No announcement yet.

Astro City Mini announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the various sites i can find it really does seem like it's just to plug into the astro as a nicer controller cant find any info of it been a stand alone. It's price is high so i'm hoping it's using decent arcade parts as thats gotta be the reason it's 12,000 yen. Guessing we will find out for certain when sega updates the astro mini website.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      16:9 screen.

Sega.
      Oh christ just noticed hovering over cancel button. Surely couldve just masked with plastic.

....aaaaannd I'm out. I'll stick to my virtua stick and mame. That screen done me in.
      Last edited by Baseley09; 03-09-2020, 15:17.

Comment

The arcade stick looks like a reskin of the excellent Virtua Stick High Grade. If I can get one via Amazon Japan I might consider buying one to convert for my supergun setup...

Comment

Does the stick work on other consoles? Does it house the Mini content with HDMI out or is it just to plug into the mini?

Comment

This is completely baseless but I think it will plug into the Mini and probably just be generic USB controller, so suitable for use with a PC or a Raspi or whatever else.

Comment

It might be a really nice stick, but I'd need to know the input latency before grabbing one.

Comment

looks like a decent size, lol buttons and stick vanished because of green screen. In the stream they said it's using sanwa parts so it's probably gonna be good.
                Last edited by importaku; 03-09-2020, 22:03.

Comment

Arcade stick now live for preorder on amazon japan

Sega's official site just mentions it's a stick so it's not a stand alone.

interestingly on the blurb at the bottom of the amazon page listing
                  Fan convinced operation feeling using Sanwa Denshi parts!
                  Game Center In order to reproduce the operation feeling that everyone touched, the same joystick switch made by Sanwa Denshi as the "Astrocity" housing is used! The button layout can be customized according to the user's preference.
                  Last edited by importaku; 04-09-2020, 01:12.

Comment

Well, just as long as it reproduces the operation feeling that everyone touched.

Comment

Shame that it’s not available to the UK, would make a great additional controller for my RPi. (Assuming it was compatible)

Comment

It's just USB, I believe. So it should be.

If the latency reports were low I'd want two of the ****ers! Green and orange. Wow.

Two of those plugged into a MiSTer box that's feeding into a BVM. Someone pass me the tissues.

Comment

Actually, I'm doing some work on the side for a PCB prototype and manufacturing firm while learning LOTS in the process. Even if the latency was gash I could probably get a couple of revised boards out which would bring them up to best-in-class.

Comment

Here's the Multi Game System guy's rendition...

SOLD* // 3D printed #mgs003 joystick. It works with Raspberry Pi, PC and PS3. *DM your best offer Winner will be messaged by tomorrow 12pm est If...

He making a Versus City Mini too.

Last edited by hudson; 04-09-2020, 09:06.

Comment

I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to these things, sorry, but, with these being USB controllers, would they work on any of the more recent consoles or are they limited to PC, Raspberry Pi and similar?

Comment

Looks like I can't just buy the stick directly from Amazon Japan. Shame

Comment

Working...
                                X