X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's helping to sell me on getting a Steam Deck though

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      Have also been playing Persona 5 Royal. 50 hours and only 3 bosses in. Bit of a mammoth game, this one.
      Persona 5 is a beast. I played the original release, not Royal, and it was a hefty experience. It also ends about half a dozen times. You're thinking, ah, here we go, roll credits - nope, here's another dungeon

Great game though, I loved it. Although P4 I think edges it for me.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition
      Nil, nadda, nowt, nothin'

Same boat here. I bounced hard off Ratchet and Clank on PS5 and since then I've just not had any interest in playing anything, for some weeks now.

I have however (just of last night) dug out the 3DS charger and started playing Soul Hackers, after I got a sudden hankering for something Megaten related (just realised that's coincidentally related to my reply to Golgo above).

I'm a couple of hours in and enjoying it. Think this is the kind of thing I need right now, a dungeon crawling grindfest with nice 90s Saturn vibes.

I was going to get a copy on Ebay where it's currently going for around the £50 mark, but then realised it was on sale on the eShop for £4.50. So that was a no brainer.

Comment

Yep, usually I eventually get a hankering for a particular type of game and once I've done that it rolls me back into other things but I've not felt that yet. Release schedule ahead is pretty dull too so I might make a point of trying a few different things over the weekend to see if something sticks

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Although I hate leaving things unfinished, I think finishing it for the sake of competition is a folly
          I’m often taunted by unfinished games in my digital libraries so I’ve been hiding ones I’m 100% sure I probably won’t play again.

I could sell off physical games and not have to worry about running into them randomly during a spring clean or at the cafe or sonething.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Although I hate leaving things unfinished, I think finishing it for the sake of competition is a folly.
            My library is littered with unfinished pish. I feel no quitters remorse for it whatsoever. Get ready to join me and abandon Control too when you see what a hideously glitchy and janky bit of trash it is.
            Last edited by Golgo; 06-08-2021, 16:46.

Comment

Been playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It's so much better in 4k/60. I didn't think I'd be one of those '4k snobs' but damn when you play 4k/60 you never want to go back.

Also fired up Days Gone again after slating it. Yeah OK, I get it now. Its just much more slow paced then I gave it time for. Its not an easy game. But if you take it slow and think it through its pretty good.

Comment

I've gone back to playing StreetPass games on my 3DS this past week and a half. I have multiple consoles so I decided to start StreetPassing with myself, and as I have bought all the StreetPass games to one of my 3DS's, I have plenty to play. StreetPass Fishing, StreetPass Mansion and StreetPass Trader have been my favourites to go back to. I have also tried to beat StreetPass Squad's Arcade mode in either Normal or Hard, but have not been able to, it's a tough one.

Comment

Dragon quest Builders 2 a little, bit more Monster Hunter Rise, and deciding I'm going to COMPLETELY redo my AC island. Yeah, good choice that one!

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  or at the cafe or something.
                  Pure lol there.
                  #RunningIntoMyGayExwifeAtMcDonalds

Comment

Jumped back into Yakuza Like a Dragon and immediately got side tracked by all of the optional stuff.

Comment

Put a little more time into Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (a title sporting the rarely seen double colon). Been meaning to play this since it first came out on 3DS about eight years ago, but I've been spurred into it by getting bored of waiting for SMT 5 to come out later this year.

I'm about 6 hours in now and I'm enjoying it. It's basically a pretty straightforward dungeon crawler. You clomp around, do turn based battles, and then in between go to the shops and chat to people to advance the story.

Two dungeons down and the last boss battle was nicely tricky. I'm definitely relying on googling stuff and reading GameFAQs threads to help me make sure that I'm putting my XP into the right places when levelling, but I'm actually quite happy with that.

The story is a little bit over the place, but the cyberpunk trappings are cool, and the SMT demon designs are as great as ever. I love how it's kind of occult.

Comment

Dragons Quest 1 on Switch. Actually quite enjoying it, it reminds me of a less interactive (not as many interactions available- streamlined?) version of Exxodus:Ultima III, with way better graphics.

I'm charmed by it. The Switch version has a quick save which I didn't discover until about 4 hours in. Definitely helps reduce frustration.

Anyway, I've gone from looking at a map to dipping in and out of a guide - and I feel no shame!

Comment

Bonus points when I copied the tweet address and it said "Link copied"

Comment

Link's Awakening is so good. I had so much fun playing the remake of that. Such a perfectly constructed game.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Link's Awakening is so good. I had so much fun playing the remake of that. Such a perfectly constructed game.
                              It's a pretty direct remake, so the dialogue is limited and a bit twee, but that's literally all I can think of to complain about because it's absolutely lovely and I couldn't stop playing.

Comment

Two 9 hole rounds of Everybody's Golf a night for the last couple of weeks.

I hate, hate, hate the character creation side of it. I very much miss the designed characters from the PS3 / Vita games as I felt they looked more solid and detailed. The custom characters look a bit lightweight by comparison.

The golf is still sublime though.

Can't really be bothered to play anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X