Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Halo is they're big budget FPS service game that they have said will have content for years to come... And they've bought a group that developed Doom (a FPS), Wolfenstein (a FPS), Rage (a FPS) and Dishonered (a FPS). All of which will be in direct competition to they're big hitter if they ask them to develop more of them.

Comment

I'm more excited by the thought of a new Prey or Dishonored than anything else.

Comment

I’ll try GAME for All Access tomorrow for a Series X. Makes sense with that monthly payment. Have a **** load off digital games over the years so looking forward to that Series X treatment

Comment

I could see Dishonored, Wolfenstein and Doom living on. Prey and Rage I think will still be done and dusted.

If MS decides to actually do case by case titles then possibly Doom could end up multiplatform, I do think this is it on PS for Elder Scrolls though. Otherwise it just feeds the idea that MS should become a publisher/streaming service. That or 1 year Xbox exclusivity.
          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 21-09-2020, 17:24.

Comment

I wonder when we can expect to see Doom Eternal on Gamepass, hopefully wont be long.

Comment

I blame the PS3. I had skyrim on the 360 and PS3 and I can tell you, only one of those consoles didn't run it like dog****

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                I wonder when we can expect to see Doom Eternal on Gamepass, hopefully wont be long.
                November .. guaranteed. Doom 2016 has been on it already ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  I'm not convinced Starfield exists beyond some concept art. We've seen nothing of it.
                  Elder scrolls is a big hit to Sony if it goes exclusive.
                  Ultimately though this accusation should have happened a couple of years ago so Xbox have something to show. As it stands most games will be years away, at which point Sony will have taken the lead again. Then Bethesda/MS have to decide if the game they've been developing for years and thrown money at is worth putting out exclusively on a console that's behind in the market.
                  Sony ahead in what though? Console sales? We already know Sony will hold their market share in the console market.

I think what this establishes for MS is some core tech and great franchises that exist on console and PC.

To MS the term Xbox exclusivity now means console, cloud and PC through game pass. So basically they've bolstered the amount of content in the service from past releases overnight and we now look to the big hitters like ES6 and wonder whether not if they'll be Xbox only but more whether this now excludes PS5.

I'd say yes, either permanently or timed delay by up to a year. Mostly likely timed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Also, Halo is they're big budget FPS service game that they have said will have content for years to come... And they've bought a group that developed Doom (a FPS), Wolfenstein (a FPS), Rage (a FPS) and Dishonered (a FPS). All of which will be in direct competition to they're big hitter if they ask them to develop more of them.
                    I think all they need to do here is control the release schedule. So they have access to several FPS titles, they can simply stagger them. Same as the way the alternate Forza and Forza Horizon... Same as Sony wouldn't release Uncharted and Last of Us in close procession.

I also think they're distinct enough from Halo with their own fanbase to be a non issue.

Comment

I think I've decided on a Series X for some point next year. Maybe around the time that the Cyberpunk patch hits if, God forbid, I don't have a GPU by then...

That way I get 4K Perfect Dark, and 4K everything else without having to unplug my PC every time.

Comment

I'll be deffo picking up an S next year. Game Pass will be a treat.

Comment

Maybe this is where the rumours of a third person Perfect Dark game originated from...

Perfectly WET

Comment

Makes the 375 million dollars for Rare in 2002 seem small change...that is a lot of money Will they really see a ROI?

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
                              Makes the 375 million dollars for Rare in 2002 seem small change...that is a lot of money Will they really see a ROI?
                              Definitely a lot of money, definitely a lot to recoup... But I think they'll easily do that when you consider the back catalogue and upcoming titles (the ones we know about) that are part of that deal.

I mean Skyrim is on bloody everything at this stage and lots of people have double dipped and more importantly are still playing it.

Doom is bigger than it has been for a long time.

Fallout... Well we have all the studios under one roof now to make a sequel to New Vegas (if they wanted to).

There's a huge amount of revenue to be made from those franchises on PC let alone Xbox.

Comment

I imagine New Vegas 2 still won't happen. The bad blood Bethesda created on that will probably always be an issue and I can't imagine MS will push it on either. Of the different open RPG's we'll probably see The Outer Worlds 2 first.

Comment

Working...
                                X