Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran through Rez Infinite after grabbing the free copy off PSN. Not much to say other than it's still great and I had a chill time playing through it again.

Still making my way through Yakuza: Like a Dragon. SEGA struck gold with this imo.

Also been helping my girlfriend with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I was a bit dismissive when it came out but I've been really enjoying our playthrough. I even like the English dub despite its dubious quality, especially the Welsh lass, she's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Still making my way through Yakuza: Like a Dragon. SEGA struck gold with this imo.
      I hope they stick with the format. Loved every second of it. Joint goty last year along with Doom Eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I hope they stick with the format. Loved every second of it. Joint goty last year along with Doom Eternal.
        Fingers crossed because its really been a breath of fresh air.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Resident Evil VII - I'm amazed at how nasty this is for such a big commercial release. Such a well made horror game. Never finished it for one reason or another but it's good to be back in that horrible house again.
          I finally bought the DLC chapter for this a few weeks ago and have some time off now. I might just play it after reinstalling REVII as I've heard good things about it.

Still pressing through Ghost of Tsushima atm. I'm still enjoying the general combat/traversal but I'm ready for the final act to roll in (and so I can return it to the friend who leant me it). I received Hajimari no Kiseki for PS4 and Tokyo Xanadu for PS Vita through the post recently and want to make a start on those at some point as well.

Comment

Super Mario 3D World and Splatoon 2 on Switch. I can't beat Champion's Road.

Comment

We bought Kirby Star Allies (NSW) this weekend.

You play as Kirby, vacuuming up baddies. However, baddies with a specific set of skills can be treated in two ways:

1) you can ingest them and gain their skills (yo-yo, wrastling, sword, fire, water, cleaning, etc). Kirby will don some of their clothes, too
              2) you can brainwash them into joining your group by chucking a heart at them, after which they'll be controlled by the AI

You can also combine certain powers. If you have a sword, you can press up and one of your team will imbue it with their own power(fire, water, wind, electricity), turning it into a water sword. This means you don't have to needlessly shuffle abilities just to put out a fire.

Also, the AI is wicked. It can be a little aggressive, killing a baddie before I've had a chance to ingest it, but it never needs your help. It knows what to do and just gets on with it. Need to burn some leaves but want to keep your water sword? Just go near them and your AI fire buddy will take care of it.

Multiplayer is interesting. Players 2, 3 and 4 take the place of an AI character. Unlike Kirby, the additional characters keep their form, but they're free to change by chucking hearts at a baddies.

Reviews said it was a bit easy, and it is, but it's such good fun. It's cute, the music is wicked and there are a wide range of characters/abilities to mess with.

It's a lovely little game.
              Last edited by randombs; 01-04-2021, 11:43.

Comment

Going into the weekend:

PC
                I think I'll be starting Paradise Lost

PlayStation 5
                Doing some matches on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Nintendo Switch
                Starting Super Mario 64

Oculus Quest 2
                Starting The Climb 2

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!

Xbox Series S
                Nothing yet, the games I want to revisit from my library are installed now but I still want to curate the Retroarch programme

Comment

Xbox One - One Finger Death Punch 2.
                  (Need to play Titanfall 2!)

PS4 - Strange Brigade

Comment

The gentleman above has also been fighting alien scum in EDF5.

Experiencing the delights of spiddas jizzing, tadpoles spaffing, ants vomming and whesps nailing him.

I don’t like him. But I fight with him.

Comment

Just kicked off Outriders on Xbox (game pass) and it's actually pretty damn good. It's basically Destiny in 3rd person with dollops of "not taking itself seriously" ...

Comment

Disco elysium.
                        What a great game! I'm a completely off my rocker drug addicted cop and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Comment

EDF 5.

95% now. The final stretch.

Comment

Polybius psvr and Super Mario 3D land

Comment

Finding myself playing a TREMENDOUSLY crappy Xbox One indie game called THE UNKNOWN CITY, a simplistic zombie FPS that's jankier than SPEC OPS on PS1.

Jim Sterling laid into it a couple of years back and I saw it for sod-all in the sale and bought it cos it had a charm to its crapness in that video, at least I thought.

It planted a seeeeeeeeeed.

And - yeah - it's atrocious, absolutely. But I often buy games based on the strange moods or weird atmospheres they potentially project. And, of course, it might be a crap game but it's very odd and I'm enjoying the crazy atmos, it's kinda surreal n' creepy.

This has worse pop-in than GRAN CHASER on the Sega Saturn and all of the city looks like a cut n' pasted 'urban' background from a Davilex racer circa the early days of the PS2.

But enjoying...enjoyable...I enjoy it. And it has a rudimentary upgrade system. Whoop-A-Doop. But I'm sure it'll enhance the dodgy fun a tad more.

NOT recommended...unless you can enjoy really crappy games. I can happily...happily crappily, happy-crappy stuff indeed!!!

Comment

EDF5 has been great to dip back into, thanks for the help, [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION].

Bought a few games for my son from the Switch multiplayer sale for the Easter break:
                                Rekt
                                Tinker Racers
                                Urban Flow
                                Conduct Together (thanks [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION])
                                Lego Undercover

Apart from Lego, they were all about 96p.

The only one I played was Tinker Racers, which is an unashamed Micro Machines clone. Sadly, I took to it better than my son.

I wonder if I quit so easily and played something else when it was tough or I had less games, so persevered more? 🤔

For myself, I dipped into GTA for some general hooning. Driving people around in my turbo boosting car for laughs.

Last night's co-op session was back on Strange Brigade, which has been brilliant.
                                Like a 1920s Left 4 Dead with mummies and skelegogs and pirates.
                                It's actually really funny, with a well-written narrator.
                                Recommended, if you're a co-op fan.
                                The base game was a fiver, but I got the DLC megapack for about £7 in the last PS sale.

We almost didn't want to kill the pirate boss as he was so funny, knowingly banging out all the piratical clichés he could. Almost

One mate went to bed, so the three remaining tried Horde Mode and it was really good! You defend an area from increasingly difficult foes, earning cash to buy weapon upgrades and unlock new areas.

15 waves long, but we managed to survive the first level, but it was crazy-intense and we finished about 1am, having lost track of the time and had to try and sleep with adrenaline properly pumping!

Comment

Working...
                                X