No announcement yet.

Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with Ultimate as it's the one game where I like to have everything.

If your going digital don't forget you can get a slight discount by buying PSN/Xbox credit from the likes of Shopto, managed to get £10 of the Ultimate version this way.

The Game spot review glosses over a Battle Pass to without any explanation, not sure if they just called it the wrong thing or there is something beyond an Ultimate Pass.

Comment

Is there a diagram of all these pre-order options? This seems to be getting absolutely rave reviews (I've held off on the betas, as I've had a lot going on so didn't really have the time).

EDIT: Seems like I'm going for the PS4 standard version. I'll get the character passes later when I know more about them.
      Last edited by Asura; 30-05-2023, 22:05.

Comment

If you have a next-gen system or PC (or even Deck) I'd be more inclined to go with those versions. If the DLC tail on SF6 is as long as it was on SF5 then I wouldn't trust the support to last on PS4 long enough to keep up and not require a repurchase

Comment

Buying the digital PS5 version includes the PS4 version, not sure if it works the other way though.

Edit: PS5 preload now available.
          Last edited by wargame; 31-05-2023, 00:02.

Comment

Ultimate Edition wasn't that much more on cdkeys so I went with that.

After the open beta and the positive review scores I imagine I'll be playing a lot of this one after all.

Also it appears that the Steam version has Denuvo. Boo!
            Last edited by speedlolita; 31-05-2023, 06:27.

Comment

Would denuvo have been in the demo or beta versions?

Comment

OK you get the PS4 version with the 5 and vice-versa, apparently.

Wish I'd known, I would've ordered the 5 version (too late now, it's been dispatched).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  OK you get the PS4 version with the 5 and vice-versa, apparently.

Wish I'd known, I would've ordered the 5 version (too late now, it's been dispatched).
                  As in, the PS5 disc works in a PS4?

Comment

Just inserted my SFC SFII cart and can confirm you get SF6 version update

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      As in, the PS5 disc works in a PS4?
                      Not sure enough to say buy it certainly the digital version of the PS5 game also nets you it for PS4.

Comment

No the PS5 disc won't work in a PS4, the upgrade is digital, so if you put a PS4 disc in a PS5 you get a prompt to upgrade.

With the digital purchase you get both.

Comment

Comment

OKAY...

So my PS4 order of Street Fighter 6 was cancelled by Amazon (says "the package was damaged"), meaning that I can now order the PS4 or PS5 version.

I have a PS4 Pro and no immediate plans to buy a PS5, but obviously if both versions work, the PS5 is probably the best one to get as it'll retain value better.

Can someone here who knows how this all works advise me; should I just get the PS5 version?

Comment

The reason I responded to you asking this earlier is that while I've heard of many examples where a PS4 disc can go in a PS5 and trigger a free digital upgrade, I wasn't aware of any such system where a PS5 disc in a PS4 would do anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                OKAY...

So my PS4 order of Street Fighter 6 was cancelled by Amazon (says "the package was damaged"), meaning that I can now order the PS4 or PS5 version.

I have a PS4 Pro and no immediate plans to buy a PS5, but obviously if both versions work, the PS5 is probably the best one to get as it'll retain value better.

Can someone here who knows how this all works advise me; should I just get the PS5 version?
                                Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X