X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks superb

Comment

Another month, another attempt by Microsoft to destroy the Series X's looks

Comment

Interesting title rumoured to be in development. An action RPG featuring the Wu Tang Clan...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          https://www.windowscentral.com/project-shaolin-xbox

Interesting title rumoured to be in development. An action RPG featuring the Wu Tang Clan...
          Why? Are the Wu Tang Clan even relevant anymore?

Comment

I don't know how relevant they are, I just thought it was an interesting project...

Comment

Well today is that day... Halo Infinite campaign stuff incoming. Looks like 2pm for UK.

Comment

Go hard or go home time for Halo Infinite. No coop has massively dampened my enthusiasm for this on launch but i hope its at least decent.

Comment

I'm ok with the co-op delay provided it helps been ship in it's best form. I normally play Halo once on normal difficulty for the campaign story, then go back a while later for a legendary run before I even contemplate co-op. So for me at least co-op isn't top of my list.

Comment

The campaign is the bit I enjoy the most about Halo. Co-op is cool to have, shame its not ready yet.

Comment

Well I've watched it twice now and yep it looks ALOT better and there is a lot to take in... I think some might still be against the old school character design aesthetic but I like it.

Looks like there'll be several mini-boss type encounters as you progress and you get a small glimpse of the abilities upgrades which will make for some varied tactics.

I've only seen it at 1440p60 on my PC monitor but I'll absolutely be checking it out again in 4K on the TV later on (work, work)... two big thumbs up from me though, exactly what I was hoping for.

Comment

Looks better than it used to, also still looks like a remaster of an old game too. The open world for me is about the only interesting part of it, if it weren't on game pass and I still had to pay £50-£60 it'd probably be one of the least compelling Halo games.

Comment

Well that's the design aesthetic they're going for, specifically leaning into the look of the earlier games... So it does feel like a remaster by that's intentional.

The only thing I've got any concern about now os whether the open world design ends up feeling a bit too much like Far Cry etc... I would assume you're going to have to progress by uncovering different bases and gaining abilities but I hope that doesn't get repetitive and is driven by a solid narrative.

Comment

If the campaign length is similar to other Halo's it should be okay. Presumably this was designed as an MP title first and foremost given the 10yr plan for it and the campaign is largely just point to point through it like an AC game barring side stuff. I think it'll do well as a multiplayer title but I'm still getting the vibes that this is the endgame for Halo in terms of it being the premier Xbox brand.

Comment

Sound effects are just awful, everything has absolutely zero oomph, like chief is throwing jelly at enemies, needs a complete redo.

Everything else is just, year whatever, which isn't good at all.

Comment

I think you need to buy some new headphones.

Comment

Working...
                                X