Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny Tina's Wonderland. I've never played any of the Borderlands series but I was drawn to this for the D&D vibes. It's just fun, plain and simple. There's always plenty to do, and it always yields precious loots and xp. The challenge is just about right to keep in from ever feeling like a chore or a breeze. Enjoying it.

Comment

Onto the final episode of Life is Strange 2 now, might revisit something on Quest 2 next

Comment

I was playing Horizon FW but my wife has started the FF7 DLC so I’ve dusted off my Series S to get back into Halo Infinite. It’s glorious and it really feels like I’m outside. The cut scenes are still a juddery mess and that’s a huge shame because they’re so good. Chief just destroyed a building and then skydived right into the loading bay of Hugh Jackman’s Pelican, then I saw the cutscene from that old video that everyone shat on a few years ago, where the main baddie says “bare your fangs!” and I got goosebumps all over again

It’s all such a wonderful spectacle, but it’s reigniting my desire to buy a Series X. I must resist!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Tiny Tina's Wonderland. I've never played any of the Borderlands series but I was drawn to this for the D&D vibes. It's just fun, plain and simple. There's always plenty to do, and it always yields precious loots and xp. The challenge is just about right to keep in from ever feeling like a chore or a breeze. Enjoying it.
          Cool! The tiny Tina d&d section in borderlands 2 is one of my favourite gaming things ever.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            I was playing Horizon FW but my wife has started the FF7 DLC so I’ve dusted off my Series S to get back into Halo Infinite. It’s glorious and it really feels like I’m outside. The cut scenes are still a juddery mess and that’s a huge shame because they’re so good. Chief just destroyed a building and then skydived right into the loading bay of Hugh Jackman’s Pelican, then I saw the cutscene from that old video that everyone shat on a few years ago, where the main baddie says “bare your fangs!” and I got goosebumps all over again

It’s all such a wonderful spectacle, but it’s reigniting my desire to buy a Series X. I must resist!
            If you do crumble there seems to be plenty of stock at the official MS store and if you use gift cards from cdkeys you can buy one for about £394.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              If you do crumble there seems to be plenty of stock at the official MS store and if you use gift cards from cdkeys you can buy one for about £394.
              Haha thanks, but I’m good. I’m also in Japan where Xboxes are like unicorns and that helps me resist.

Comment

Haha thanks, but I’m good. I’m also in Japan where Xboxes are like unicorns and that helps me resist.
                Ah my bad I just assumed you were UK. That's a whole different ball game!!

Comment

As well as more Tiny Tiny I've been playing Shadow Gangs on the Switch (thanks to [MENTION=8183]dyer60[/MENTION]). It's a cracking Shinobi style game with super tight gameplay. Great fun, even when it's kicking your ass.

Comment

Picked up time loader yesterday, really fun puzzle game with a great time travel story some twists have come so far that i didn't see and it's cool seeing how the enviroment changes because of them as you try and undo everything. Paradox city, the robot controlls really nicely plus the crinkly sound of the tires as they go over different materials is pleasing to listen to.

Comment

Set up Taiko no Tatsujin again yesterday. Loved it but remembered why I put it away and forgot about it. The USB cable is too short and playing it on the floor is uncomfortable. Not a huge deal but I need to source a decent 2m USB Hub.

The game still rocks of course and I remembered Namco released a Taiko RPG I still want to try.

Comment

Talked about FFV already on the retro thread but finished that today.

Then went and finished up Katana Zero. That is a stylish game, but it is also really, really, strikingly violent - not in a sanitised way either, rather a grimy, drug-addled, stupourous kind of way.

After that I've quickly stuck on a couple of other bits to see what I fancy playing through next. I can't remember who/what turned me on to Boomerang X, but whereas I was quite into the controls at first (that jump is great - lots of forward motion!) I'm slightly less impressed by what I've played being an arena shooter. Then had a quick go on Panzer Paladin, which... feels a little bit style over substance. Like a mecha take on Shovel Knight, but with a more limited colour palette and with more regular weapon cycling than even Breath of the Wild. Might stick this one out, but not completely convinced that it's doing enough new / interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                          Set up Taiko no Tatsujin again yesterday. Loved it but remembered why I put it away and forgot about it. The USB cable is too short and playing it on the floor is uncomfortable. Not a huge deal but I need to source a decent 2m USB Hub.

The game still rocks of course and I remembered Namco released a Taiko RPG I still want to try.
                          What about a USB extension cable? I use them with things like my USB Saturn pads.

Comment

What about a USB extension cable? I use them with things like my USB Saturn pads.
                            I used to have one but can't find it anywhere, must have got rid of it during a cable purge. Would be easier to store.

Comment

Finished Resi 8:

Great game. Best graphics and atmosphere of any game to date IMO. Mechanics show their age occasionally but overall an excellent entry. Gives that feeling of dread an fear in boss battles and hoard rushes but without being overly difficult or cheap.

Comment

Weekend roundup:

Still the short daily bursts of Halo Infinite, switched from the Steam version to the Windows Store version as the rewards recognition seems more reliable. On Win3 I'm early on in a replay of Enslaved which so far seems to have remained fun despite being around a decade old now. I'm now very toward the end of Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge on Quest 2. I'll likely be looking at starting something else too this weekend on PC or PS5. If it's PS5 it'll likely be Grand Theft Auto III: Definitive Edition, on PC likely Chernobylite

Comment

Working...
                                X