Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the biggest thing is that everything they tested has ran at a solid 60fps. They even said they never found the cpu limit with any of them. This is not the case for the seriesX and some of the seriesX games where running at a lower resolution.
    Basically if its an unlocked framerate game it's running it at a solid 60.

Comment

PlayStation 5 review – Sony’s new console makes a splashy entrance
      "This enormous spaceship of a console comes with enough flagship features – from fast SSD and frame rate to 4K resolution – that you might overlook the hefty price tag"

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
        DF Stunned that it works because Sony said absolutely **** all about it.
        I’m glad to see it works well though, Ghosts and Days Gone going to 60fps solid. Will be interesting to see what games can be boosted from the entire PS4 library.
        This. Why haven't we heard anything about it for so bloody long? It's great to hear though and as it should be really. It sounds like it's hitting a stable 60 in some games because it's taking the checkerboard implementation of the PS4 Pro as a starting point to upscale, so not as much data as Series X taking the One X variant? If I'm reading it right... Digital foundry tends to make me go cross eyed.

Comment

I have a suspicion that Sony didn't make a huge hoo-hah about back cat because, at one point, they were all about "console generations" and pushing Miles Morales, Horizon 2 etc as true PS5 games. All about "looking forward" than what's come before.

Of course they then announced that the above games were cross-gen and people started worrying Sony were going to balls up massively.

I think, rather than needing to go out and talk about everything, Sony have been confident enough to remain quiet and let MS talk until the last minute.

Comment

Yep, PR moves likely. I've started seeing the bus adverts and they don't even state that it's A-A new console or B-Use the word Playstation at any point.

They're literally at the point where a photo of the unit and the number 5 is their marketing strategy

Comment

Just as a counter to the load speed thing I posted. This vid has has him skip from spiderman to Astrobot and both load crazy fast. The PS5 doesn't have quick resume either, so it's closing Spiderman and scrubbing the cache ready to load Astrobot in a flash.

Comment

I'm just glad God of War is getting 4K60 ... That'll be the first game I try on PS5 when I grab one next year

Comment

PS5 just sounds amazing, my excitement for next gen is going through the roof at the moment lol. As good as the Series X appears to be, especially when factoring Gamepass, something about it just doesnt feel completely brand spanking new, it kind of feels like another upgrade (all be it a very significant upgrade) from the One X. The UI is the same, the design is yet another black box and the controller is largely unchanged. Where as the PS5 it just seems completely new from the ground up, not just a spec overhaul. I personally love the deisgn of the PS5, the UI is new and the PS5 controller from all the impressions i have seen is a big evolution from Dual Shock 4. The launch line ups for both are not great but im really looking forward to Demon Souls, Spider Man Miles Moreles as i havent played the PS4 game and even Sackboy looks great fun, not to mention Astro Bot that comes installed.

I know its not long but god i wish it the PS5 was releaseing next Thursday, its going to be a bloody long week, especially watching all the people in the US etc playing and enjoying it. I guess it will be good having a week of first impressions etc

Comment

So Bloodborne will now run at nativ 60fps, can everyone shut up about it now?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Just as a counter to the load speed thing I posted. This vid has has him skip from spiderman to Astrobot and both load crazy fast. The PS5 doesn't have quick resume either, so it's closing Spiderman and scrubbing the cache ready to load Astrobot in a flash.

https://youtu.be/Zbs_IkkPhbg
                      That video clip contains bugsnax.

A one, a two, a one two three four...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        So Bloodborne will now run at nativ 60fps, can everyone shut up about it now?
                        Afraid not. Its locked at 30fps unless they patch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Afraid not. Its locked at 30fps unless they patch it.
                          Wasn't some guy saying he'd already patched it but was waiting for Sony to do it?

Comment

Now these I might aesthetically appreciate....

Comment

what are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                what are they?
                                A lot better looking than the PS5. Although oddly reminiscent of a pop up torch I used to own.

Comment

Working...
                                X