Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation 5's launch becomes the second biggest news for Sony of the year as fans get Warhawk's online mode running again

Comment

ABZU was a nice game. I enjoyed that one so hopefully this will be decent, certainly looks so from the trailer...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Playstation 5's launch becomes the second biggest news for Sony of the year as fans get Warhawk's online mode running again

Loved this for a while. I was mostly a ground soldier player. Actually, a tank man. Shame that the studio is now more. I really gave me that BF1942 fill.

Amazing it's up and running again. I may look into it.

Is Socom Confrontation still up? Loved that too.

Cough Socom cough PS5 cough please.

Socough.

Comment

Am I correct in thinking you can't pre-order the digital PS5 games yet - thinking the MM Ultimate version, Demons Souls etc. Have the credit in my account - earmarked for PS5 launch games - and would prefer it spent.

Comment

[MENTION=1129]TonyDA[/MENTION]

EU PSN Store PS5 Info & Pre-order
            Last edited by teddymeow; 02-10-2020, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              [MENTION=1129]TonyDA[/MENTION]

EU PSN Store PS5 Info & Pre-order
              Thank you - hadn’t seen that at all.

Comment

Pachter rears his head again saying Sony must be making a $40 loss on the digital PS5 so have 'blown it' with the rest of his chat seeming to be showing this isn't based on much concrete info.

Comment

They'll be making it back on the added software costs maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://gamingbolt.com/sony-blew-it-...ichael-pachter
                    Pachter rears his head again saying Sony must be making a $40 loss on the digital PS5 so have 'blown it' with the rest of his chat seeming to be showing this isn't based on much concrete info.
                    Whos this guys supposed to be? Actually don’t answer that, no one cares.

Comment

He always thinks he has something to say looking into his crystal ball... I tend to ignore it.

I think Sony are offsetting the cost of the digital by simply not having as many in stock as the full fat version. Plus as everyone says they'll secure better profit through the PSN store they control.

Same for MS and the Series S...

Comment

I'd be very suprised if the loss on the PS5 DE was only $40 tbh - there's no way that either MS or Sony are breaking even on any of the launch consoles - go and try building an equivalent spec PC.

Patcher is wrong so often I don't know why sites cover his blatherings any more.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          go and try building an equivalent spec PC.
                          You won't be able to, but companies buy components in bulk, which brings down the unit cost considerably. I'd wager a PS5 or XBX cost in the $700-900 range in components, maybe add 100 more if you factor in assembly.

Comment

Not to the point at which $449 isn't causing MS and Sony losses on the console.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                              You won't be able to, but companies buy components in bulk, which brings down the unit cost considerably. I'd wager a PS5 or XBX cost in the $700-900 range in components, maybe add 100 more if you factor in assembly.
                              The cost of 1tb of gen4 nvme ssd retail is currently more than the PS5 diskless. Wouldn’t get anywhere near PS5/SeriesX specs for under 1k building yourself, even a cheap build.

Comment

I don't think consoles have ever made a profit. Its all on accessories and games.
                                Even any game printed on a Bluray goes to the consortium that Sony is a part of.

Comment

Working...
                                X