No announcement yet.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they doing a physical release? Online price of £50 or £74 with season pass. Chotto takai, ne?

Last edited by Golgo; 01-05-2024, 16:00.

Comment

Nothing official that I know of but there's apparently been some placehold listings appearing suggesting there will be one

Comment

I've not heard about this series?

I've heard all the cool kids play it, though.

Deffo getting this, but it's deffo gone up in price!
        70+ notes for the DX version is crazy talk.

I mean, if I play if for the 370+ hours like I have with 5, it's good value, but I'm not sure what all those deluxe extras comprise.
        Those DLC packs have had some of the best weapons, but it's endgame stuff unless you can turn off limits.

However, I'm genuinely excited for this GOTY to drop.

Comment

I'm looking forward to many games site article and review references to how derivative EDF6 is of Helldivers

Comment

Okay, to answer my own question about what you get with these pre-order and Deluxe versions

PlayStation Store pre-orders are available now and include the following bonuses:
            • 24 hours of early access to the game
            • Downloadable content
            • Reverse Core Type-N
            • Powered Exoskeleton Nix Metal Coat
            • Recruiters (Takanashi Kiara, Gawr Gura, IRyS)
            • Blacker No.6 (Deluxe Edition-only)

The Deluxe Edition includes the following content:
            • A copy of Earth Defense Force 6
            • Season Pass
            • Additional Weapons
            • Air Raider Boarding Weapons: Eros No. 6
            • Air Raider Boarding Weapons: Naegling No. 6
            • Ranger Boarding Weapons: Free Bike No. 6
            • Ranger Weapons: Broken MR98 Fang
            • Ranger Weapons: A60 Binary Round
            • Ranger Weapons: Aerial Reverser M0
            • Wing Diver Independently Operated Equipment: Handy Saber Type 0
            • Fencer Weapons: OneeChanbara ORIGIN-Illustrated “Disguised Body Pillow”
            • Fencer Weapons: Power Blade Zero
            • Fencer Weapons: Proto Reflector
            • Strengthening Parts for Fencer: Gunner’s Exoskeleton
            • Additional Missions
            • Additional Mission Pack 1: “Lost Days”
            • Additional Mission Pack 2: “Visions of Malice“​​

To clarify the mission packs, I took this off the Wiki about the Japanese release:
            "The first major DLC pack, Lost Days, released in Japan on March 23rd 2023.
            This pack includes 19 new missions, 76 new weapons (17 for the Ranger, 21 for the Wing Diver, 20 for the Air Raider and 18 for the Fencer), and new "Primal" variants of basic enemies with enhanced abilities. Like EDF 5, the new weapons are level 100 or greater and can only be unlocked by playing the new missions on Inferno difficulty: some are repeats of weapons from EDF 5's DLC, but the majority are completely new.

The second DLC pack, Visions of Malice, released in Japan on June 29th 2023.
            This pack includes an additional 40 missions, 110 new weapons (29 for the Ranger, 28 for the Wing Diver, 28 for the Air Raider and 25 for the Fencer) and more new enemy types.​"

Comment

Considering this began as a budget range and is still a niche game, they certainly love to charge full whack. Worldbrothers is the same, esp. its DLC. Not convinced of the sense of this now, what with it being a 2 year old game and Helldivers enjoying huge success and hoovering up this kind of market for a 'budget' price of £30.

Comment

Wash your mouth out, doubter!

No, I know what you mean. I remember the game being fairly cheap in the past.
                I got EDF5 in a sale, so it was only £15 from PSN, but trawling my emails and EDF 2025 on 360 was £15 from Gamestop in 2014 (ten years ago!)

If someone like me is hesitant to pay all that much, your casual gamer will compare this to Helldivers 2 and walk on.

Realistically though, this is a game I love, have been looking forward to and will definitely get my money's worth out of it, so I need to stop being such a miser.

Comment

to the untrained eye this game looks like it hasn't improved since i played first 360 game, so asking full whack with season passes is to much for me. But i understand that niche games like this don't sell much or make a lot of money so getting hardcore fans to cough up is the only way for survival.

Comment

It felt like EDF5/Iron Rain became a moment where people paid a lot more attention to the series and so I can understand them trying to capitalise on it. But coming in so epically late on localising EDF6 whilst launching in the wake of Helldivers 2 feels like they're hugely misreading the room.

Comment

I don't think Sandlot march to the beat of someone else's drum.

Totally agree that it shouldn't have taken two whole years to localise, but here we are.

I'm pretty sure I said the same thing when EDF5 came out.

I don't think anyone knew Helldivers II would be so popular, definitely not the makers, based on the weeks of server issues and tweaks, so Sandlot probably didn't know either.
                      However, I know it looks like you're pitting the two games against each other, EDF6 has come out when EDF6 is ready to come out.

I'm hoping this gets some traction from players that have learned to enjoy PvE games like Helldivers II or wanting to see what the fuss is about.

Although expensive, I'm aware that it's not purely a cash-grab, but a way to ensure that EDF7 happens.
                      Probably around 5 years time, 2 years after the Japanese release!

Comment

Working...
                      X