No announcement yet.

Jap games - cool as

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see you're also missing World Tour Golf 64 for 64dd Importaku... that's the only one I'm after besides the "special edition" Doshin release.

Some great stuff there... what's in the top right corner of pic5 btw?

All that's missing is a copy of Bangia-oh
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Hehe yeah im after those 2 N64DD games as well but they pop up once in a blue moon and when they do they cost a fortune. Even in japan they are very hard to find as my friend out there has told me

To be honest from what i have been told only japan pro golf is woth getting as the 2nd doshin game is less than perfect (well ok its crap).

I plan to get a copy of bangaio as well but all the copies i have seen so far have been damaged and the asking prices were insane considering how badly the box was damaged. When it comes to N64 stuff im very picky about box condition.

As for that game in the top right hand corner of pic 5. Im assuming you mean the one with the golden robot on the front with the big boobies

Its called (takes deep breath)..........

Uchhannanchan no Honoo no Challenge: Denryuu IraIra Bou

Basically its a guide the stick around an electric maze. Exactly like those wire buzzer games you can get. Very fun and extremely addictive well worth tracking down a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
        And Ico - using the beautiful Jpn artwork, rather than the absolute travesty that was the US release.
        Just wondering - did the UK get the cardboard fold-out slipcase with the artcards ... or was that that an Aus / NZ only thing ?

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieg
          Just wondering - did the UK get the cardboard fold-out slipcase with the artcards ... or was that that an Aus / NZ only thing ?
          It certainly did. Its got pride of place in my PS2 collection right now.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
            Hehe yeah im after those 2 N64DD games as well but they pop up once in a blue moon and when they do they cost a fortune. Even in japan they are very hard to find as my friend out there has told me

To be honest from what i have been told only japan pro golf is woth getting as the 2nd doshin game is less than perfect (well ok its crap).

I plan to get a copy of bangaio as well but all the copies i have seen so far have been damaged and the asking prices were insane considering how badly the box was damaged. When it comes to N64 stuff im very picky about box condition.

As for that game in the top right hand corner of pic 5. Im assuming you mean the one with the golden robot on the front with the big boobies

Its called (takes deep breath)..........

Uchhannanchan no Honoo no Challenge: Denryuu IraIra Bou

Basically its a guide the stick around an electric maze. Exactly like those wire buzzer games you can get. Very fun and extremely addictive well worth tracking down a copy.
            Yeah... I've seen a couple of copies of WTG64 on Yahoo Auctions Japan but hardly any sellers there ship abroad. I've asked Tokuda to find me a copy (I hope he has that on his search list) plus I have a couple of other contacts who search shops for stuff. That's the only one I'm fussed with either, didn't know about the "second" Doshin until fairly recently.

I got my copy of Bangia-oh for ?40 total from Japan and it was in almost perfect condition. Guess there are good ones if you can find them!

As for the game I asked about... oh that one... yeah I'd seen screenshots and a bit of write-up about it in the past. Had no idea the box art was like that though
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I really didn?t care about box artwork until I recently saw the American version of Shenmue II, for the Xbox.

They?d changed Ryo?s face to look like he was a tough all-American hombre. It was laughably bad. Thankfully somebody had the good sense to re-draw it for the PAL release, but you can still faintly see the American version in the bottom right corner, I do believe.

Anyway, it was enough to convert me into a box xenophobe.

Incidentally, I suspect it was an evil conspiracy by Nintendo to release their games in shoddy cardboard boxes; thereby making any decently cared for box into an expensive collectors items... Or perhaps they were just cheapskates, I don?t know.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideOutBoy
                I really didn?t care about box artwork until I recently saw the American version of Shenmue II, for the Xbox.
                This is a scary transformation too...

to...

Comment

Oh man, that really is bad. Just makes you wonder what the artists were thinking!

Comment

Working...
                  X