Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently if you want to run Yakuza: Like a Dragon at 60FPS on Series S, the resolution has to be 900p.

Comment

That has to be something to do with poor optimisation, otherwise it's a damning reflection of the Series S and I'm more inclined to think the fault is at Sega's end.

Comment

I'm sure the seriesS is capable of more.
        The one thing I'm thinking is WHY it hasn't been optimised? Because whatever that reason is, other developers could have the same reason not to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          That has to be something to do with poor optimisation, otherwise it's a damning reflection of the Series S and I'm more inclined to think the fault is at Sega's end.
          Just about as damning for the Series X as they're saying it tops out at 1440p/60fps (which is what you'd expect from the S).

So, 900p/60fps sounds about right for the S. Relatively.

Comment

If people are expecting every game to run at 40K60 PS5 and XBSX, there are going to be a lot of disappointed owners.

This runs at 1080P30 with drops on PS4 Pro, it won't be running at 4K60 on PS5 either.

Join the PC Master Race.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              If people are expecting every game to run at 40K60 PS5 and XBSX, there are going to be a lot of disappointed owners.

This runs at 1080P30 with drops on PS4 Pro, it won't be running at 4K60 on PS5 either.

Join the PC Master Race.
              This. Extra frames will be a nice bonus for current gen on PS5/SeriesX but were not getting 60fps @ 4k on everything suddenly, not guna happen.

Comment

To argue a bit it doesn't look like much of a leap over the last Yakuza game I played. From watching the videos it could probably be doing 4K/120fps.

Comment

So are we saying we'll never get a constant 60fps on higher resolutions? I guess what we are talking about here is the consoles of the future always have to weigh up cost and portability versus having the (almost) latest tech on display.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    This. Extra frames will be a nice bonus for current gen on PS5/SeriesX but were not getting 60fps @ 4k on everything suddenly, not guna happen.
                    Yeah exactly the DF analysis/preview said normal mode was fine in this and to be fair even at 1440p/60 it looks nice. I personally don't expect every game to hit 4K60 but I do want video mode options that prioritise either frame-rate or resolution and the consumer can take their pick. This game has it, so kudos to them...

It all comes down to time/budget and resources. You look at stuff like Assassins Creed coming now with 4K60 but the budget on that thing is astronomical in comparison... can't have it all.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      To argue a bit it doesn't look like much of a leap over the last Yakuza game I played. From watching the videos it could probably be doing 4K/120fps.
                      If that last Yakuza game was Yakuza Kiwami 2, it was running on the same engine.

Comment

The Series S won't be a bottleneck for the higher spec console versions will it?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          The Series S won't be a bottleneck for the higher spec console versions will it?
                          I'm going to say no but caveat that it depends on how much effort the developer can and will put in to target the hardware levels. In this example this is pretty much a straight port with some minimal optimisation to get it out for launch.

Comment

I'd be more concerned with 1st party games. Halo Infinite has to run on the SeriesS. If it can't handle large draw distances or effects in the same way the seriesX does, they'll have to lower the game to fit the seriesS.

Comment

To be fair though, Halo Infinite also has to run on the Xbox they released back in 2013. So if anything's going to be the bottleneck, it'll be that. Much like Sony with Horizon 2 and the OG PS4.

Comment

Surely the devs can throw in some logic in these games like IF running on Series X use these assets ELSE use 2D sprites?

Seriously though.

Comment

Working...
                                X