This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    So you can’t buy Ridge 6 digitally? That’s a shame. Ah well, still got 7 on the PS3.
    You can, but only from the US store. It's been delisted everywhere else. There's a chance given the game is now supported via BC that they can get it relisted in all territories but I'm not sure what it takes to get that done... I'm sure Namco might like some new revenue streams...

It's $9.99 on the US store.

Comment

I would've bought a Series X instead of a PS5 if I'd known it was going to have Ridge 6 with 4K HDR :@

To be honest, it is pretty much the same as 7, but I never got on with the latter as by that point I had sunk so much time into 6 both on and offline that I was kinda burnt out on it.

Comment

Thankful MS supports Steam now. They've updated their store for installation choice but it's still broken as hell, thankfully I was just able to install Halo Infinite MP via Steam instead. Given how MS wants Game Pass to grow it's amazing how bad they are at sorting their own store end out.

Comment

They are slowly updating the PC store but agree they're way behind the curve there compared to Steam.

Comment

250k players on PC today. Pretty good for a Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              I would've bought a Series X instead of a PS5 if I'd known it was going to have Ridge 6 with 4K HDR :@

To be honest, it is pretty much the same as 7, but I never got on with the latter as by that point I had sunk so much time into 6 both on and offline that I was kinda burnt out on it.
              Ridge Racer has been updated! GET IN! I know what I'm playing tonight. Haven't played Ridge Racer 6 in years. Yet another classic 360 disc gets the series X love.

Comment

It's more than a decade since I played it, but from memory the number of times the commentator said "nitrous" drove me up the wall.

Really pleased by the BC announcement. My local store had some of the OG Xbox games, so I snapped up the DoA games.

Comment

Looks like they've rolled out cloud streaming to the consoles officially so anyone can now stream instead of install Game Pass titles, provided you have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

Comment

What's the Streaming like on it?
                    Stadia has done alot to make me assume it's mostly ass. But then it's MS and Azure services are great.

Comment

I remember buying all the Ridge Racers music tracks for RR6 in my first and only microtransactions frenzy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        What's the Streaming like on it?
                        Stadia has done alot to make me assume it's mostly ass. But then it's MS and Azure services are great.
                        The main issue now is it tops out at 1080p60 and it looks like that isn't going to change in the beta. So if you're on a big TV and playing something you'd normally play in 4K you'll immediately notice the drop in fidelity.

I've tried this in Hades switching between the cloud version and installed version.

That said, the latency and general response can be excellent. It feels almost as good which is really the important part. Plus around that everything else just works... so friends list, achievements, dropping back to the dashboard.

It's all pretty seamless to get in and out of it. So the general user experience is near perfect.

I'm really hoping based on my testing they offer streaming options to play around with higher bandwidth options.

Comment

Played a bit of Halo multiplayer last night, mostly against the bots with other players and it was good solid fun, the gun sounds are still crap even with my sub turned up to max bass but overall its a great multiplayer. Have to say the vids put out really undersell the graphics, in motion playing its great, smooth as a button, pin sharp and nice and colourful. I played a team battle on a big map which was very halo (nice a green) and got my arse handed to me.

I’m definitely unfit for duty online now days.

Comment

Spencer says he'd support an industry wide emulation effort to preserve old titles

Comment

Experience with Infinite? Pretty much like that unsure gif from Curb Your Enthusiasm. The progression system truly is dire and you definitely have to adjust for an experience that remains... dated. As a Halo it's a solid, by the numbers experience. A lot of the time it felt like I was playing MCC again. That's kind of part of the issue too, it is smooth and clean looking but that's only because the bar it's aiming for is so low. It's like an Xbox One Remaster of an Xbox 360 Halo game running on Series hardware. It's not in anyway a good looking game, it's very blatantly been built as a not too taxing XBO title which really hammers home the dated feel. I can imagine how fans of the franchise will get their kicks from it but it still needs work on it, some it will get... some it won't.

I'm still interested to work through the campaign next month but yeah, of the 3 troubled mp titles launching at the moment Infinite is definitely not the horse I'll be backing

Comment

The progression system is lame and they've acknowledged they're looking at it with changes coming.

The problem they've made apart from it being too slow is it's steering people away from playing the objective to concentrate on e.g. getting 5 kills in a banshee... It's definitely spoiling things a little but the good news is it's a beta and it's there to fix things like this.

That's really my only complaint this far, and a few weeks from official launch that is a mighty fine position to be in.

It also looks stunning on Series X and equally impressive on Series S at 1440p. They've done a great job on this as far as I'm concerned. Now I just want more BTB maps to mix things up...

Comment

Working...
                                X