Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] excellent posts. Thank you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Wow [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] excellent posts. Thank you for that.
      No problem! I enjoyed it and it’s helping me with my storage decisions.

Speaking of which, I just found out something really cool: Normally I’d press the A button on a game tile to download it from my library or game pass but if I press the start button(三), it lets me choose the install location(all three show up). That’s great, and it’s separate from the ‘default install location’ setting.

Comment

Remember when new console launches were all about the games and not loading speeds and frame rates......

Comment

It’s a good job I’ve been playing games whilst being impress by faster loading and shiny graphix.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            Remember when new console launches were all about the games and not loading speeds and frame rates......
            Console launches were never all about the games. They've always involved kids in playgrounds(or adults on forums) arguing about blast processing, SNES's sprite rotation prowess, whether Saturn's dual processors meant it was actually 64-bit or not(it wasn't), N64's instant loading, GameCube's 'paltry' 24MB RAM but fast caches and hardware light sources, PS2 forcing devs to git gud, the EMOTION ENGINE, Xbox's Pentium III, 64MB RAM and hard drive, Xbox 360 only managing 1080i, PS3 doing 1080p, Kinect not recognising black dudes. Terms like gauraud shading, bump-mapping, textured polygons-per-second... All nonsense that people threw at each other while pondering whether to buy both launch titles, or just one and then spend the leftover money on an extra controller.

Personally, I'm absolutely loving all the extraneous stuff the Xbox is letting me do. It just adds to the overall experience - an experience which has included YouTube and Netflix apps for two generations.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Reports of smoking Series X's going around but so far the suspicion (and based on the vids) is that they're fake
              Of course it's fake. Typical trolling BS. As if Microsoft would release a smoking console. It would kill them before they'd even started.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                Console launches were never all about the games. They've always involved kids in playgrounds(or adults on forums) arguing about blast processing, SNES's sprite rotation prowess, whether Saturn's dual processors meant it was actually 64-bit or not(it wasn't), N64's instant loading, GameCube's 'paltry' 24MB RAM but fast caches and hardware light sources, PS2 forcing devs to git gud, the EMOTION ENGINE, Xbox's Pentium III, 64MB RAM and hard drive, Xbox 360 only managing 1080i, PS3 doing 1080p, Kinect not recognising black dudes. Terms like gauraud shading, bump-mapping, textured polygons-per-second... All nonsense that people threw at each other while pondering whether to buy both launch titles, or just one and then spend the leftover money on an extra controller.

Personally, I'm absolutely loving all the extraneous stuff the Xbox is letting me do. It just adds to the overall experience - an experience which has included YouTube and Netflix apps for two generations.
                All that too, but off course it was about the games!

Who could forget launches like the ps2 with RRV and SFEX 3, the DC with VF 3TB, Blue stinger and Soul Calibur, the ps3 with RR7 and resistance and the original Xbox with Halo and DOA 3.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  Ok scrub this... They've removed this feature on the new console hardware. Unless I'm blind I cannot find it anywhere right now... Not a big issue but it's not there.
                  Ok... Turns out I was blind. The network transfer option is now under Games & Apps when you scroll down to Manage. You should be able to see your other consoles content and select to copy it local.
                  Last edited by nonny; 11-11-2020, 14:53.

Comment

Finally home after a hideous day!

Still got to get through a Zoom parents evening and kids bedtime before I can set my S up.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Reports of smoking Series X's going around but so far the suspicion (and based on the vids) is that they're fake
                      Obviously BS. Genuine gamers should be able to queue up like the scene from Airplane tooled up like feck and pummel these feckers. Seen similar ****e with the PS5.

Comment

Has the controller got special rumble? Playing tetris effect with HDR, headphones and the controller rumble is something else.

Only problem is that im really crap.

Comment

Ori in 120 FPS mode is something else

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Finally home after a hideous day!

Still got to get through a Zoom parents evening and kids bedtime before I can set my S up.
                            That was me yesterday mate, just get through it and enjoy the quiet...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              Ori in 120 FPS mode is something else
                              It was already bloody gorgeous before. I played it on One X which is what? 4K30? I heard they're taking a 6K render in this and downsampling? Or straight 4K120.

It's an amazing game regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                That was me yesterday mate, just get through it and enjoy the quiet...
                                Oh, FFS!! Baby just won't settle this evening and we've had to watch Bake Off.

Comment

Working...
                                X