Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week 2 friends came to visit and we continued our Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes co-op playthrough to the end. The final area and boss was not fun at all, took us over 2 hours to get through the final area. As a game Tri Force Heroes is just fine, nothing special, really the best part of the game was playing together with friends and laughing loudly when throwing their character down a cliff accidentally and/or intentionally. Worth it to play with friends who like Zelda games. After that we started Metroid Prime: Federation Force co-op playthrough, it's a game that I have played pretty far as single player (it's not great as single player game) so it's intresting to see how it fares as a multiplayer game as it goes on but even on the first missions it feels like a much better game when playing co-op.

I had Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity on loan from the library, and finished the main story in the past week. It was fun, I like Musou games and Age of Calamity was a fun game in both Musou and Zelda series'. I would absolutely recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
      I had Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity on loan from the library, and finished the main story in the past week. It was fun, I like Musou games and Age of Calamity was a fun game in both Musou and Zelda series'. I would absolutely recommend it.

I'm curious where you live. I'd love the local library to allow loans of modern games but alas its mainly books, Blu-rays/DVDs and CDs. I might actually think of giving some of the things on my shelves to the local library when it reopens as I'd like they're to be a better selection of entertainment for those who might not be able to afford what they want online or from stores.

Comment

Still Final Fantasy XIV. I've done the main story of Shadowbringers now but am now working through the more recent patches, and also clearing some other 'old' content like the 24-man Ivalice raids. Ideally I'd like to have a healer, tank, and DPS class all at 80 in time for Endwalker, but I am already feeling I might eventually stop a little short of this.

On the side, a little bit of Gnosia. I'm still early enough in that the story at large hasn't kicked in, but it's already got some fun ideas on the 'werewolf game' formula. Character designs are plenty out there, and the mood it's generating is really solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I'm curious where you live. I'd love the local library to allow loans of modern games but alas its mainly books, Blu-rays/DVDs and CDs. I might actually think of giving some of the things on my shelves to the local library when it reopens as I'd like they're to be a better selection of entertainment for those who might not be able to afford what they want online or from stores.
          I live in Finland. Our libraries are only "partially" open currently, we have to reserve our loans online and then we can pick the reservations from the library, but libraries are not open for browsing. The loan time for books are normally one month, but for games it's 2 weeks here. If your library allows for donations, that would be a good idea.

Comment

A curated selection of video games at the library is such a great idea.

Comment

I'm currently playing BioShock for the first time. Dunno why I picked it up but I've been enjoying it, though it's aged a little and having already played Bioshock Infinite the shine has been removed from it somewhat.

That said, I've not been able to put it down and I'm passing around an hour a night and enjoying it.

Comment

The city of Rapture is like nothing else, it may be old but man i envy you getting to experience it for the first time. As someone who hates first person shooters in general it was the first one that totally won me over due to it's story & setting.

Comment

For some reason I felt like playing a mage in Dark Souls. Having a blast! I could honestly keep playing souls games forever.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    The city of Rapture is like nothing else, it may be old but man i envy you getting to experience it for the first time. As someone who hates first person shooters in general it was the first one that totally won me over due to it's story & setting.
                    Yeah it's lovely but I think age hasn't been kind as the level design is pretty basic underneath. Still, I loved it (finished it last night). I also have Bioshock 2 but think I'll switch it up to something else now.

Comment

Been on the RESIDENT EVIL 6 remaster on XB1. Done Leon's scenario, just clocked Chris's second chapter, playing it in order.

It's a game I've started about four or five times on the 360. It never clicked with me. Thinking back now, I think it's 'cos I was being messed around by a lass at work around the time it had come out and I was depressed and tumultuous when I was playing it.

Back then, it was a 5.7/10 for me, it felt like a MASSIVE downgrade from the buy/sell system from Resi 5, plus I was already depressed by that bird.

However, NOW......

...I **LOVE** it. What a GREAT game. It's EPIC...and very, very LONG. What a banger of a game.

Really nice n' smooth n' nice-playing, these days. Plus that bird's not messing me about anymore. And I'm also in a kinda happy place, anyway.

It's just trying to refine the action element. It's nowhere near CoD, like many made it out to be at the time, total lie!!!!!!!

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!

Comment

I recently finished The Medium and Detroit, so I jumped back into the rather wonderful Star Wars: Fallen Jedi.

I finished it last night. It’s such a good game. There’s not much wrong with it. Even the voice acting is great.

I tried Yakuza Kiwami but I got bored quickly and gave up. I was pining after something big, burly and full of spectacle, so I downloaded Titanfall 2.

It’s all three of those things. Hot damn.

From the trailer, I thought the robot was voiced by none other than Optimus Prime himself, Michael Ironside! But it turns out Prime is actually voiced by none other than Peter Cullen!

I was wrong either way. Still, I’m going to continue believing my robot is voiced by none other than Michael Ironsi—Peter Cullen.

I’m not budging!

Comment

^Titanfall 2 is bloody brill, I need to put some proper time into it (huuuuuge backlog). The GOTY regularly goes for about £3.74 in the Xbox sales, total barg.

Comment

PS3 is now retired as of last night, it seemed to struggle with running MGS4, Puppeteer and Killzone 3 but with them all being on PSNow it seemed better to fully reformat the system and prep it for timely selling off.

PC
                            Still on a break as the backlog grows

Switch
                            Now into the mid-50's on Shines for Super Mario Sunshine, really getting bogged down into being a chore with few of them fun to pursue. hoping it gets to the endgame soon.

PlayStation 5
                            A bit of a way into Unravel

Oculus Quest 2
                            Finishing up The Climb

Comment

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Ubisoft have refined this series into something quite special. So many different things to do and tweak, and very much play it your own way. I'm always amazed at the detail in the worlds they create too. Just shy of 30 hours in and very much enjoying it.

Resident Evil VII - I'm amazed at how nasty this is for such a big commercial release. Such a well made horror game. Never finished it for one reason or another but it's good to be back in that horrible house again.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                I recently finished The Medium and Detroit, so I jumped back into the rather wonderful Star Wars: Fallen Jedi.

I finished it last night. It’s such a good game. There’s not much wrong with it. Even the voice acting is great.

I tried Yakuza Kiwami but I got bored quickly and gave up. I was pining after something big, burly and full of spectacle, so I downloaded Titanfall 2.

It’s all three of those things. Hot damn.

From the trailer, I thought the robot was voiced by none other than Optimus Prime himself, Michael Ironside! But it turns out Prime is actually voiced by none other than Peter Cullen!

I was wrong either way. Still, I’m going to continue believing my robot is voiced by none other than Michael Ironsi—Peter Cullen.

I’m not budging!
                                Titanfall 2 is an absolute cracker and one of my games of the decade. It's still the best FPS campaign in my book, I'd even place it above half-life 2.

We need a proper next gen Titanfall sequel...

Comment

Working...
                                X