Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backed the full game which is probably still a long way off, but heard that Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising was decent and not very long or particularly challenging, which was just what I needed this weekend. It's fitting the bill very nicely and I'm enjoying it a lot. Platform-y action RPG with loads of side quests, a few different systems and ideas, most all of which contribute to steady upgrades to the central town you're based out of, and yet are seamlessly handled and don't ever slow you down or take you out of the core gameplay loop. It's nothing too ambitious, but the characters are decent enough and it's a nicely detailed fleshing out of one small part of the world we'll see in 100 Heroes. Liking it.

Comment

Stopped playing Disaster Day 4, because on top of being unacceptably jank, it's just so ****ing boring. 5 hours in and nothing interesting has happened. Complete time waster.

Comment

Ultra-modded next-gen Skyrim on the new A/V setup. I need to res the Skyrim thread because there’s so much impressive new stuff being added to the game. It’s looking almost as good as CP2077. The 3080 is getting absolutely flogged, and dipping under 60@1440p.

Comment

Had a full run through of Tetris Effect on the Series S yesterday and it was a struggle, I am DEFINITELY losing my reflexes for really fast paced games. I might also need an eye test as by the time I completed the final stage after something like six attempts, I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Had a full run through of Tetris Effect on the Series S yesterday and it was a struggle, I am DEFINITELY losing my reflexes for really fast paced games. I might also need an eye test as by the time I completed the final stage after something like six attempts, I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head.
            I did the last level on One Finger Death Punch 2 last night and I had to use a continue as it was just getting insane by the end.
            The speed ramps up and you barely have time to react by the 500th enemy with another couple of hundred left!

I have one level left with 1000 enemies, but I'll definitely have to use a continue ("Revenge Token") that starts the level again, but you have health regen and a longer attack range. It'll still be a challenge by the time you're in the final few hundred!

It's total chaos by the end, too as all your special powers are kicking in and you're flitting between punching, swords, guns, chainsaws and all sorts of bonuses that modify the flow, so you have to be really switched on.

Nice ending sequence of the two brothers who made it, in cartoon form, showing how hard they worked on the game.

I dabbled in a few other modes like Survival and this bonkers mode where the screen gets obscured by a cat on the screen and you have to push it out of the way!

Comment

I must be in a puzzle game kind of mood, as after my Tetris play through I’ve moved on to Lumines on the PSP. A total flashback as soon as the first tune kicked in, and I was quite happy with my scores on the first few runs. Can see me getting right back in to this one, class gaming for a quid!

Comment

I haven't played much recently but after months away from it I got a sudden urge to play Vanguard last night. Banged a few matches in and loved every second. Only slight frustration came when I ran out of ammo and picked up another player's gun ... and it was so much better than mine it wasn't funny. I'll obsess about it until I can cobble something close

Comment

The Messenger. Spot-on, goofy, retro-inspired goodness. In the same league as the mighty Shovel Knight, for me.

Comment

Dipped my toes into Skyrim, bit apprehensive since I know I'll be playing it for a long time and it has been fun so far.

Comment

A bit more Halo Infinite campaign. Kinda enjoying the new enemies. The grapple is loads of fun.

Comment

Started a replay of Dead Space 2 on Series S. Still looks and plays great, really enjoying revisiting it.

Comment

Going into the weekend:

Win3 - Remember Me: Getting into the late stages of the game now, it's been fun but it's for the best it wraps up soon

PC - Alan Wake Remastered: Very early on in, it looks nicer but not game changer better.

Series X - Evil Dead & Donut County: Just three achievements left on County to get and I'm almost max ranked with Evil Dead 1 Ash now, it's just finding decent games that's the biggest issue

PlayStation 5 - Gran Turismo 7: Only just on the licenses now that the steering wheel is set up right

Comment

Sniper Elite 5 I'm about halfway through the 3rd mission of this one taking my sweet time with it. Really enjoying it and I'm actually warming to the invasion mechanic they've put in it as I've had some tense battles with other players.

Halo Infinite: Season 2 This has me by the balls at the moment after losing interest in the first season pass.

I really love the new Breaker map and I'm enjoying the various modes they're dropping into it. There's still some niggling issues but I find myself coming back to this on a near daily basis.

Comment

Chipping away at Skyrim. Got predictably side-tracked by the ten thousand quests you get given. Not sure which faction to help out yet. I don't want to be pro Imperial but the other guys are xenophobic pricks. I tried killing their Jarl but got swamped. I need to find/craft some better gear.

Comment

Been hitting alot of my old PS one favourites lately.

Resident Evil
                                Parasite Eve 2
                                Syndicate Wars
                                Ridge Racer Type 4

Comment

Working...
                                X