Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fooling us with CGI people is very difficult. The closer you get to making a realistic looking person the more even little flaws stand out and break the illusion. Man made objects are much easier to fake. And there’s the question of budget. How much would it cost to generate all the required textures and assets to make a really realistic load of scenery the player will barely look at? At least ray tracing will offer better lighting without the costs of artists pre-baking it all saving a lot of time and money.

Comment

I think ray tracing, used sparingly for effect is the key here. I don't really want to see it on everything like it's the new toy in the box but I think used right especially in slower games where you're inclined to stop and take attention... There it could be the next step in realism.

I just don't want developers throwing it at everything just to say their game has it. At least in this video they're clearly aiming for 120fps for those machines that could achieve it because they see the perceived benefit to those gamers who might have the TV to actually use it...

The great news is this is a bloody launch title. Where we go from here is anyone's guess....

Comment

Things just got interesting.

Comment

Microsoft just bought iD, Bethesda, etc.

That's pretty big.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Microsoft just bought iD, Bethesda, etc.

That's pretty big.
            Will be interesting to see if future Doom / Elder Scrolls / Wolfenstein games will hit Sony / Nintendo formats.

Some will say no but Minecraft is an example of it happening.

Comment

That's pretty big news. Bethesdas quality has gone down the toilet lately so let's hope Xbox can turn then round.

Comment

I was thinking the very same thing. I instantly wondered if the recent Doom will be axed for Switch but thought of Minecraft. It could be a question of which is worth more - selling those games on other systems or using them as exclusives to boost the XBox? For many of them, I'm guessing they'll be used to boost the XBox. Doom is such an ever-present game, it would be weird to think of it as an XBox exclusive.

Comment

It would be really daft for MS to allow the big hitters to land on PS5 to be honest. Xbox lacks the ip leverage to match Sony and this purchase pretty much shifts that needle massively back at Xbox's direction unless MS squander it. The idea that Elder Scrolls VI might never be on Playstation is huge... that being said MS would do wise to make efficiency a priority on that stuff. Owning that game is great but less so if Bethesda continues to only put one out every other generation. This might be a shot in the arm of the survivability of the Dishonored franchise though.

Comment

Have there been any PS5 exclusives or timed exclusives announced from anyone under this umbrella? Some deals might just be done and MS would have to follow through regardless of buyout, I would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Have there been any PS5 exclusives or timed exclusives announced from anyone under this umbrella? Some deals might just be done and MS would have to follow through regardless of buyout, I would have thought.
                      Deathloop.

Comment

Wow that is some play from MS. Trying to get my head around it but the ball is majorly in their court with regards to Doom, Elder Scrolls etc. They could make them exclussive on Xbox/PC but they could also sell them at some point after a period of serveral months on PS5 and even by doing they would make a ton of money off the back off PS5. Fair play to them, its a massive move.

First thing i would do is get rid of that morron, Todd Howard, would love to see him get is marching orders.

Comment

Actually, and Ghostwire Tokyo as Tango are owned by ZeniMax too.

Comment

Elder Scrolls is a big one. Again, that said, Bethesda is almost guaranteed to **** that game into oblivion. If this was the Bethesda of 10 years ago it would be a really big deal.

Comment

Given how they handled the previous acquisitions I'd wager that Deathloops timed exclusivity on PS5 is safe. MS has never gone about tearing up agreements that way and always seemed happy to let things naturally run their course. I can only imagine the panic ES and Fallout console fans will be having, curious if Sony reacts to this or not.

Comment

Its really intersting to see MS opening up the cheque book and buying up all these companies. MS have such deep pockets it makes sense, it will be really interesting to see how Sony responds, do they have the financial clout to do something similar?

Comment

Working...
                                X