Battlefield 2042

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear.

I'm still in the mindset that this and COD will be 30%+ off by the end of the year looking at current sales figures for COD and the numbers Halo is pulling F2P.

If they want to lure people away they're going to have to drop the prices and if it's low enough I'll bite. Otherwise I'm in no rush (mode) to pick this one up.

Comment

I think Vanguard will see some leeway in pricing by end of the year, COD's are always tricky on price drops to an extent though. BF seems to drop much faster so I can see that tailing quick in that regard. Curious how Infinite does. The F2P aspect means figures will be high by default so its long term concurrent that will measure its success, but that free aspect severely limits the sales appeal for the campaign so given how well MS has done via Steam etc I'm curious if the expanded audience bites.

Comment

That is definitely going to be interesting. There will obviously be a % of players who install it just because it's free and to see what all the fuss is about but what with the campaign going into game pass they still don't have to pay full price for that either to try it out.

That's an entirely new model so it'll be one to crawl over the numbers when the dust has settled.

Much like every BF game before it this one sounds like it's coming in rough from the off... I know DICE will fix it over time but already I think they're on the back foot with the other competitors in the mix.

Comment

This is the thing for me, it's been the smoothest BF experience I've had at launch from BF4.

Comment

I loved 3, didn’t finish4, although I think I liked it. Maybe I’ll give this a go.

Comment

Can start pre-loading on PS5 on Wednesday, and GIT MA GAME ON from Friday. BF4 was rough as **** at launch, and despite half the internet not being born at that point, some of us still remember. I'll keep it in check and just play the objective like always.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                the complete lack of competitiveness also kills it for me, no score board, no points to get for yourself or the squad. Can't aim for the top players in the servers, no feed back on your squad working well together. this is probably worse than the bad maps and rubbish gun play trying to shoot 30m out, feels like rolling a dice.

change squad is hidden 2 menus deep and only allows random selection or dumps you in on your own if they are all full.

love spawning with the force gun check animation unable to do any action while the enemy team capturing the flag pumps you full of lead.

the forced deploy at the start, little time to set up, leads to running around with something you don't want, and with 40-50 other people that missed the vehicles.

No server list, can't guarantee low pings, every match end dumps everyone out so can't revisit servers and get familiar with the players there and the map rotation.

Constant deploy menu bugs, went full matches unable to change my load out, often the highlighting cursor is missing or everything is lit up.
                Wow sounds worse than I expected. Guess I'm waiting for 6m or so when this is bargain bin and hopefully they've patched in the missing stuff. No server lists is an absolute joke.

Comment

Question, given how bad this looks and plays, why are people still buying it, do you hope by burning hard earned money it will suddenly become amazing on launch day or something?

Comment

Honestly, I love that there's no server list. I know it'll come eventually but server lists are just a needless faff. All 2042 needs to be in essence is a better game than BF1 or BFV which shouldn't be hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Honestly, I love that there's no server list. I know it'll come eventually but server lists are just a needless faff. All 2042 needs to be in essence is a better game than BF1 or BFV which shouldn't be hard.
                      Most sensible games including past BF's would have both a quick play and server lists with the later being essential for not just allowing you to play on the maps and rules you want but also growing communities long past tourists giving up on the game.

Comment

Yep, it's just that as the game matures the Quick Play tends to become lower in quality as the long standing players lean to the servers. That then means wading through queues and menu's to find playlists that just do what the game did itself in the first place. I get it would have been highly useful in the PC days when these games enjoyed very long community driven shelf lifes but since the console market weighed in it just feels like players doing what all other MP games do for them.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Question, given how bad this looks and plays, why are people still buying it, do you hope by burning hard earned money it will suddenly become amazing on launch day or something?
                          Because it doesn't look bad at all and it plays like a decent BF game?

You know that some folk actually still enjoy gaming, right? Just not enough to spend £70 on it.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 17-11-2021, 08:46.

Comment

I still enjoy gaming plenty thanks, just not poor games. It doesn’t matter whether this is £0 or £70, its still a fundamentally poor game. People just seem to be mentally willing it to be good, when this is clearly what you got, its not going to change much fundamentally.

Comment

I'm afraid I'd disgree - this is no where near fundamentally a bad game by any stretch, at least not playing it on a series X.

Comment

It hasn't officially launched yet right? 19th if I remember... do we know if there is a day one patch?

Comment

Working...
                                X