Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to assume if it's true (and I'm still doubtful given how old PD rumours are) it's a very long time off so hopefully not repeating Halo's mistake and made for S/X only

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Just depends how it’s done. After God of War Ascension, would anyone have thought the next game in that series would be taken seriously as a tent pole system seller? I wouldn’t, but that’s what happened.
      Exactly this.

I've never played a perfect dark game to be honest. I got PD0 free at launch but only played it for a few hours and it was meh.

Never owned an N64 or played the remastered version... But a ground up new take on it would still float my boat.

Comment

Just read on Era the latest is that it's supposed to be a third person title by The Initiative

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Never owned an N64 or played the remastered version... But a ground up new take on it would still float my boat.
          Why? Just play the remaster. It's still incredible.

Goldeneye was practically the Super Mario 64 of console FPS games. Perfect Dark came along three years later and blew it to pieces.

After a couple of hours on the remaster you'll soon realise why it's such an impossibly hard act to follow. Or listen to the video I posted on the last page. Those guys don't even scratch the surface. Just read the comments for gush upon gush upon gush.

Comment

Side note, I'm playing the new Battletoads atm - it's okay I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Side note, I'm playing the new Battletoads atm - it's okay I guess
              It's basically every single game ever made all in one. Master of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                Why? Just play the remaster. It's still incredible.

Goldeneye was practically the Super Mario 64 of console FPS games. Perfect Dark came along three years later and blew it to pieces.

After a couple of hours on the remaster you'll soon realise why it's such an impossibly hard act to follow. Or listen to the video I posted on the last page. Those guys don't even scratch the surface. Just read the comments for gush upon gush upon gush.
                I'll go check it out. I've got limited time and a backlog of shame when it comes to gaming right now but I guess it's worth seeing the original (well the remaster).

In other news:

Comment

Uh oh. Expect a complete reboot and further delays as the project gets ripped up in 5.4.3.2. Aaaaaaand go.

Comment

I'll go check it out. I've got limited time and a backlog of shame when it comes to gaming right now but I guess it's worth seeing the original (well the remaster).
                    Perfect Dark is the reason why I have such a large 16/32-bit backlog.

Remember, as with Goldeneye you have to complete each stage's various difficulties in order to flesh them out with more objectives. Some missions even have you starting off in different locations on Perfect Agent.

It turns into a bit of a first-person Hotline Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Uh oh. Expect a complete reboot and further delays as the project gets ripped up in 5.4.3.2. Aaaaaaand go.
                      It does seem like it's going to be a big overhaul on the story arc as he's the main writer of H1,2,3 and Reach.

This is good news even if it does suggest a longer delay.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        Perfect Dark is the reason why I have such a large 16/32-bit backlog.

Remember, as with Goldeneye you have to complete each stage's various difficulties in order to flesh them out with more objectives. Some missions even have you starting off in different locations on Perfect Agent.

It turns into a bit of a first-person Hotline Miami.
                        Yeah it's just a series I bypassed altogether not owning an N64. I've got the full Rare collection here just never gave it the time but I now remember I held off because it was getting enhanced for Xbox One X ...

Ended up never getting around to trying it but now it runs at 9x the resolution!?! Crazy.

Comment

Yeah it's just a series I bypassed altogether not owning an N64. I've got the full Rare collection here just never gave it the time but I now remember I held off because it was getting enhanced for Xbox One X ...

Ended up never getting around to trying it but now it runs at 9x the resolution!?! Crazy.
                          I didn't know it already got the 4K treatment.

It looks great. Would it run like this on a One S?

Comment

I think prob just in 1080p on a One S, with the standard up scaling to 4K the console does for everything when connected to a 4K display. That would be my assumption at least. Whereas an X will do true native.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              I think prob just in 1080p on a One S, with the standard up scaling to 4K the console does for everything when connected to a 4K display. That would be my assumption at least. Whereas an X will do true native.
                              I'll probably pick up a SeriesX for this alone. In a couple of years, anyway.

Comment

Dontnod's Tell Me Why seems to have a good review here and unlike past efforts all three episodes are releasing one week apart - And it's on Game Pass on both Xbox and PC

Comment

Working...
                                X