This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    I think i covered the basics, they said its Fun and the combat is great which is good to hear, I didn't think i was being negative, its only an early impression, we don't know what or how things will progress theirs lots of cool stuff they can do with just the Ring Biome, after all the ring in previouse games has been home to jungles crashed space ships, lakes and beaches as well as loads of forerunner architecture.
    I wasn't having a dig, you just managed to reduce multiple paragraphs into two words... I'm not sure how 343 is going to manage the expanding story and different locales but as it stands you can't traverse the whole ring in this from the outset. It isn't open world really but the surface is large with fragmented pieces.

I'd assume they are going to roll out story DLC as things progress but given the rocky road to release who knows what is planned.

Previous Halo games have had diverse areas but they're kind of split between internal and external levels. Apart from ODST which was a little different but still had flashbacks etc...

Not long to find out the full reviews though... less than 4 weeks.

Comment

Co-Op fpr Infinite set for May 2022 at the earliest. Forge will be TBC past that point

Comment

A decent preview here.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Don't know about the PC in regard to texture pack. Maybe try it and play spot the difference? Glad you liked it.
          It had already downloaded the hires pack, despite me telling it not to

Just had a go in 4K. Bit more impressive. Very sharp, still hits 60fps on ultra. The environments are still lacking though. Objectively these are good graphics but the environments I've seen don't show them off very well is my current conclusion. I am well up for the campaign though I have to say!

Comment

After weeks and weeks of trying, finally got hold of a Series X (I hope). EE of all places has stock. Until the thing ships, im not getting too excited yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...t-the-earliest
              Co-Op fpr Infinite set for May 2022 at the earliest. Forge will be TBC past that point
              May? Wtf are they doing at 343, they’ve had what, 7 years to work on this?
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 19-11-2021, 14:45.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

The new progression update hit last night and I put in a good 4 hours play as the wife worked. It's definitely better, even if it's just a band aid fix. I went up 3 levels in progression pretty quickly... so yeah, its a good 3-4x faster.
                Did you have lots of easy weeklies and / or use the XP boosts? Certainly the new daily system is worse unless you can get 20+ games in of a day.

Not that it affects me in the slightest haha. The (often huge) dress sim element of gaming was / is / will always be pathetic.

Anyhow, will give this a spin over the weekend. Only got one match in on launch day, fun enough (although preset mm (map / mode) is poor), and I think I need to change some settings, try and up the beefy feel, which in those 10 mins of game still felt weak. Oh, and no OHK oddball strike? Ok...

Comment

I am very excited for Halo. Getting access to a Series X in a couple of weeks and I want to go wild on those Covenant. Used to be a massive Halo fan and this looks like a great return to the big rough and tumble combat in pine forests that I fell in love with. The hookshot looks like a great addition; dodging brutes and getting to vehicles and getting creative in the classic Halo sandbox.

Comment

Campaign has gone gold.

Comment

Hopefully this isn’t like when the Master Chief Collection went gold!

Gold in this case means the campaign yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Hopefully this isn’t like when the Master Chief Collection went gold!

Gold in this case means the campaign yeah?
                        Yep, what is it 19 days to go?

Comment

Just tried the Infinite beta for a session and it was great. Has anyone tried the tutorial? It has a cool cutscene and starts like a single player game(calibrating your suit, etc).

Also, my Xbox updated and now I can choose whether to mute the TV/speakers when a headset is connected(like with the Switch in docked mode). My Xbox used to just output simultaneously meaning I had to turn the TV volume down. I love it because I can use my headset for great sound and my wife can enjoy the cutscenes.

I’m hoping PS5 adds this option, too.

Comment

Ah yeah I heard they were rolling out that feature for headsets. Makes you wonder why it wasn't that way to begin with...

Yeah the tutorial is great, also highly recommend doing the gun challenges at the firing range as they really help getting your eye in on how some of the weapons handle.

There's also quite a few achievements attached to the tutorial including two secret ones...

Comment

Comment

Looks cool! The UI is impenetrable though and I can't invert Y. No sale ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X