BPX051: Expensive Times for the Broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPX051: Expensive Times for the Broke

As requested by [MENTION=351]112[/MENTION] we're going to bring the subject back around again to intended purchases now that at long last the dates and prices and some of the software coming out for the rest of the year is known.

Very simple and you can vote for multiple options in the poll above:

What will you be buying within the remainder of 2020?
    Nintendo Switch
    0%
    Nintendo Switch Lite
    0%
    PlayStation 4
    0%
    PlayStation 4 Pro
    0%
    PlayStation 5
    0%
    PlayStation 5: Digital Edition
    0%
    Xbox One S: Digital Edition
    0%
    Xbox One S
    0%
    Xbox One X
    0%
    Xbox Series S
    0%
    Xbox Series X
    0%
    RTX 3070
    0%
    RTX 3080
    0%
    RTX 3090
    0%
    New PC
    0%
    Game & Watch 2020
    0%
    Other
    0%

It'll either be:

PS4 Miles Morales

Or...

PS5 Console
    Miles Morales
    Destruction All-Stars
    Sackboy
    Demon's Souls
    Pulse 3D Headset

The way I feel right now it'll be the former.

Comment

I want an RTX3080. I have the money ready for one. It's simply not possible to buy one because of the absolute shambles of a launch.

I'm sticking to it, though. Not going to let myself get turned in the direction of an Xbox to fill the gap.

Comment

I'm going for that PS5 with disc drive, Mile Morales and Game and Watch. I think it's my first time buying a console at launch, but after skipping out on most of last gen, I'm in the mood for it.

Comment

PS5, with Demon’s Souls and a year of PS+. I’m psyched about it. Just rewatched the DS trailer in 4K, looks terrific.

I would usually buy a second pad with any machine I buy, but I’m going to see if I can live with just one this time. I don’t need the headset or other accessories.

Comment

Not buying PS5 or Xbox Series anything for at least a year.

Will get:
            Pikmin 3
            Densha De Go
            Cyberpunk
            Ghost of Tsushima
            Add Creed Valhalla (assuming it's released this year, haven't checked)
            Sega Astro City mini (already ordered and paid for)
            F1 2019
            WRC 9 - might double dip if it gets a Switch release.

Any retro games I feel like picking up. Currently after Lynx and Saturn games mainly.

Comment

It’s going to be -

PS5, Disc Version
              Demon Souls
              Cyber Punk

That’s it, really... there is bound to be a plethora of cheaper PS4 games between now and the new year so will likely pick some others up, but in terms of upcoming releases, those above two games are it...

I do wonder who the big spenders will be on this forum...

Comment

Series X for the lounge
                Series S for the study

Maybe after Xmas I'll cash in any gifts I receive, sell my Xbox One X and get a digital PS5 though I also want to get Cyberpunk and I haven't figured out how to get all of this under the radar.

Comment

PS5 disk version.
                  Demons souls.
                  Spiderman or Sackboy adventures.

Was going to get a new 4k tv as well to go with the PS5 but that may have to be next year now.

Comment

Yeah man I want a new TV, looking at the Sony XH900 but I think TV prices are tumbling right now so figure just wait it out a bit longer.

Comment

Nothing - was trying to get an RTX3080, but along with PS5 and XBSX, I'll wait till later next year now.

Comment

Probably more Game Boy stuff honestly!

Got that snazzy Virtua Stick coming later in the year, and an Analogue Pocket next year but aside from that no other planned purchases.

Comment

Game and Watch (pre-ordered), probably Cyberpunk on release and perhaps Yakuza 7 from Santa, and that's me done for 2020. With regards the upcoming consoles: I'll sit out this transitional-gen period by playing new release stuff on PS4 for at least 18 months or so, I think, and look again when devs really start focusing on explicitly drawing out the potential of the PS5.
                          Last edited by Golgo; 18-09-2020, 07:53.

Comment

I've inherited a little bit of money, so I'm tempted to spend some on one of the new consoles, but they're not blowing my socks off, to be honest.

Souls looks amazing, but in reality, I haven't played DS 2 and 3 yet, so could play those for under a tenner each, rather than £520 for a PS5 and DS remake.

Everything else is coming out on PS4 and/or Xbox, so there's no real need to upgrade, for me.

I have, however, pre-ordered one of those Game & Watch thingies.
                            I should probably cancel it, but I really like the thought of the small form factor running Mario, which I've never really completed, just played in the arcade.

I've also ticked other because I may buy a replacement Xbox 360 as I have a handful of games that won't run on the One, like Import Tuner Challenge and Guitar Hero.

I also need to scratch an itch for something retro. It might be a Mini console or a handheld, but I'm constantly drawn to the ones with a screen in like the Sega Astro City Mini, Neo Geo MVSX, PowKiddy or do a Pi project, the latter I think will feel like an achievement.

So, it looks like I'm going backwards, not forwards!

Comment

Definitely going to get a Series X for myself and possibly a Series S for my nephew. But if games are going to be £70 a pop on the console storefronts I may reconsider that. I suppose going the All Access route would at least avoid upfront costs like that for some games.

Comment

Working...
                              X