X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Of course not. The wiiu game pad screen was
    Only 480p wasn’t it? 720p is better than 480p you silly billy.
    The screen was, but the console itself was outputting HD. Eich Dee!

Comment

It's okay anyway, if anyone is in any concerned about ensuring the best performance they shouldn't be considering a Series S in the first place
      Bazinga!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        It's okay anyway, if anyone is in any concerned about ensuring the best performance they shouldn't be considering a Series S in the first place
        Bazinga!
        It's the other way around, actually. The S has 25% workload with 33% of the resources, roughly.

Let's not mistake resolution for performance.

Comment

I know that's the theory being leant on but it never, ever works out that way and I'm massively more inclined to believe the dev comments that indicate as such. Scaling back resolution claws back performance but not to the same level in every game and never as a cure all. As the gen progresses the PS5 and XSX will be pushed by games that simply won't scale well onto Series S thanks to its fixed specs and also that it just won't be a priority for optimisation for most devs with its RAM near certainly going to be the first tripping point.

It's 100% better than a One X on paper, but it's a moot point anyway because as we know there aren't any next-gen games on the 18 month horizon to test either system out anyway.

Comment

The RAM will be fine unless it tries to output textures for native 4K, which it can't.

I personally think the Series S will massively outperform the Series X when it comes to sales, so it'll be fun to see where developer priorities are focused if that turns out to be the case. Potentially they can target the S at a system level and then simply boost the resolution for X. Just like a PC. No dramas.

Comment

As this gen goes on the texture requirements, effects etc are only going to rise sharply because the baseline has shifted and Series S exists behind that line (let alone if Pro models rock up). I can easily imagine many Series S owners will see that saving lost in 2-3yrs jumping to a more in line S2, especially as I'm doubtful many devs outside of MS will be using either Xbox as their target base.

Comment

Of course not. The wiiu game pad screen was
                Only 480p wasn’t it? 720p is better than 480p you silly billy.
                Hence why I said the Wii U and not the GamePad

You silly billy

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Hence why I said the Wii U and not the GamePad

You silly billy
                  The Switch lite is a handheld only device. How can it possibly be compared to a non portable home console?

Comment

The Switch lite is a handheld only device. How can it possibly be compared to a non portable home console?
                    Its shares the same tech as the Switch , the only difference is the screen res. Go and figure...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Its shares the same tech as the Switch , the only difference is the screen res. Go and figure...
                      It’s like trying to educate pork.

Comment

It’s like trying to educate pork.
                        Yes of course, when one can argue with facts , let throw the insults ....And you're meant to be a MOD, what a joke

Comment

I liked the silly billy bits.

Comment

Your brain just works differently to mine. Your responses don’t make any sense to me. It’s like the chewbacca defence.

Ok here goes. If the series S was a handheld device then that would be amazing. No one would expect one x levels of performance, we would just be amazed to have an Xbox in the palm of your hand. I’m trying to go along with your switch lite analogy here. But it isn’t. It’s marketed as a next gen console but there’s a previous gen one that’s better. It’s like if the switch only did 480p on the tv. Everyone would be thinking but the wiiu did 720p. Why is the next Nintendo machine worse?

Comment

Dirt 5 running on Series S

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                Dirt 5 running on Series S

I mean its nice to see a PS2 game running at “120fps”, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X