No announcement yet.

Street Fighter VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like there is no coherence in the look here. Some of the character models are really regular looking and others are pushed in weird places. And the movement is so soft. I guess this was never really going to be for me. SFIV didn't do it for me and I never even tried V so I guess I'm just out of SF now.

Comment

Still a year's worth of polish to go. It took a long time, but V turned out to be my fave SF game. So, give it until 2027 and SFVI should be poppin'.

Comment

Comment

Watched the trailer a few times and watched some analysis videos and went from eh to actually that looks pretty good. I am not a fan of the realistic look, always liked my games to look like they are games. But the have added enough special effects to counter that. The Over Drive mechanic sounds super interesting and is putting a spin on the SF formula. The fact that you start will full meter and if you use it all up your character becomes disadvantage is a since idea (no idea how well that work in practise but at least it is something new).

The drunken fighter looks really cool, the presentation looks like they spent a lot of money on this, although I hope there is a option to enable the classic soundtrack as I was never a fan of the SF3 soundtrack and this seems to want to go in that direction.

Lots of info on the mechanics, inputs and a new modern control scheme for new comers who find the traditional method a bit daunting.

Comment

Damn guys I already posted this news.

Gutted none of my mains have seemingly not made the cut.

Comment

Tbh since SFIV i've thought the art style was gash, never liked the massive hobbit feet or muscles, Ryu always looked ridiculous.

Comment

Ryu has had big ol feet since SFII, to be fair

Comment

Pictures of ingame Ken and a video of Cammy doing her ultra are going around too. Capcom got a big hole in their bucket!

Comment

Ken looks like he's lost the mansion, the kids and the missus. Hobo Ken has arrived.

Comment

I am very much on the fence for this at the moment, remembering back to the initial SFV trailer which I would argue looked great.....but they removed a lot of things for the main game

Comment

Already there's loads of stuff they're talking about that I think will add dimensions to both the core fighting but also the wrappings around it all. I think it's pretty exciting, and while it was never the biggest issue to me personally, I get the impression that the first iteration of the game will be far less skeletal than with V.

Very hard to tell much about the new characters from just a picture, but excited to see what they look like. Of those we have seen, Jamie looked interesting in the trailer at least, whereas I'm still not quite sold on Luke. That the 8 original world warriors are all in there already doesn't even surprise me any more; I'd love to see the dependence on them broken, but I have accepted that it just won't happen.

Comment

From the way the gameplay tweaks come across, the visual alterations and the new cast it gives me SF3 vibes in terms of trying to inject newness into the series, just with more balance than the first version of that game did at the time.

Visually it looks better than SF5 but not a wow title, expected given it's a PS4/XBO generation game. I love, love, love that there's been no focus on pushing the esports element that slaughtered SF5 at launch. There's a lot I'm not sure of but the characters I'm willing to ride with just because SF5 ended up bleeding so heavily into past games that they can't really keep mining that source.

Comment

there are some animation elements that need work. Ryu's tatsu for example looks wack. But not sure how you improve a man spinning across a screen like a helicopter. It's a signature move They have a whole year to polish and balance. It's looking like Capcom don't want the repeat of the muted release of V. Seems to be aiming a fair amount of content in there for the casual players which is a great start. They opened the trailer with that, so fingers crossed. I'll be mostly in Training mode with Ranked match-up turned on, and again it's looking like the online side of things has been heavily pimped. I saw the 'Game Centre' area in Battle Hub area seems to have old SF cabs in it. This would be ace!

Comment

It’s interesting how they have revisited the hip hop / urban look and feel of the game. Like, how they tried it out with Street Fighter 3. At first, I figured they just ran out of ideas for a theme and decided to try and be hip again with the younger generation.

Having thought about it a bit more, I can understand why they have gone for an American, upbeat vibe. It goes hand in hand with this commentary system they have added to the game. It’s kind of like trying to recreate the excitement and intensity of the one on one competitions that the top players get involved in. Basically, creating a tournament vibe to it all. Therefore, the use of an overly enthusiastic American commentator goes hand in hand with the drama of the in game action.

Here’s hoping they try some more commentators from around the world… Maybe some Latin American ones… those guys sound even crazier, when you don’t know what they are saying…

I do wish that they would have an overhaul of the roster like they did with street fighter 3. Nothing screams a new fighting game than characters you have to learn from scratch…

I’m looking forward to hearing more about this game.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of people talk about how this is going "back" to an urban/hip-hop feel, which surprises me.

Am I the only person who feels sf has always had a connection to that subculture? I swear even back in the 90s you had rappers sampling the SFX from the games in tracks, and they've carried on to present day.

Comment

Working...
                                X