Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A digital only console is money in the bank for both. They could afford to sell it super cheep because you'll be locked in to their eco system. Any game you buy they get a slice. Over years that's a lot of cash. Sony could be cheeky and put it in at the same price, they'll make that money back in no time.

Comment

Comment

Hahaha. That is fugly!

And digital only? $299, your move Sony.

Comment

I think it's cute. Is that a charging pad or hot plate?

Comment

My friend is a casual gamer. He plays FIFA and a few other games but not much. I text him with this news because he's a good gauge on the way this could go. He currently only owns a Xbone
            His messages are as follows:

Is that the new Xbox?
            Sort of, it's the less powerful version.
            £300 is a good price. What games are on it?
            Nothing great. You'll be happy FIFA is on it.
            I can get that on my xbox can't I?
            Yeah.
            I'll just wait.

Comment

Have to say, when you see it against the controller for comparison it is dinky... which is nice. It really is small even compared to the current gen consoles. It makes the PS5 gargantuan in comparison.

I don't think comparing the Sony digital PS5 is fair either. Can Sony really come in at £349 for that when essentially it isn't a reduced spec machine, it's simply missing the optical drive. That would be a huge power move but I don't think it's one they can afford? (I would be happy if they did but I can't see it myself).

As for the Series S, I would be spray painting that black grille immediately, yuck.... but it is cute because its small. I just want to know now what exactly it's capable of in terms of comparison to the XSX and the One X.

Comment

Series X should have been white and then the Series S black to mask that fan

Now they'll have the difficulty of navigating the PR of:

Early adopters buy for a next-gen experience so won't give the Series S the time of day. General consumers buy later and love cheaper models but by then the Series S will already be cemented and reknowned for being the **** one of the four options
                Last edited by Neon Ignition; 08-09-2020, 08:15.

Comment

Have MS said that all next gen games work on Series S? I imagine the console auto decides by running a game in Medium (like PC gaming) gfx settings and then High for Series X?

Thinking about the black fan grill, I think it's required so it's easily recognisable.
                  Last edited by hudson; 08-09-2020, 08:20.

Comment

£249.99!!!

Blimey

Comment

Yeah, it will run all the same games as the Series X.

I think the design is pretty cool - it's tiny! And the price is great. But I really wonder how they're going to persuade Xbox One owners to upgrade to this. There don't seem to be a whole lot of immediate advantages to buying one of these if you already own a Bone.

Once we start to see games that are no longer compatible with Bone, then it will make more sense. But by that point, the price of the Series X will likely have fallen.

It seems like a little bit of a tough sell.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Yeah, it will run all the same games as the Series X.

I think the design is pretty cool - it's tiny! And the price is great. But I really wonder how they're going to persuade Xbox One owners to upgrade to this. There don't seem to be a whole lot of immediate advantages to buying one of these if you already own a Bone.

Once we start to see games that are no longer compatible with Bone, then it will make more sense. But by that point, the price of the Series X will likely have fallen.

It seems like a little bit of a tough sell.
                        It's much more powerful than the One X though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                          It's much more powerful than the One X though.
                          The Series S supposedly sits at 4 TF compared to One X at 6 TF and Series X at 12TF - it's not just a discless Series X in the same way the cut down DE PS5 is to the premium PS5.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            £249.99!!!

Blimey
                            Is it going to be £249 here or £299? £299 i would imagine?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              The Series S supposedly sits at 4 TF compared to One X at 6 TF and Series X at 12TF - it's not just a discless Series X in the same way the cut down DE PS5 is to the premium PS5.
                              I know that, but everything else will (supposedly) demolish the X. The reason it can go lower on TF is because it will be limited to 1440p

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Is it going to be £249 here or £299? £299 i would imagine?
                                £249, it’s been made official.

Also video as well which hasn’t been officially released yet.

Which confirms 512gb SSD.

Comment

Working...
                                X