Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Especially as it's going to undeniably be the best for multi-plats. Their low-latency input USP also makes it a no-brainer for the likes of Fortnite, and anything else remotely competitive.

The fact that the only performance differentiation between the XsS and a PS5 is a tiny bit of resolution for a potential €200 saving is a big deal. Especially for younger ones or people on a COVID budget (like myself). This could be Xbox's way back in.

The only thing I'm missing out on are Sony's cinematic experiences, which are absolutely not for me in the slightest. Could be doing with Spiderman for the boy, perhaps. Then there's always one or two exclusives like Bloodborne or GoT. :/ For me, one or two exclusives cannot justify a console coming in any higher than €300. I'd rather just buy the game and borrow a console, which is exactly what I did for Bloodborne.
    Last edited by dataDave; 09-09-2020, 09:55.

Comment

I wouldnt jump in on it just yet. Not without some more information. At that price there has to be some other considerations then the SSD size.

Comment

Will it be the best for multiplats? Surely a Series X or a PS5 would be better?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Will it be the best for multiplats? Surely a Series X or a PS5 would be better?
          It's purely speculation, however games will run the same as they do on the Series X (the best for multi-plats), only at 1440p. Maybe even slightly better as there should be more overhead.

The resolution is the only corner being cut.

Comment

I think your GROSSLY underestimating the pulling power of exclusives Dave for PS5. People buy PS for Sony games (and multi formats), they buy Nintendo for same.

Only thing MS are going to here is eat into their own SeriesX sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              I wouldnt jump in on it just yet. Not without some more information. At that price there has to be some other considerations then the SSD size.
              But again, Mam Doris buying a console for Dougal at Christmas doesn't care about the size of the SSD or even know what an SSD is, so long as Dougal can play Fortnite when he opens it on Santa day, FIFA 2021 that he gets on his brithday and the age inappropriate CoD the following Christmas.

512GB is plenty of space for the cashstrapped Doris and their casual focused Xbox Series S.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                But again, Mam Doris buying a console for Dougal at Christmas doesn't care about the size of the SSD or even know what an SSD is, so long as Dougal can play Fortnite when he opens it on Santa day, FIFA 2021 that he gets on his brithday and the age inappropriate CoD the following Christmas.

512GB is plenty of space for the cashstrapped Doris and their casual focused Xbox Series S.
                100%. I'm just saying I wouldn't jump in yet. It might only allow 1 controller connected or some BS we don't know yet.

Comment

I have real doubts whether Doris will ever know what an Xbox Series S is. At this point, their lack of strong market presence coupled with too many models that have very unclear names is going to be a real barrier for the Dori of this world who will likely come home with a PS5 or Switch first.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    I think your GROSSLY underestimating the pulling power of exclusives Dave for PS5. People buy PS for Sony games (and multi formats), they buy Nintendo for same.

Only thing MS are going to here is eat into their own SeriesX sales.
                    Yeah man, however the most played games (by absolutely miles) are Fortnite and Minecraft.

I think if MS get back on an even footing with Sony (and Nintendo) in terms hardware units sold they will be more than happy. Especially if they're racking up GP subs in the process. As for the Series S eating up the Series X sales I don't think they will worry too much. I can't see them making much more of a profit on selling a 1TB SSD, a disc drive, and a dual GPU.

Comment

Doris is using the spare cash from Heinz to Tesco own brand beans and bread, next door to GAME who are happy to sell the All Access Monthly package at only 66 pence a day for which they get a kickback from the credit company. Doris doesn't need to know brands, the nice man at GAME is helpful enough to point her in the right direction.

Comment

I'm sure Dougal would want the best versions of those games, forfeiting a small piece of resolution, plus an extra €150-€200 for other pressies.

Comment

He might want it - but unless his paper round money has increased substantially, he's not going to get it. There's a whopping difference between £20 a month and £600 up front.

Dougal gets what Doris can afford.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 09-09-2020, 10:22.

Comment

I feel like we just need to get Doris and Dougal into a room and hammer this all out.

But really, I don't think MS are selling to Doris and my reasoning is that their marketing department would be giving these things catchier, understandable names.

Comment

Theres a hell of a lot of people playing Fortnight on their phones, they really could give a hoot about the latest consoles if thats the case, they play it because its free to download and already on the device they have. People like that could give two craps about, or even know what a framerate is.

SeriesX/S PS5 isn’t going to sway those people whatsoever at any price.

Comment

He might want it - but unless his paper round money has increased substantially, he's not going to get it. There's a whopping difference between £20 a month and £600 up front.
                                I was talking about the Series S. It's still going to house the best version of multi-plats, discounting a small piece of resolution. Massive savings on this variant.

Comment

Working...
                                X