• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wargame View Post
    which forces you to use Modern Controls
    What are those?

Comment

Modern controls is a new control scheme to help casual and new players get into the game without having to learn the complex 6 button method.

You can do one button special moves, however you only get one version of that special, and you lose half your normal attacks. Also your damage output is nerfed in this mode.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Demo is on Steam store. I tried it on my Steam Deck and apart from having to quickly skipping a graphically glitching screen (or it will crash) on boot, it actually ran brilliantly
        What did you do to get it to run? I am seeing the crash during start up that kicks you back to the SteamOS.

Comment

What did you do to get it to run? I am seeing the crash during start up that kicks you back to the SteamOS.
          Is that after the seeing full-screen graphical corruption? If so, during that corruption, press A to skip past it.
          Yeah, I am running with Proton 8.0-1. Probably a bit old that, but that's what I tried and it worked. I will try vanilla.

Comment

Is that after the seeing full-screen graphical corruption? If so, during that corruption, press A to skip past it.
            Yeah, I am running with Proton 8.0-1. Probably a bit old that, but that's what I tried and it worked. I will try vanilla.
            No graphical glitch, I get style text about the game being in development and things may change etc, then it just goes back to the steamOS. I see others on Reddit are also having issues.

Edit:

Ok got it running, never had to mess with proton before. Does look nice even in low in handheld mode. Will dock it later to see how it handles.
            Last edited by wargame; 26-04-2023, 10:33.

Comment

Modern controls is a new control scheme to help casual and new players get into the game without having to learn the complex 6 button method.

You can do one button special moves, however you only get one version of that special, and you lose half your normal attacks. Also your damage output is nerfed in this mode.

https://www.polygon.com/23172651/str...odern-controls
              This led me to not explore World Tour mode. What a stupid oversight by Capcom.

Edit: Just given the Steam demo a go and it runs like a dream on my 5600X / 3060 Ti build. I remember SFV being a huge resource hog at launch even on my 970 (980 Ti was the bleeding edge at the time).
              Last edited by speedlolita; 26-04-2023, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                This led me to not explore World Tour mode. What a stupid oversight by Capcom.
                It's only the first chapter, by the end of it you can then enable classic controls. WTM is really there for the casuals who want to play something other then online. It also looks like it will do a decent job of teaching people who to play a fighting game.

Comment

Just checking, did everyone go straight to Ryu on their first go and immediately try a fireball?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Just checking, did everyone go straight to Ryu on their first go and immediately try a fireball?
                    No, dragon punch… Close.

Comment

You know what I meant, nerd!

Comment

Well that's crap, I didn't realise that it wasn't going to be supported on Xbox One, just the X and S series :facepalm:
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Have to assume it's a calculated move based on how many active XBO owners there are now. Like Hi-Fi Rush, it's a S/X exclusive but looks reeks of XBO or even earlier... Goat Simulator 3 too

Comment

We meet again, Wargame. Ken does me head in.

Comment

We meet again, Wargame. Ken does me head in.
                              I wondered if that was you. You back down to Ultra Silver? Well played, usually most Mika players just do that charged HK and just walk into nutral jump. You did well to take those matches of me, I thought I had you both times.

I am finding there is a massive player short fall in Gold now, either I get matched with Ultra Silver, or the few gold players there are are either players with a few 100 games who are really good or people with 30/40, 000 matches who are just stuck at this rank. When I get to Super Gold all I get are Ultra Super players who send me back. I should really have started playing a few years ago rather then leaving it till the end.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Nope, for me it's the kick that launches the opponents off the wall so they can be juggled. Found the love for that in sf3 and it pure gold.

I've had a run through the demo on the pc now but it doesn't seem to allow online play but but initial impressions; I like the slightly muted back ground and paint splashes in the temple stage and it runs like a dream in highest settings on the laptop.
                                Last edited by concretesnail; 29-04-2023, 09:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X