X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    QC I love you but these are the most goddamn garish chairs I've ever seen
    Don't shoot the messenger!

It's not my fault gaming chair designers have lost their sense of taste more than a chronic Coronavirus sufferer...

Sub-£99 and tasteful? Fugeddabowdit.

Personally, I've gone for something a bit more subtle...

Comment

Yep, anything "gamer" branded looks horrendous the majority of the time. PC gear is terrible for it.

Not sure if its possible [MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION], but assuming your WFH due to Covid, are you able to request a chair from work? This was just mentioned to me and yeah.. I think I could have...

Comment

I'm about the same height, and I've gotten on well with the Ikea Markus now for some time re: the arms, which runs between £150 and £180 depending on whether you want grey or black. I am looking to move away from it now and try something different now, but I've liked it enough to have had it come with me through about 4 house moves, so it's certainly not a bad option.

Comment

Fuse is about 8 foot high!

Okay, so how about this delightfully subtle gaming chair from Cyberpunk 2077?
          ( SUNGLASSES WARNING )

Comment

There's some half-decent looking gaming chairs in JYSK for round the £80 mark. Some of them have awful made-up brand names very prominently on the headrests, but I spotted at least one nice one that was two tone grey with no embarrassing extreme gamer type branding. Might be worth popping in if you're nearby.

Comment

Saddest thing is you're all talking about comfy chairs and my place chucks 'em all the time, our room contains a veritable smorgasbord of salvaged, comfy chairs, we've all nabbed a nice one each.

If you worked with me, you wouldn't have to worry about chairs at all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Fuse is about 8 foot high!

Okay, so how about this delightfully subtle gaming chair from Cyberpunk 2077?
                ( SUNGLASSES WARNING )

Imagine if you were really excited about Cyberpunk 2077, and got that chair, and the special edition Xbox, and the £200 version physical LE with the figurine, and you were all ready to rumble on day 1.

Then an hour in you realised you hated the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                  Yep, anything "gamer" branded looks horrendous the majority of the time. PC gear is terrible for it.

Not sure if its possible [MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION], but assuming your WFH due to Covid, are you able to request a chair from work? This was just mentioned to me and yeah.. I think I could have...
                  Good point... I think you're right. I work for one of the big banks and I'm pretty sure they were allowing chairs and monitors etc... I'll check it out.

Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Imagine if you were really excited about Cyberpunk 2077, and got that chair, and the special edition Xbox, and the £200 version physical LE with the figurine, and you were all ready to rumble on day 1.

Then an hour in you realised you hated the game.
                    I keep thinking that with all this special stuff they're doing for it. Some folks could be hundreds of quid into a game that turns out to be a bit of a mediocre wet blanket.

Comment

My Secret Labs Omega chair arrived along with my Kaiser Polycarbonate Chair Mat (which is very nice! The chair doesnt sink into it like my old one).

Not too dificult to put together, although I did think it was buggered at the end when the backrest wouldn't move (there's a screw you need to take out first). It's quite comfortable and very adjustable so first impressions are good.

-edit-
                      It also comes with a lumbar support cushion and headrest cushion, both of which seem to be pretty good.
                      Last edited by Cepp; 08-10-2020, 18:01.

Comment

That looks really nice... Jealous!

Comment

I really need to get myself a new chair. I've been looking at the Secretlab Omega myself but I'm not sure I can justify £350 for a chair, surely I can get a comfortable office chair for about half that? Dunno where to begin though lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            I really need to get myself a new chair. I've been looking at the Secretlab Omega myself but I'm not sure I can justify £350 for a chair, surely I can get a comfortable office chair for about half that? Dunno where to begin though lol
                            I spent ages looking at chairs recently. To be honest, I felt silly spending a lot, but putting it in the context of what I've spent on electronics and gaming equipment in the past, it's actually a far better investment than a lot of that stuff since I'll spend a decade sitting in it, keeping my back in hopefully decent nick in the process.

Main options I looked at were:

1) Ikea Markus - best value at about £180

2) Secret Labs Omega - to be honest I didn't really consider this as the styling isn't really to my taste, but people rate it - £350

3) Used Herman Miller Aeron - people really love these, and while they are £1300 new, they have been around since the 90s and you can snag used ones for about £250 - £400. Trouble is at the moment they keep selling out as so many people are buying for WFH, at least when I was looking.

4) Used Steelcase Leap - another very highly rated ergonomic chair, the yin to the yang of the Aeron in terms of the top rated chairs really. A brand new one will run you £800 but used ones can be had for £250 - £400, again finding stock at the mo can be an issue.

5) Herman Miller Lino - a new chair from HM with a lower RRP than the Aeron. What I ended up going for, partly because they could deliver one fast and I wanted a chair, like, yesterday, due to back pain, and partly because I liked how it looked. Also because it was meant to be better and more ergonomic than the Markus. £600. Still pretty new so no used ones knocking about yet.

Hope that's relatively useful!
                            Last edited by wakka; 08-10-2020, 19:25.

Comment

To be honest, a used Aeron would be nice. That's a chair I wanted to get in the past but yeah finding one for a good price and not completely knackered could be tricky.

Few options there I haven't heard of so thanks for the insight!

Comment

You really can't be buying used chairs. Think about all the farting and goodness knows what else...

Comment

Working...
                                X