Clear All

Originally posted by superturd1 View Post
    I am unsure which of the new Xboxes to get

I have a lot of physical games, but dont have a 4K TV

any thoughts?
    PS5 😁

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      The S doesn’t have the sheet grunt or RAM to maintain a 4K resolution game with graphical parity to the X / PS5 version. With the smart delivery system the S console won’t even install the higher resolution textures of the X version.

I do feel MS are being a bit silly pushing the 1440p number. This is clearly a console aimed at 1080p full HD TVs and monitors. Ok it has enough headroom to run games at 1440p but how many people game on such monitors? I suppose the marketing peeps just like bigger numbers.
      Yeah it has less memory bandwidth and slower clocks etc... It's the same architecture but designed to hit only 1440p, it's not the same machine inside with a restrictor on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        The like for like comparison videos are going to be interesting.
        Yes definitely. I mean I can tell the difference between 4K on my TV right now versus 1440p/1080p upscaled but then it also depends on how good that upscaling actually is.

So digital foundry will surely be all over it to give us the deets. I'm sure of you have a 4K TV though the really you should look at the Series X unless your budget doesn't stretch that far.

Everyone is gawking at the £249 price for the Series S but seriously £449 for the Series X is an absolute bargain as well given the spec sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          PS5 😁
          Already on it

Comment

The Series X Box:

Comment

^^^ I like that ^^^

Comment

I can't wait to fire up this W.O.P.R. of a powerhouse and play Hexic!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I can't wait to fire up this W.O.P.R. of a powerhouse and play Hexic!
                  Mate it's all about Marble Blast...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    The Series X Box:

I really like that. Very similar to the project Scorpio box for the One X

Comment

It's OK. I guess it focuses on the only aspect of the SeriesX that has any kind of flare or design.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        It's OK. I guess it focuses on the only aspect of the SeriesX that has any kind of flare or design.
                        If Sony follow that philosophy, the packaging for the PlayStation 5 should open like a pistachio.

Comment

Nice box. I like that glowing grill. Shame the S didn't get some kind of under glow.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            Let us know if it works.
                            I've just tried Outrun 2 and Coast 2 Coast on the One X ... they're not compatible.

Comment

One thing that needs to be cleared up is how the backwards compatibility works with xbox one titles, from my understanding it’s using the xbox one s base version of the game and then boosting the framerate and resolution if they were unlocked/uncapped in that base version. Games that were ‘x enhanced’ are not supported so games that ran at 4K on the Xbox one x could theoretically end up performing worse on the Series S. Hopefully digital foundry do a full comparison before these machines launch
                              Last edited by Ghost; 10-09-2020, 23:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                                One thing that needs to be cleared up is how the backwards compatibility works with xbox one titles, from my understanding it’s using the xbox one s base version of the game and then boosting the framerate and resolution if they were unlocked/uncapped in that base version. Games that were ‘x enhanced’ are not supported so games that ran at 4K on the Xbox one x could theoretically end up performing worse on the Series S. Hopefully digital foundry do a full comparison before these machines launch
                                You mean on the Series S yeah? I mean if something was already enhanced for the One X that means it's outputting 4K resolution so naturally the Series S isn't going to do that the same way.

The Series X though should take the X enhanced versions and potentially improve frame rates key easily and if they dynamically scale the resolution in performance modes it'll most likely keep it 4K native throughout.

The Series S though I guess it's going to upscale from One S but maybe it can make use of the textures etc. you need on One X to make it look better?

At the moment we just don't know, only that both are fully compatible with previous titles. I really hope digital foundry get some time with both consoles before launch to answer those sorts of questions...

Comment

Working...
                                X