Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the subject of launch day titles when is NFS hot pursuit remastered out? And more importantly with EA play being in game pass now does that mean we get the discount on purchases that they used to have in that service?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Honestly, it's really not worth your time watching - there's nothing new here and the format comes across as massively rehersed given it's Microsoft staff interviewing each other.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Honestly, it's really not worth your time watching - there's nothing new here and the format comes across as massively rehersed given it's Microsoft staff interviewing each other.
        That’s a press briefing not really aimed at wowing the average punter.

Comment

Can't imagine it wowing anybody.

Comment

They absolutely have to do a HDR/ray-traced update for Perfect Dark. I've been on it a lot today, and like Quake 2 RTX and Minecraft, I think the minimalist geometry would push the effect really far.

There are some parts which would look astonishing with dynamic lighting.

Comment

Playstation 5 - 23.5m views in 5 days
              Series S - 3.6m views in 5 days

We finally have a parity comparison of figures. On the flipside the Series S figures represent 25% of the views accomplished by Series X in 6 months so in terms of Xbox social engagement it's been a hit, doesn't do much to sway the suspicion the systems reveal spoke mostly to the smaller pre-existing Xbox base rather than others.

Comment

Thankfully, IGN have cleared up all confusion about the different models...

Comment

LOL

I understand that post, but only because I'm a hopeless nerd. It's a ludicrous sentence.

Comment

I think I might be beginning to figure this out and why the naming is a problem. The move from 360 to One to Series, as utterly nonsensical as those names are, had me thinking that these are the core in each generation. The S and the X being two spec variations of the One and then the Series, hence the S and the X coming after the core generation name. Right...?

But instead what might have happened, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that in the One generation, it split into essentially two separate streams: the S and the X. The Series S being a sequel to the One S and the Series X being a sequel to the One X. So for the Series generation, there isn't a single core with two variations - it's two separate model streams. Is that right? If it is, the names are a disaster. I mean, the names are a disaster anyway but have I got this right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Thankfully, IGN have cleared up all confusion about the different models...

Thank god they made that nice and clear 🤣

Comment

**** sakes.

Comment

Good to know those 12TFs can't run a oneX enhanced game from a generation ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Good to know those 12TFs can't run a oneX enhanced game from a generation ago.
                            4floppies on the SeriesS.

All totally different floppies from one OneS, OneX, SeriesX, One.

You see?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              4floppies on the SeriesS.
                              Good to know those 4TF (that are more powerful then the 6TF in the oneX) can't run a oneX enhanced game from a generation ago.
                              ...think that's right...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                I think I might be beginning to figure this out and why the naming is a problem. The move from 360 to One to Series, as utterly nonsensical as those names are, had me thinking that these are the core in each generation. The S and the X being two spec variations of the One and then the Series, hence the S and the X coming after the core generation name. Right...?

But instead what might have happened, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that in the One generation, it split into essentially two separate streams: the S and the X. The Series S being a sequel to the One S and the Series X being a sequel to the One X. So for the Series generation, there isn't a single core with two variations - it's two separate model streams. Is that right? If it is, the names are a disaster. I mean, the names are a disaster anyway but have I got this right?
                                Yeah, pretty much. The Series S and X are variations of the same thing. They run all the same games, but the X is a bit more powerful and has a disc drive. The S is a bit less powerful and can't read discs, it's download-only.

Comment

Working...
                                X