Astro City Mini announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    People buying this, the original version, and the Egret are gonna have a mini arcade in their house.
    What is this? An arcade for ANTS?!

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    These devices are cool but they're not really for me. I wish Namco would make a bar top scale Rave Racer, or Time Crisis. That would be more up my alley.

Comment

I know most people are fans and collectors, but most sites and forums, looking back start to look like promotion for various items. Until they hate something, which can be the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        What is this? An arcade for ANTS?!

Comment

Looks like the astro mini V is now available for preorder on amazon jp with a sept 30th release date, seems they have hiked the price up too, 5000 yen more than the previous one cost.

Comment

Sega Toys has announced Astro City Mini V, the second product in its Arcade Classics series following the release of the original Astro City Mini in December 2020. It will launch in summer 2022 for…

Here's that game list for the V:
            "Astro City Mini V is a mini reproduction of the Astro City arcade cabinet that appeared in Japanese arcades in 1993. Unlike the original Astro City Mini, Astro City Mini V uses a vertical screen and contains 22 mostly shoot ’em up games, including Out Zone, Battle Bakraid Unlimited Version, and Sorcer Striker.

The full list of titles is as follows:

Action Fighter
            Aero Fighters (Sonic Wings)
            Armed Police Batrider*
            BATSUGUN
            Battle Bakraid Unlimited Version*
            Cosmo Police Galivan
            Desert Breaker*
            Dogyuun*
            Fire Shark (Same! Same! Same!)
            Grind Stormer (V・V)
            Gunbird
            Moon Cresta
            Out Zone*
            Raiden
            Samurai Aces (Sengoku Ace)
            Sorcer Striker (Mahou Daisakusen)
            Strikers 1945
            TATSUJIN
            Terra Cresta
            Truxton II (TATSUJIN OH)*
            Wrestle War
            ZAXXON
            *First-time ports. Out Zone and Dogyuun are first-time ports for Japan.

Tokyo-based arcade Game Center Mikado cooperated on the development of Astro City V, providing hard-to-obtain circuit boards, selecting titles, and supervising the button layout.

Astro City V also has an HDMI connection to connect the hardware to an external display, and an “Easy Save” function that instantly saves your game with the push of a button."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/astr...ni-v-announced

Here's that game list for the V:
              "Astro City Mini V is a mini reproduction of the Astro City arcade cabinet that appeared in Japanese arcades in 1993. Unlike the original Astro City Mini, Astro City Mini V uses a vertical screen and contains 22 mostly shoot ’em up games, including Out Zone, Battle Bakraid Unlimited Version, and Sorcer Striker.

The full list of titles is as follows:

Action Fighter
              Aero Fighters (Sonic Wings)
              Armed Police Batrider*
              BATSUGUN
              Battle Bakraid Unlimited Version*
              Cosmo Police Galivan
              Desert Breaker*
              Dogyuun*
              Fire Shark (Same! Same! Same!)
              Grind Stormer (V・V)
              Gunbird
              Moon Cresta
              Out Zone*
              Raiden
              Samurai Aces (Sengoku Ace)
              Sorcer Striker (Mahou Daisakusen)
              Strikers 1945
              TATSUJIN
              Terra Cresta
              Truxton II (TATSUJIN OH)*
              Wrestle War
              ZAXXON
              *First-time ports. Out Zone and Dogyuun are first-time ports for Japan.

Tokyo-based arcade Game Center Mikado cooperated on the development of Astro City V, providing hard-to-obtain circuit boards, selecting titles, and supervising the button layout.

Astro City V also has an HDMI connection to connect the hardware to an external display, and an “Easy Save” function that instantly saves your game with the push of a button."
              The news that they have been using real arcade boards to help with emulation is a good sign.

Comment

There was a big YouTube live thing for this today, release date now confirmed for the 28th of July.

Comment

Just put out a video unboxing and look at this system

Comment

Can't watch the video with volume at the moment (at work) this may be a daft question, can two of these be linked together for two player, or is it additional joypad shenanigans only?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Can't watch the video with volume at the moment (at work) this may be a daft question, can two of these be linked together for two player, or is it additional joypad shenanigans only?
                      Two joypad I'm afraid. No back to back link option.

Comment

There's been a lot of talk on the net about the lag being unacceptable on the Astro City Mini V. Is this just so called purists being petty or is it really an issue?
                        Yesterday when I played for the first time, I did so via a TV with VRR support. I don't think that would do anything to change lag on a device like this.
                        Anyway, today we play on the actual screen. What do you think about the lag?

Comment

I originally had one on preorder but i cancelled about a month before release, seems i dodged a bullet there (with added lag ) Did sega really think nobody would be picky on a system that's full of shmups? one genre where lag makes the game extremely hard to play.

Comment

It... does not look good.

Comment

So there is some speculation surrounding this and apparently the Egret II mini too.

Basically they aren't supplied with a power adapter and people assume any amperage is enough to power them because they haven't read the manual or not taken note of the power requirements. With sufficient power the latency figures aren't nearly as bad, apparently.

Comment

That's the case with the E2 Mini but I'd be very surprised if Mike didn't use a sufficient power supply for those readings.

Comment

Working...
                                X