X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Days Gone still.

Clocked another 15 or so hours since the post above.
    Still, still, still.

At the end game. It's all built up to something pretty massive and I can't wait to see it all kick off.

Then it's back into the air to clear nests and hordes. Luvverly

Comment

Some more of Uncharted 4.

Really good! The diving section really threw me - thought it was in the middle of the Caribbean or something. I liked the domestic section. It was nicely put together, animated and acted. I’ve just finished the escape with his brother, and started to break into the auction.

The story has a much stronger hook than before. The visuals are absolutely lovely, especially the animations and lighting effects.

So far, it’s a 9/10 experience.

Comment

Trying to play MGS3, but it's pissing me off.

Clear headshots not registering, d-pad for sneak attacks, rather than using the analogue, I can't seem to sneak attack anyone and restarting means quitting to the main menu and going through the whole reload process.

Any tips, gang?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          Is it Onechanbara?

How do you spell it??!!

**** it!!!!!!

(*smashes hole in store display and ****s in cafeteria area*)
          Depends on which game. I've seen Onechanbara, Oneechanbara and Onechambara on various artworks and games.

Comment

Similarly, I’ve seen FamMydoDd, FANnyDwad and FemMeDudd as variations.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Trying to play MGS3, but it's pissing me off.

Clear headshots not registering, d-pad for sneak attacks, rather than using the analogue, I can't seem to sneak attack anyone and restarting means quitting to the main menu and going through the whole reload process.

Any tips, gang?
              MGS3 to me seems an utterly broken game without the analog buttons of the ds2.

Comment

I am waiting for Dark Souls 3 to come through my door, but whilst I wait, I am still wading my way through Dark Souls 2 scholar of the First Sin, just picking up and going through areas I missed initially. I’m finding the DLC punishing to get through as the enemies and bosses are SO much harder to dispatch.

Probably doesn’t help how I can’t bring myself to trade my Souls (collected from boss fights) for weapons that potentially hit harder... Also, playing exclusively offline as a 100% hollow (never using an effigy) makes everything even more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                  Probably doesn’t help how I can’t bring myself to trade my Souls (collected from boss fights) for weapons that potentially hit harder... Also, playing exclusively offline as a 100% hollow (never using an effigy) makes everything even more difficult.
                  For the weapons, you need to find

Ornifex. First you need to free her in the Shaded Woods and then head to her workshop in Brightstone Cove Tseldora; the closest bonfire to the workshop is Lower Brightstone Cove. Note that she looks like a Crow Demon from DS1, so your first instinct in seeing her could be smashing that R1 button until you or her are dead.

For the spells, you need

Straid of Olaphis. He's on one of the upper floors The Lost Bastille, petrified.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    MGS3 to me seems an utterly broken game without the analog buttons of the ds2.
                    I'm coping without them.
                    Was borderline giving up as it was winding me up, but it finally clicked and I'm having fun now.

Love those PS2 era visuals.

The game is nuts, though. Somebody drove a motorcycle up someone else to knock them out.

Comment

Boom!!

Days Gone main story finished!! At least 35 hours if I had to guess - as there's no statistics page.

Going to go all out to finish all side missions before TLOU2.

Credit to Bend for working so hard to patch the issues post launch and also provide loads of free DLC to keep things fresh and interesting.

Fantastic!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I'm coping without them.
                        Was borderline giving up as it was winding me up, but it finally clicked and I'm having fun now.

Love those PS2 era visuals.

The game is nuts, though. Somebody drove a motorcycle up someone else to knock them out.

Cowboy belters

Comment

Started Red Dead Redemption 2. Getting 50fps with a default mix of ultra, high and medium @ 1080p on the old AMD 290 which is probably my favourite GPU since the 8800GT at this point.

I'm about 3 hours in, having just got out of the snowy area at the start. I want to find the most demanding area before jumping in more fully just so I can tweak things a little next.

Comment

Up to chapter 10 now of Uncharted 4. What a bloody glorious game.

The only moments of frustration concern my difficulty in nailing headshots in this one (might be to do with my controls set up) and the odd bit in the escape from the auction where I didn’t know where to go and it wasn’t massively well signposted. That probably says more about my impatience these days than the game.

I am loving the different locations and the sense of a jet-setting adventure. Scotland was a fantastic level to play. The feel of the place was bang on, and I’m glad that common sense was evident in the game’s internal logic. One thing that annoyed me about the first game was that you were going through locations untouched for decades, yet soldiers seemed to crawl from every direction during a shootout. So I waited with baited breath during this level to see whether or not the game would throw enemies at me, despite explaining that I was going into areas undiscovered for hundreds of years. And it didn’t! It was just a long sequence of exploration. Glorious!

Im really enjoying the story and character interactions. For some reason, the interactions between Nate and Sam reminded me of playing co-op Kane and Lynch, which wasn’t a great game, but I had a lot of fun playing it. The exploration is Tomb Raider. The stealth bits have the air of Hitman. It’s a nice mix. The gunplay is still my least favourite part, but it’s not bad at all.

I’m continuing to enjoy the character animations and the scripting that goes beyond verbal. The character facial expressions are excellent. I find myself really watching the cut scenes, rather than wanting them over.

Loving every second of it.

Comment

It’s a great game. And I agree, the script, acting and facial animations are a serious cut above the vast majority of games. It really makes a difference, and does remind you how poor those are in most games compared to even the most average film.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Onechanbara is the correct spelling. Basically, Onechan means big sister. No idea what the bara means. I have to see the kanji.
                                Bara means rose. It’s Big Rosy Sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X