Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying I'm right either but clearly MS bought these studios for a reason and it wasn't to just rehash Forza, Halo and Gears.

Comment

From an hour ago...

To be honest I'm ok with Perfect Dark as long as it's a complete reimagining and not a nostalgia fuelled remake that Halo Infinite seems to be.

Comment

Would have preferred a new Viva Pinata, but I'm game for Perfect Dark.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          From an hour ago...

To be honest I'm ok with Perfect Dark as long as it's a complete reimagining and not a nostalgia fuelled remake that Halo Infinite seems to be.
          Ooh, that could be interesting! Paging [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] to thread

Comment

Annoying voice. But anyway...

Comment

Whilst there's undoubtedly unannounced games within MS and Sony I personally don't feel MS is holding back anything other than stuff that is too far off on the horizon, the trouble is that they're pursuing Game Pass heavily regardless of Series X and GP is entirely content dependent so holding back anything at this point just damages the service and their ability to attract subscribers. Xbox One isn't going to drive much additional traffic to Game Pass (it'll likely start losing some soon as users migrate to next-gen) and PC is unlikely to be much of a growth area for it either. xCloud might absorb some of the impact of the next-gen transition but personally I suspect they hoped Series S/X would be a turn around of fortunes and become the central pillar of Xbox and Game Pass growth on which to build on. In reality they'd messed it up again and will be lucky not to see further retraction of userbase and therefore a roof on Game Pass's growth. Looking back I'm kind of surprised MS didn't go for fewer but higher profile studio purchases rather than the number of smaller studios they did, but what MS is doing atm is launching a next-gen console with no more reasons to get into it than their mid-gen refresh system had whilst also leaning hard on Game Pass which is like their Netflix but with a tiny fraction of the content required set to come to it. It's nice they have shown an interest in turning the ship around after last gen but it feels all to clear they left it far too late to stop what's coming.

Comment

I’ll be hella disappointed if the big studio MS have invested money into are making a Perfect Dark game and not a new IP, almost the same way I feel about Playground Games making a new Fable.
                TOO MUCH OLD BAGGAGE. Make some new stuff.

Comment

Get home from work. 2x bucket bongs. G5 Building Perfect Agent.

I've never been so immersed in a game before, nor since. Not even under VR.

Comment

When does Xbox Live go free? We should get some forum lobbies going.

Comment

It seemed to go by quietly despite the rumours going wild but MS apparently shot down the idea that XBL was going free a couple of weeks back

Comment

Bollock socks.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          I’ll be hella disappointed if the big studio MS have invested money into are making a Perfect Dark game and not a new IP, almost the same way I feel about Playground Games making a new Fable.
                          TOO MUCH OLD BAGGAGE. Make some new stuff.
                          It’s certainly NOT a system seller PD, even if a new top quality one was released. The last one pretty much killed the ip anyway.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 26-08-2020, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            It’s certainly NOT a system seller anyway PD, the last one pretty much killed the ip anyway.
                            The whole genre is a dud, it’s the same reason we haven’t seen a splinter cell in 8 years.
                            Nobody wants stealth games (unless they have a deep and emotional 20+ hours of cutscenes to carry them)

Comment

Just depends how it’s done. After God of War Ascension, would anyone have thought the next game in that series would be taken seriously as a tent pole system seller? I wouldn’t, but that’s what happened.

Comment

If its an honest game I'd be up for it. As long as its not rammed with wank.

Comment

Working...
                                X