No announcement yet.

PSVR2: Next-Gen Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some dev already said loads of devs are working on updates or versions for psvr2. So maybe put the pitchfork’s down for now eh.

Comment

If there's a price tag attached to the updates then pitchforks back up. 4-6 months till release, this means Sony needs to announce a raft of new games for it soon

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Double down, we don't need loads of regurgitated PSVR1 content
        Well, the lack of back-compatibility will definitely impact on my purchase decision. If the price of this is high, then it'll be a definite no.

All the engineering talent at Sony and they couldn't find a way of doing a compatibility layer for the many games in the back catalogue? Poor effort IMO.

Sony is well known for doing free PS5 updates of course - for the players.

I suspect this is how it went ...

Engineer: Look, all we need to do is feed in the vector information of controller and headset positioning in the same data format as PSVR1 and we can make the old games work.
        Accountant: But PSVR2 owners will be desperate for games to play on their new headset, we can sell them upgrades to their old games.
        Executive: Hmm, money. Let's do that.
        Last edited by MartyG; 18-09-2022, 11:37.

Comment

An official trailer for it. Doesn't show anything we don't know.

Comment

Dope trailer. Gettin' me hype!

Comment

Don't buy into it! Smoke and mirrors info-less trailer to try and compensate for the B/C news disaster

Comment

Oh man, that made me laugh. I literally missed the whole last page of posts until I read yours above. Just saw a flashy trailer and was like yup, I'm in!

Yeah, that sucks about BC. I mean, it's bull****. It should obviously have BC. They are obviously doing this so they can sell all the same software again (there is no way stuff like Astrobot, Wipeout, Blood and Truth etc are not going to be made available in "remastered" PSVR2 editions).

I'll probably still buy it though. I really want to buy a VR headset, it's a whole area of gaming I still haven't explored - and I don't own a PC, and this appeals more to me than a Quest.

Comment

Yeah, as fantastic as the hardware looks, the BC thing is a real turd in the punchbowl. Although I agree that it's highly likely a few flagship titles will get shiny new PS5/VR2 updates, I also expect plenty of other smaller games falling by the wayside. I can't imagine many VR games sold brilliantly first time around, and indie studios in particular probably aren't going to be able to commit resources to revisiting a back catalogue for another round of meagre sales.

Comment

Yep, that's very true. The addressable market for VR games is already pretty small.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      the BC thing is a real turd in the punchbowl.
                      *Makes notes to avoid the buffet at Fuse's next party*

I don't have a PS5 yet, but a decent PSVR could tip me over.

Yeah, the BC is a strange thing.
                      I can't imagine the format will be updated with new games.
                      Heck, is the PS5 even up to double-figures of exclusives yet, nearly two years after release?!
                      If the PS5 is reliant on old games and remasters, boggles the mind, they'd not bother with these.

I still have a backlog of VR games, so it would be nice to be able to upgrade and work my way through them. :'(

Comment

At least when you get a PS5 you can still use the original PSVR to play that backlog before thinking about getting the new headset.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          At least when you get a PS5 you can still use the original PSVR to play that backlog before thinking about getting the new headset.
                          Kinda hoping they'll do some mega bundle, with Astro Bot: Rescue Mission 2 thrown in! (Crosses fingers)

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Kinda hoping they'll do some mega bundle, with Astro Bot: Rescue Mission 2 thrown in! (Crosses fingers)
                            I reckon if you wait a few years they probably will. At launch this thing feels like it's going to be really costly.

What do we reckon btw, folks...£399?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              I reckon if you wait a few years they probably will. At launch this thing feels like it's going to be really costly.

What do we reckon btw, folks...£399?
                              I maintain £499

Comment

I'm in for ballpark £399 as well. It's high tech but the PS5 is doing much of the work too, plus I think it's terminal for a peripheral to directly challenge the systems RRP so this feels like the roof considering that and Quest 2... and the limited market

Comment

Working...
                                X