Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played Battlefield V on Tuesday with mates and it's a combination of polished and janky!

Co-op on CoD is Zombies, BlOps and MW1 (2 player), but BV has a handful of co-op missions where you go somewhere shoot some peeps then defend.

Really enjoyed them and they were both thrilling and tense. We found normal to be a bit hard, but easy was more enjoyable. Maybe future replays with more kit unlocked makes the higher difficulties more do-able?

Slick graphics, loads of weapons and pretty satisfactory combat.

Then you finish a mission and it breaks!

Literally every time we finished, it fell over, hanging on menu screens. One time, I remained in the game and my friend was watching me run around knifing enemies!

We'll definitely work through the 8 (IIRC) co-op missions, but it's a chore having to restart the game every time!

Did some GTA races after that.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Did some GTA races after that.
      Yeah, I know. 'QUALITYCHIMP TOTALLY LOVES GTA ONLINE' popped up on my What's New feed last night. I thought, better grab that and get him telt tomorrow:

Now stop it. You're ruining games for everyone.
      Last edited by Golgo; 20-05-2021, 11:49.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        What the hell! I had no idea Stardew was like that. I thought it was straight up farrrrrrming.
        It has a surprising amount of content, there's the farming but also there are dungeons/mines to explore it's where some of the crafting materials come from. Yeah there's a wizard that lives in a tower at the edge of town if you help him in a certain quest he will let you buy some interesting items from him later on these are not like the regular farm buildings Robin offers to build for you these have very interesting properties. The warp towers allow you to just move to other parts of the map without having to travel saving a load of time that can be used to explore as you only have till 2am to get everything done as if you go past that time you collapse and you will have to pay gold for the hospital bill. However the warp towers cost millions each and i have barely amassed half a million after 3 in game years of playing or 50+ hours or realworld time. This game is dangerous to free time, mainly as those 50+ hours haven't felt like it in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          Yeah, I know. 'QUALITYCHIMP TOTALLY LOVES GTA ONLINE' popped up on my What's New feed last night. I thought, better grab that and get him telt tomorrow:

Now stop it. You're ruining games for everyone.
          That's hilarious!

Comment

As my full copy of Miitopia is on it's way for tomorrow deliver i thought i'd spend a few more hours this evening grinding up my team in the demo ver although i have a feeling i am making it a bit easy as once i carry my save over a lot of monsters are going to die as my team has become extremely strong & close in friendship links, i love how they all buff each other when fighting so it's like you get multiple damage chances each turn it's a really fun & unusual rpg battle mechanic. Curious how far it goes with levelling, hoping loads more characters join my team as there seems to be loads of open spaces at the inn. I want to try out the other classes like chef & singer as they look pretty fun i went for a basic team at first with 2 warriors a magician & a cleric.

One thing that i really enjoy is the humour, the situations & eye expressions never fail to make me laugh. Plus when this scene comes up accompanined by the psycho strings ree ree ree music, i laugh my ass off. The jealousy mechanic is very weird and adds some interesting quirks when you are battling and your team doesn't get on.

Comment

This weekend will be:

Switch - Super Mario Galaxy
              PC - Observer
              PlayStation 5 - Mass Effect

Comment

Undertale on PC. Finished it with neutral ending (only 3 or 4 kills) some 18 months after starting with 7 hours playtime, nudging it forward bit by excruciating bit. Obviously I didn't enjoy it and only kept playing because of its reputation. Apart from making every enemy and NPC a little insecure and zany, and encouraging you to find the trick to spare them in combat, I really couldn't find anything interesting or commendable here. It's the most overrated indie I've played since Thirty Flights of Loving and I finished it as I finished that one: in a state of awe and bewilderment at the power of hype.
                Last edited by Golgo; 21-05-2021, 18:24.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  It has a surprising amount of content, there's the farming but also there are dungeons/mines to explore it's where some of the crafting materials come from. Yeah there's a wizard that lives in a tower at the edge of town if you help him in a certain quest he will let you buy some interesting items from him later on these are not like the regular farm buildings Robin offers to build for you these have very interesting properties. The warp towers allow you to just move to other parts of the map without having to travel saving a load of time that can be used to explore as you only have till 2am to get everything done as if you go past that time you collapse and you will have to pay gold for the hospital bill. However the warp towers cost millions each and i have barely amassed half a million after 3 in game years of playing or 50+ hours or realworld time. This game is dangerous to free time, mainly as those 50+ hours haven't felt like it in the slightest.
                  Christ on a bike, you’re making me want to find out what all the fuss is about.

Comment

Stardew Valley is a lot of fun, you should play it!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Stardew Valley is a lot of fun, you should play it!
                      It’s not that I don’t want to, but when? I am currently playing/reading Clannad which is a lengthy VN and then have Buried Stars, Ys VIII and DQXI yet to be played. I don’t want my to-do list to get any bigger right now.

Comment

I've gone back to finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider and didn't realise it's been given an FPS boost on series X.

Absolutely gorgeous game...

Comment

Really enjoyed my time with Resi 8 and as of yesterday I moved onto Mass Effect. Never played the series before but I'm liking so far. Biggest standout is the music which is epic. Really adds to the sci-fi vibe and overall immersion. Worlds are rather nice too. A pleasant change of scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            It’s not that I don’t want to, but when? I am currently playing/reading Clannad which is a lengthy VN and then have Buried Stars, Ys VIII and DQXI yet to be played. I don’t want my to-do list to get any bigger right now.
                            I admire you only having those games to play from. You must have impressive self-control.

Comment

I agree about the Mass Effect music; the music throughout is high quality with the galaxy map/planet resource harvesting secondary gameplay music in particular being outstandingly atmospheric

Comment

Well miitopia is becoming a hoot, the more i put in the more hilarity i'm getting out it really does become more fun the more you put into making miis to cast out your world also discovered you can have any mii as many times as you like so there's now duplicates to go in my team as well as in the cast member roster. Just a shame making proper miis takes some time.

Princess Adolph debuts

The tim allen 2 way love triangle

The victor to the love triangle emerges

After round one where all your team gets swept away and you are left to try a new job and make a new team i decided to go with scientist and i added mr epstein in as chef with adolph taking the role as imp and mr lee playing the role of pop singer it's a weird mix of jobs and yet they all seem to work together.

There's also a character that takes candid snaps while you play that you can buy off them if you find them, Adolph giving some serious shade stares at stan

more of my team has been whisked away for a second time so i'm now left with making a new team of miis decided to see how good the makeup tools are, seems they are stupidly powerful as you can add layers of stickers & makeup and edit it as you please to make pretty much anyone if you have the time, although there's most likely a limit to the amount of stickers and such you can attach but i managed to make burgerface whose battle cry is screaming beeeeeeeef.

He's taking the pretty princess job role, no idea what abilities princess has but i'll be finding out shortly lol

Oh and i died when i saw this. God damn nintendo a twerkey hahaha those memeworthy eyes
                                Last edited by importaku; 22-05-2021, 18:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X