Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry missed the x86 part. You might be out of luck then because I think the app needs a recent version of Android (8+) but I can't remember how old the x86 builds are?

They haven't rolled out cloud streaming to the PC yet so that might be another option. They've recently upgraded the Xbox W10 app but even local streaming is still only accessible in the old companion app which they're deprecating soon.

Chances are they'll add cloud streaming to the W10 app and if so you could just use that OS on the pi and ditch Android.

Comment

Are they holding it back on larger screens to sell Xboxes?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        Sorry missed the x86 part. You might be out of luck then because I think the app needs a recent version of Android (8+) but I can't remember how old the x86 builds are?.
        Current builds are on Android 7.0

Edit - Nougat, I was looking at the wrong number. There may still be a work around, depends on what dependancies there are and if they can be sideloaded onto the OS for the app.

Android on Pi is a lot better than it used to be, the closed source components of the Pi have been gradually reducing over time, there aren't that many code blobs left in the official OS now, but that's getting a bit off topic.
        Last edited by MartyG; 30-09-2020, 09:21.

Comment

There's a few threads on Reddit about running xcloud on PC using Bliss OS or some other Android alternative. They mention turning native bridge on? I dunno there is probably a workaround but it might be ugly.

Comment

Not tried it myself, but seems like there is a simple workaround using an android emulator: https://www.bluestacks.com/blog/blue...xcloud-en.html

Comment

Great find. Most Reddit info was saying it didn't work in Bluestacks but maybe they fixed it in a recent release...

Comment

I can't get it to work on my gaming rig - it's not an emulator as it runs on Hyper V, so it's an Android Virtual Machine. It just crashes to desktop as soon as I try and launch it though. It also means you have Hyper V running as a service in the background and you'll need a CPU that supports virtualisation and have that feature turned on in the BIOS. That's probably why people are having problems with it.

I'll try it on a different machine later,

Comment

I tried it on my nuc PC. That has 16gb of ram but it's only a basic 4 core i5 and onboard graphics.

Look it works, I've installed Game Pass and the controller connects fine. But man the latency is terrible. I'm getting 20s ... Yes seconds, delay. So it's pointless.

One thing I did try last night which works fine is just connecting my tablet to my PC monitor via HDMI. I've got a Samsung Tab s5e and though it's locked to 720p I can cloud game on the monitor no worries with minimal latency.

Wish MS would up the resolution to 1080p...

I guess this means I could get rid of my One X now ahead of launch and still play game pass in the meantime. Never actually thought of that before...

Comment

Anyone with Xbox Series S/X order from shopto? If so, any sign of whether they will indicate if your order will be a day one or not?

Comment

I picked up a Firecuda 1tb external ssd drive ready for when my Series X arrives. With that and an added expansion card, I should be good for a while

Comment

Originally posted by gware View Post
                        I picked up a Firecuda 1tb external ssd drive ready for when my Series X arrives. With that and an added expansion card, I should be good for a while
                        Yeah I am mulling over an expansion card as I'll have a Series X in the lounge and a Series S in the study. It seems like a useful means to copy across and have that speed on hand from the external drive.

I'm just waiting till I've got a bit more saved up in MS rewards to be able to reduce the cost a little bit. I've got £10 saved now but just scored a £25 voucher from work...

There's also a current reward running for October on Xbox where you can gain 10,000 points based on how many achievements you can complete. I've already rinsed two easy games for 2000...

If I can get the cost of the 1tb expansion card down to say £170 I'll probably pick one up

Comment

Keeping my eye on this one. Can't tell yet if it'll be good or not...

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            Anyone with Xbox Series S/X order from shopto? If so, any sign of whether they will indicate if your order will be a day one or not?
                            Mine was confirmed via email from Shopto at 18:00 today. Can't wait

Comment

I do wonder if day one allocation is due to less demand for the series x than the PS5. Or is it just Microsoft or are more organised company .

Comment

Working...
                              X