No announcement yet.

PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I hadn't played it, it'd probably be much better in VR.

Comment

Oh for sure the impact will be lost if you’ve already done it in 2d

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        It's all very much more of the same which is interesting as it's a big investment just to pretty much knock out the same thing. If they aren't going to be pushing Alyx style experiences that go beyond the scale of what PSVR1 featured then I can't see how it will build momentum this gen
        Yeah I think this is how I feel as well. Valve have shown a blueprint for how good a game can be in VR and I'm really hoping with Sony first party experience they'd aim for this with one of their own franchises... Resistance VR?

Horizon Call of the Mountain doesn't seem anywhere near as adventurous, though graphically it hits the mark.

Comment

Yep, and it it's truly going to be the a continuation of what PSVR1 experienced then that will mean it will mostly rely on ports from PC which are either already on the PSVR1 ecosystem or somewhat drying up. It needs the software investment from Sony otherwise it'll have a distinctly PS Vita air about it

Comment

Yep, and it it's truly going to be the a continuation of what PSVR1 experienced then that will mean it will mostly rely on ports from PC which are either already on the PSVR1 ecosystem or somewhat drying up. It needs the software investment from Sony otherwise it'll have a distinctly PS Vita air about it
            This. Part of the problem VR is facing now is that the Quest, which is essentially a roided up mobile phone in graphics terms, has sold so much as to utterly dwarf all that came before - and the several new headsets on the way, such as the Lynx, the Pico Neo - they're all running on the same chipset and will have broadly the same capabilities.

On PSVR, Sony worked with developers to bring over big SteamVR titles, and that was very successful. It gave those developers another revenue stream in a small market, so they all went for it.

But as someone who spends a lot of time with VR, those PC titles have largely dried up. There are new things coming out, but not at the same pace as 3 years ago, and there aren't any more Half-Life Alyx's on the horizon.

There are some exciting things happening with cloud based VR that could allow for bigger experiences but I'm not sure about that.

Sony will really need to push this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Ah ok. I thought resi 7 was massively enhanced by VR and I loved village! Shame no pc vr version of village
              Aham,

Yea not official but it works. I would imagine Resi 4 will end up with a full VR mod for PC as it uses the same engine.

Comment

Is anyone gonna attempt to guess the price yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                  Is anyone gonna attempt to guess the price yet ?
                  on the PSVR 2?
                  I would guess £350 - £400

Comment

Affordability, as proven by Quest 2, is key to success.

It's PS5 era Sony though so I'll go with £449

Comment

Affordability, as proven by Quest 2, is key to success.

It's PS5 era Sony though so I'll go with £449
                      That's a hard nope from me. If the first digit isn't a 2, I'm out.

Comment

I'm largely working off them going high end with it and Rift is £300. With the price of the system its a big ask

Comment

I guess they can take more of a hit on the hardware as they no doubt have worked out the average attachment rate for software sales on the previous gen.

Just got a chance to sit down and watch the State of play presentation.
                          The HZD thing looks like a good combination of The Climb and the previous game. Looks promising

Comment

Comment

Where'd you see this?

Comment

It was apparently posted on Twitter by Bit Planet Games (Ultrawings). Since been deleted.

Comment

Working...
                                X