This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Yeah, I'm not convinced by the accuracy of Windows Central's reporting.
    You mean their typing skills...

Comment

Steam Users with VR headsets (total) is 1.88% (+0.18%)

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        You mean their typing skills...
        No, I mean the accuracy of their reporting - given VR take up on PC isn't 25% or even a variation thereof with a misplaced decimal point.

They looked at that graph and took the number at the bottom without actually properly reading what the chart was telling them.
        Last edited by MartyG; 22-10-2020, 13:48.

Comment

Always funny when the survey linked in the article has the actual information they failed to report accurately.

Comment

If you add up all the numbers, VR take up is 100% on PC

Comment

Notch another one up to game pass, the Falconeer is a day one launch exclusive and in game pass right off the bat.

Edit: interesting IGN has pulled the video... It seems it IS NOT going into game pass but I am wondering if that was a genuine mistake or whether it's planned to enter at a later date...

Glad about this as I like the look of this indie game.
              Last edited by nonny; 23-10-2020, 07:18.

Comment

Things starting to move on the Series X, just had to confirm and pay for my pre-order with Curry's and Game have just send me an email saying they will be taking the money over the next couple of days. Which ever of these guarantees a release day console gets my buisness.

Comment

Touch controls on xCloud for Android now supported on 10 games including Hotshots Racing and everybody's favourite clipart simulator Streets of Rage 4.

At Xbox we believe this era is all about the player, you are the future of gaming. We listen to what you – players, game developers, and content creators – tell us you want and based on your feedback, we’re building a future where you and your friends can play the most immersive and interactive […]

Comment

I shudder at people who feel fine using touch controls.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      I shudder at people who feel fine using touch controls.
                      It's good for certain games in a pinch,... It's nice to see them offer plenty of customisation to make it work when you need to fall back on it.

I've played Minecraft Dungeons for a few hours on a tablet with touch controls and it was actually great. For other games like say Killer Instinct I don't think it's worth it.

Hotshots racing would work...

Comment

Gears Tactics out on console day one.

4K60 on Series X
                        2K60 on Series S

Comment

Apple are removing Stadium, which is the browser based app for Stadia... I wouldn't hold your breathe for a MS Cloud browser just yet.
                          ThatÂ’s a slightly different kettle of fish. Stadium was an unofficial app someone developed to enable what was effectively a WebKit instance running Stadia. It wasnÂ’t actually running in the Safari browser, and basically exploited a loophole in the WebKit APIs, which is why Apple shut it down.

Whereas Amazon Luna will run straight from Safari on iOS. YouÂ’ll just access a webpage to use it - no app required. This means Apple canÂ’t ban it from the App Store.

Now how well it will work remains to be seen! But itÂ’s different to Stadium and an approach MS could also take.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            ThatÂ’s a slightly different kettle of fish. Stadium was an unofficial app someone developed to enable what was effectively a WebKit instance running Stadia. It wasnÂ’t actually running in the Safari browser, and basically exploited a loophole in the WebKit APIs, which is why Apple shut it down.

Whereas Amazon Luna will run straight from Safari on iOS. YouÂ’ll just access a webpage to use it - no app required. This means Apple canÂ’t ban it from the App Store.

Now how well it will work remains to be seen! But itÂ’s different to Stadium and an approach MS could also take.
                            Yeah I was just reading up on that this morning. The article I had read previously had not stated reasons behind the removal.

That at least puts a glimmer of hope on this browser based approach being acceptable by both parties and workable for the consumer.

Comment

Can't wait to play Orta in HDR. Had pay Shopto for both my Series X and PS 5 so hopefully, that means I'm day one for both systems now

Comment

Yeah I was just reading up on that this morning. The article I had read previously had not stated reasons behind the removal.

That at least puts a glimmer of hope on this browser based approach being acceptable by both parties and workable for the consumer.
                                Yeah, I can't imagine it'll be as good as a proper app, but it's better than a poke in the eye. MS have said they'll be launching their browser based version of XCloud for iOS in 'early 2021', so it's not long before we'll find out how well it works. ( [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] - you'll be able to try it on your new iPad Air then)

On a side note, Phil Spencer is now hinting at Xbox streaming sticks for TVs in a recent interview:

The indication seems to be that they could be 'free' - presumably if you sign up for a year of Game Pass at the same time.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2021 or 2022 TV sets start to have Game Pass apps built right into their smart platforms, too, which would also help to make the service significantly more accessible.

One final gobbet from back in June that I'd completely missed is that the server blades will be switching from One S to Series X next year.
                                Last edited by wakka; 23-10-2020, 11:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X