Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if playing a PS4 game on the PS5 will output like a standard PS4 game or like a PS4 Pro game?

Just thinking the best way to enjoy Cyber Punk on release day...

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
      I wonder if playing a PS4 game on the PS5 will output like a standard PS4 game or like a PS4 Pro game?

Just thinking the best way to enjoy Cyber Punk on release day...

I suspect that if the game has a pro mode it'll run at Pro level. The website also said were possible they'll get frame rate increases too, probably for the games without framerate lock.

Comment

I would think games will run at the Pro level at the bare minimum, although that's just my speculation.

For Cyberpunk, CDPR have said it will run better than a Pro on PS5 from launch (but the patch to make it really take advantage of PS5 will be coming in the New Year).

If you're wondering whether to play Cyberpunk on your PS4 or PS5, from the info we have currently there's no contest I reckon.
        [MENTION=351]112[/MENTION]

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] & [MENTION=16707]Cassius_Smoke[/MENTION] thanks for the response chaps. That’s put my mind at ease... PS5 it is then for me, and most others I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I would think games will run at the Pro level at the bare minimum, although that's just my speculation.

For Cyberpunk, CDPR have said it will run better than a Pro on PS5 from launch (but the patch to make it really take advantage of PS5 will be coming in the New Year).

If you're wondering whether to play Cyberpunk on your PS4 or PS5, from the info we have currently there's no contest I reckon.
            [MENTION=351]112[/MENTION]
            I think this is all we can hope for to be honest with bc. Frame rate stability etc will be about it.

Comment

Yeah the website states:

Game boost
              Enjoy faster and smoother frame rates in select PS4 and PS VR games

Comment

Seems odd to say PSVR games might get a boost when they already generally have a high and stable frame rate necessary for VR.

Comment

Just bought the 3D Pulse headset from Very. They had an offer on spend £100 and get £50 put back into your account. Added a usb lead to make the 100

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    Seems odd to say PSVR games might get a boost when they already generally have a high and stable frame rate necessary for VR.
                    True, but if you've ever played RE7 and entered the first house main lobby, it's like someone switches your youtube video to 360p and you immediately notice it. I'm guessing it will iron out drops and make dynamic resolution modes a lot smoother.

Comment

In an expansion of the Metal Gear Solid: Remake rumour, word is that the PS5 and PC would also see remasters of Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and 4 as well.

Comment

There are still a lot of questions surrounding Spider-Man on PlayStation 5. The good news? We have answers. The bad news? Well, the answers themselves.

By purchasing Miles Morales on PlayStation 4, players will also gain access to the PlayStation 5 version free of charge, but that’s just for Miles.

From there, a $20 “paid upgrade” will bump standard versions of Miles Morales up to the Ultimate Edition, which gives them the PlayStation 5 upgrade of the PlayStation 4 Peter Parker game.
                        Time to hunt around for a cheap copy of the PS4 version. Good to see there's a way to get the first game via PSN as well. I can see myself grabbing that on sale at some point.

Comment

So don’t spend £60 on the PS5 version then? Gotcha.

Comment

I'm confused.
                            So the PS5 is backwards compatible with the ps4. Does that mean on the PS5 psn I will see Mile Morales PS4 & PS5 versions, one cheaper then the other and getting a free update to the PS5 version anyway? If not, what other ps4 games will not be available for download? Anything with a free upgrade?

Comment

PS4 version is £45 at ShopTo. I was trying to add a voucher code I found online to see if I could drop it further but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to add a voucher code? TBF the code may not work but it's a bit strange.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              I'm confused.
                              So the PS5 is backwards compatible with the ps4. Does that mean on the PS5 psn I will see Mile Morales PS4 & PS5 versions, one cheaper then the other and getting a free update to the PS5 version anyway? If not, what other ps4 games will not be available for download? Anything with a free upgrade?
                              I... think so?

Comment

As if it needed even more negative attention, Sony's PlayStation 5 might end up ruffling the feathers of a certain intersection of PS5 owners and…

Comment

Working...
                                X