Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Jesus, it's a day ending with a "Y" isn't it?!

Comment

It's time to Chooseday Teddy? If you have to... Both console manufacturers are well-matched...

Nintendo will always carve out their own unique niche...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
          https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-ha...-for-ps5-games

I think it does...the X Box controller is now the universal standard even Nintendo copied it, the original DUKE goes with the PS5 behemoth...instead haha!
          I think it's equal parts imitation and evolution to be fair. It's hard to improve on a formula that's already pretty much perfect... But it also has enough unique things to establish itself in it's own right.

Comment

Comment

1-2 Switch though

Comment

It's all imitation to be fair. Whilst the XBox controller has the appearance of being the lead formula it wasn't the first to any of its developments, MS have just been very good at looking at the range of efforts previosuly made and judging which ones to adopt to evolve their design into an all rounder. Whereas Sony are very stubborn about their stick placement sadly and Nintendo are all over the place (bearing in mind the Pro Controller is not their standard controller for the Switch) each time.

I'm curious about the durability of the DualSense sticks given how they appear similar to the DS4's. Also the feel of it given the praise it's had. I'm not picking up a Series S/X controller for my PC as the vibe seems to be it's a small step back on the XBO controller and best waited until MS further revises it in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  I think it's equal parts imitation and evolution to be fair. It's hard to improve on a formula that's already pretty much perfect... But it also has enough unique things to establish itself in it's own right.
                  The Xbox "CONTROLLER HAS SUPERSEDED THE DUAL SHOCK 4.0 IT JUST NEEDS A GOOD RUBBER SNES D-pad FROM THE 16 BIT ERA FOR PERFECTION"

Sony is all fashion no substance and clever marketing to consumers... they lap it up without thought...

Comment

I don't really get this whole stick placement thing. When I pick up an xbox controller my hands go in to xbox mode, when pick up a playstation controller my hands go in to Playstation mode. Since I never look at my hands again once I'm playing it makes no difference. You have to remove your thumb to press the buttons on both too. I could play the same game with both controllers and my play style wouldn't change.
                    I do wonder if Phil Spencer has had a go with the DualSense and found that the Xbox controller is lacking now.

Comment

If they do feel the Xbox controller is lacking features that would be useful, they can just add them in later in an updated version to be fair.

Comment

Better design than dual shock? Looks like it...

Comment

SONY have been sideswiped...

Streaming options too...

Last edited by CAPCOM; 03-11-2020, 09:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            It's all imitation to be fair. Whilst the XBox controller has the appearance of being the lead formula it wasn't the first to any of its developments, MS have just been very good at looking at the range of efforts previosuly made and judging which ones to adopt to evolve their design into an all rounder. Whereas Sony are very stubborn about their stick placement sadly and Nintendo are all over the place (bearing in mind the Pro Controller is not their standard controller for the Switch) each time.

I'm curious about the durability of the DualSense sticks given how they appear similar to the DS4's. Also the feel of it given the praise it's had. I'm not picking up a Series S/X controller for my PC as the vibe seems to be it's a small step back on the XBO controller and best waited until MS further revises it in the coming years.
                            Step back how? I'll reserve my review for when I get my hands on one but most early impressions are all positive apart from a few comments about the dpad being noisy (but more accurate).

I'm just glad it's usb C now as honestly micro USB needs to die.

Comment

... Its like trying to watch TV while someone is ring a bell in the corner of the room...

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                                SONY have been sideswiped...

Streaming options too...

What the **** is this ****?

Comment

Working...
                                X