How many DS's did you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many DS's did you buy?

It came up on the Sony thread that Nintendo sold 154m DS's. [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] mentioned he'd bought two, and it then occurred to me that I bought several as well, due to the refreshes.

So, question for everyone - how many DS's did you buy? This only includes the DS, Lite, i, XL/LL - it doesn't include the 3DS family.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    4-6
    0%
    7-9
    0%
    10-12
    0%
    >12
    0%

Just the one for me.

Comment

Yeah just the two for me. I had both a DSL and a DS XL at some point. Right now I have another DSL but its a handmedown from my mum.

Comment

Not including second hand, six.

Original
        Lite
        Lite in nicer colour.
        DSi
        DSi for wife
        DSi to replace wife's lost one.

I bought four PSPs.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
          Not including second hand, six.

Original
          Lite
          Lite in nicer colour.
          DSi
          DSi for wife
          DSi to replace wife's lost one.

I bought four PSPs.
          Admittedly, if you include second-hand, I bought loads of PSPs.

Comment

1 new 2ds
            1 second hand n3ds.

Judging buy some of you guys many purchases that explains how the 3ds family reached 154m.

Comment

I bought the wife a DS Lite, which actually got a fair bit of use before getting put in a cupboard for years.

I recently went to a retro videogame show and saw a DS running a Mega Drive emulator, so I dug ours out and put the emulator on and it's have a new lease of life because it's still such a lovely size and is so ergonomic.

I liked the idea of the bigger screen on the DSXL and the 3DS' clever screen, especially the New 3DS XL (or whatever), I never felt compelled to get one and now the Switch is more likely to be played on the road.

Comment

Lite - Dark Blue (dead pixels, sold to forum member)
                Lite - White (gift for my mum)
                3DS - Black (sold on eBay)
                n3DS XL - Dark Blue (CFW'd up to the tits. My 'forever' system)

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  n3DS XL - Dark Blue (CFW'd up to the tits. My 'forever' system)
                  That is a temptation, if I ever went that route.
                  The snazzy screen, the bigger size and all the emulation you'd possibly need whilst portable.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Judging buy some of you guys many purchases that explains how the 3ds family reached 154m.
                    That's the thing. DT's comment made me realise that I'd bought 3, but that's unusual. I know I said earlier I bought several PSPs but I don't generally buy multiples of a console; the DS and PSP are the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      That is a temptation, if I ever went that route.
                      The snazzy screen, the bigger size and all the emulation you'd possibly need whilst portable.
                      It's great. If ever I'm sent to jail that would be my one allowed possession.

64GB capacity, with just 500MB remaining for saves.

Comment

It's concerning that jail time is where your mind went first...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          It's concerning that jail time is where your mind went first...
                          Let's face it, it's easier to end up in jail than being stranded on a desert island!

Comment

Now that the question is being asked, I’m realising I have bought four. One original model, a Lite, a DSi and then another Lite much later. Plus another Lite for my kids. So 4 for me, 5 for the household.

Comment

I bought the original fat one from club Nintendo, then the lite and i pretty much stayed with a white DS lite for the majority of the DS,s life, Ive since picked up a Pokemon one, a Profesor layton one and a Red Dsi for next to nothing via facebook marketplace. all with a metric ton of pretty decent first party games.

Ive got a draw full of handhelds Gameboy's advances, SPs lites, Ds,s 3DS's 2DS's PSP originals, go's, streets, and god knows what else
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 16-09-2020, 08:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X