X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    £460 in credit, NICE ��
    Yep saved through MS rewards, some credit I earned through works valued rewards scheme (get amazon vouchers which I swap for Xbox credit) and I bought a few £50 gift cards off CDKeys when they were down to £40.99.

Every little helps!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Eventually managed to order a Series X and S via the Microsoft store. Websites are struggling it seems. I was number 57000+ in the Currys queue!
      I just managed to pre-order with Currys after sitting in queue for ages, though the buggers take £5 deposit. I have 3 ordered so all being well one of my orders will come good for release day.

Comment

Has this been any smoother then getting a PS5? Sounds about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Has this been any smoother then getting a PS5? Sounds about the same.
          I found it a struggle at first as all websites were crumbling, PS5 was easier to secure, probably due going live all of a sudden at like 11pm. Though Xbox was much fairer process, no shops jumped the gun etc. But i was patient and managed to (hopefully) sort one out.

Comment

I wanted to get a series x on all access but have failed. I queued on Game’s website for about 3/4 hour before being ejected to the back of the line. Smyths is Saying none available but I feel like it was never there in the first place!

Can’t really afford to stump up the full amount in November so this is the perfect solution for me as I don’t already have gamepass. Guess I’ll have to wait.
            Last edited by Gradius; 22-09-2020, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              Yeah I know they're aiming for different things but I'm just saying FH has come a long way from being very restrictive on the 360 in the first outings to now being truly open world and a beautiful game to boot. It also has more destruction than FM but manages to eek out a solid 60fps in performance mode on the One X... it'll surely be 120fps on the Series X in November.

Yeah, I totally agree with what you're saying. I was just thinking about how something like FH is very different to a track racing sim. It made me think that FH5 will probably look a lot nicer than any next gen sim.

But I am hoping that next gen sims surprise me with a nice improvement in detail quality and environmental effects. That's far more important to me than resolution. It would be sad if devs just focus on sharpness/clarity over making the game world look more convincing.

I'm really hoping that Forza Motorsport 8 blows me away. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I saw a link via eurogamer in the end as searching amazon didn't bring up anything but xbox ones!

I ordered an S. Of course I should pay extra and get an X but as a machine to play last gen titles it'll perform brilliantly I hope!

Comment

Rumors doing the rounds that stock is super limited, game stores got 1 or 2 unit a store in the uk, same for Smyths, it really dose seems like a ploy to create artificial scarcity and grab the sold out headlines. or maybe its just scalpers and bots buying up all the stock.

Comment

Series X seems to be drifting in and out of stock on Amazon for anyone looking for one. Worth doing some F5-fu maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      Rumors doing the rounds that stock is super limited, game stores got 1 or 2 unit a store in the uk, same for Smyths, it really dose seems like a ploy to create artificial scarcity and grab the sold out headlines. or maybe its just scalpers and bots buying up all the stock.
                      Checking eBay I would say there are definitely bots doing the rounds...

Comment

I pre-ordered a Series S for one of my boys 10 mins ago and the Series X was available then too (Amazon).

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                          I wanted to get a series x on all access but have failed. I queued on Game’s website for about 3/4 hour before being ejected to the back of the line. Smyths is Saying none available but I feel like it was never there in the first place!

Can’t really afford to stump up the full amount in November so this is the perfect solution for me as I don’t already have gamepass. Guess I’ll have to wait.
                          Same here GAME’s website is down but my Shopto preorder came through this morning but like you’ve stated, I didn’t really want to pay £449 upfront after the PS5. Will probably have to start selling stuff now to foot the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                            Same here GAME’s website is down but my Shopto preorder came through this morning but like you’ve stated, I didn’t really want to pay £449 upfront after the PS5. Will probably have to start selling stuff now to foot the bill.
                            I have a one x already so I’ll make do with that until I can sort out a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                              I have a one x already so I’ll make do with that until I can sort out a deal.
                              I‘m selling my One X and PS4 Pro to fund the PS5. Would be easier for a lottery win

Comment

I realise Twitter is a poor indicator but, just going by my feed, it seems like the Zenimax buyout made a massive difference to the buzz around the Series preorders at least among the people I follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X