Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is. Looks nice.

Comment

So some things seem to be panning out, others not so.

They've stuck with a similar headset design to the older model, which is great, as it was very comfortable. They also have gone with inside out tracking, though that shouldn't surprise anyone.

Looks like they went against having the single camera on the rear of the headband. That's a shame, it offered options.

Comment

The ventilation thing appeals to me - wearing glasses and generally having a hot head did mean that things often got fogged up in there. Backwards compatibility is still the thing I want to hear about the most though. Some exciting new games would be good too, natch.

Comment

That looks brilliant. Really love the look of it. I'm very excited for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            So some things seem to be panning out, others not so.

They've stuck with a similar headset design to the older model, which is great, as it was very comfortable. They also have gone with inside out tracking, though that shouldn't surprise anyone.

Looks like they went against having the single camera on the rear of the headband. That's a shame, it offered options.
            Inside out tracking has come on massively since the original windows mixed reality headsets saying that they where miles ahead off the Move controllers/camera set up the psvr has. The quest 2 and newer Inside out tracking are pretty decent these days and id rather have that than 4 satellites sat on tripods.

Comment

What, you don't want to have to devote an entire room of your house to VR, converting your back bedroom into a budget holodeck?

Sounds like you're not taking it seriously enough.

This is my sense of humour

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                Inside out tracking has come on massively since the original windows mixed reality headsets saying that they where miles ahead off the Move controllers/camera set up the psvr has. The quest 2 and newer Inside out tracking are pretty decent these days and id rather have that than 4 satellites sat on tripods.
                Inside out on WMR from the last few years it great. In terms of the actual headset tracking it's spot on. Where it falls down is in its ability to track the controllers, which is pretty poor compared to the Rift S I used to have, although I did play Alyx with it just fine but I wouldn't even attempt Beat Saber for example.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  What, you don't want to have to devote an entire room of your house to VR, converting your back bedroom into a budget holodeck?

Sounds like you're not taking it seriously enough.

This is my sense of humour

Not serious enough i have the following real world gaming achievements to prove my might!!!!

Ecco the dolphins plastic Tears
                  Own a cupboard full of plastic gaming instruments including a doddgy looking plastic drum kit, a fisherprice looking DJ deck, and a set of bongos.

Streets of Rage Yorkshire
                  Risked being mugged multiple times by attending midnight launches to buy games consoles in town centers full of drunks tramps and druggies.

Uk Resistance
                  Tried to play Kinect in a terrace house (Stand back, stand back) "Im in the ****ing neighbors house you dumb bastard"

Dying light
                  Played pre backlit era portable consoles in the back of a moving car at night with only street lights to illuminate the screen

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Inside out on WMR from the last few years it great. In terms of the actual headset tracking it's spot on. Where it falls down is in its ability to track the controllers, which is pretty poor compared to the Rift S I used to have, although I did play Alyx with it just fine but I wouldn't even attempt Beat Saber for example.
                  i play Beat Sabre, Super Hot and Pistol Whip all the time on an old dell WMR headset its great, what it struggles with is when it asks it to do anything behind you as it has no cameras covering your back. most games are all about interacting with things in front of you so its perfect for 99% of scenarios.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 22-02-2022, 15:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski
                    Played pre backlit era portable consoles in the back of a moving car at night with only street lights to illuminate the screen

Haha, oh man, I remember doing this, I think I had repressed the memories of it. Waiting for a streetlight to pass by to quickly make a decision on what move to make next in Pokémon.

I guess now there are kids now sat in the back of the car with a bloody Quest on their heads, interacting with a fully 3D VR world. Which does kind of make playing Pokémon Blue without a backlight on a rapidly depleting set of AAAs seem like kind of a ****ty experience, but hey, I didn't know any better at the time.
                    Last edited by wakka; 22-02-2022, 15:31.

Comment

i play Beat Sabre, Super Hot and Pistol Whip all the time on an old dell WMR headset its great, what it struggles with is when it asks it to do anything behind you as it has no cameras covering your back. most games are all about interacting with things in front of you so its perfect for 99% of scenarios.
                      Good to know. I also have no room, but when I do!

Comment

Not serious enough i have the following real world gaming achievements to prove my might!!!!

Streets of Rage Yorkshire
                        Risked being mugged multiple times by attending midnight launches to buy games consoles in town centers.
                        Great Post BTW.

In my younger days I wasn't very wise with money, nor were we well off, so buying a new console was a real treat for me (occasional computer, too). I really did feel nervous going to grab them alone when young, though. Just a bit of bad luck and you'd get mugged and maybe end up on the news. The only consolation would be if they only had Altered Beast to play after robbing you, but hindsight is 20/20.

I do recall buying one console in the winter and being very nervous, as it was turning dark as I made my way home. Looking back I should have taken a friend or had someone pick me up. I have weird game related stories also, like when a friend waved a gcon clone about after buying it and someone reporting them instantly. I wasn't there, though.
                        Last edited by monel; 22-02-2022, 16:17.

Comment

It my 40th this year.
                          Chance of convincing the wife I need one for my birthday?

Comment

A technical presentation taking place on Thursday. Similar to the Road To PS5 I guess. Might be interesting.

Comment

PSVR2 for me is the genuine next generation for me. PS5 and Series consoles have some nice quality of life improvements but haven't shown us anything new. If it wasn't for the prospect of PSVR2 I wouldn't haven't bought a PS5.

Comment

VR support for F1 2022 will reportedly not be coming to PSVR or PSVR2

Comment

Working...
                                X