This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    [MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION] I might be going crazy but was it you that posted the instructions of how to stream Xbox GamePass games to a Windows PC?
    Might have been me but do you mean streaming as in cloud streaming or.do you mean local from the console as in remote play?

Currently there is no way to do cloud streaming direct to PC but you can run an android emulator of your choice and install the android APK version and fake it.

I tried this with bluestacks and it was crap, poor latency and not worth it basically... But a better android emulator might give improvements.

There is official support for this coming early next year, more on that in a bit...

If you mean remote play, then from an Xbox One you can do that via the Xbox companion app on PC though note that is in the process of being phased out.

If you want to remote play from a Series SX console currently it's locked out, because support is coming early next year... But it turns out that app is in development and brings both cloud/local streaming all in one in a standalone app, much like the android version (it looks and acts very similar).

If you want to stream local games right now from Series SX you can by grabbing a test version of this app as it was available on the Spanish MS windows 10 store.

I've got it and it works great for local streaming but it doesn't work for original Xbox and 360 games, it'll only stream Xbox One and Series X. It does so though at 1080p up to 60fps with a bandwidth around 15Mbps.

I can't get cloud streaming to work in it. It's there but it doesn't work unless you're a developer (I guess, it's locked out).

Anyway, long story short... If you want to remote play there's options, if you want to cloud stream you're still limited to Android.

Comment

Thanks! I’ve only been able to stream from my Series S to my iPad and iPhone but neither is ideal(iPad is large but 4:3 so the image is letterboxed and small; iPhone is 16:9 but even smaller!).

Because it’s all local streaming so far, I just keep the controller connected to the Xbox instead of the iPad. It’s much more responsive this way, and there’s no audio delay.

I’m hoping it’s decent on PC because so far it’s a lot worse than remote play on Steam via another PC.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        Thanks! I’ve only been able to stream from my Series S to my iPad and iPhone but neither is ideal(iPad is large but 4:3 so the image is letterboxed and small; iPhone is 16:9 but even smaller!).
        This is definitely an issue I raised on the beta programme - there is no text scaling which makes playing some titles all but impossible on a phone - and like all streaming services, there is controller lag which I notice compared to local. Not an issue in some games, but it does impact anything that needs a greater controller input fidelity.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          This is definitely an issue I raised on the beta programme - there is no text scaling which makes playing some titles all but impossible on a phone - and like all streaming services, there is controller lag which I notice compared to local. Not an issue in some games, but it does impact anything that needs a greater controller input fidelity.
          Yeah text scaling is one thing, plus there isn't much scope to change bandwidth or investigate latency etc... For the PC remote play I would love to up the bandwidth to say 25-30Mbps because I know my local network will handle it just fine (both machines are wired).

I actually just got a lengthy survey from MS on this very subject so they are taking feedback from the community now after the service has effectively been in beta for nearly a year. Chances are they'll be adding functionality constantly now as they've been adding stuff like touch controls on a game by game basis.

If anyone needs the PC app for Series S/X streaming to test themselves let me know. I'll dig up where I downloaded it from or worst case I can host it somewhere (its 425mb).

Comment

I’d love to try the app! I’ll have a look for it online in the meantime.

Comment

How to remote play on Windows 10 PC using XBOX Series X/S? Solution About the Video : Hi Guys, in this video I will help you remote play your XBOX series

See how you go following that. If you get stuck I'll look at hosting the file somewhere later today when I don't have kids hanging off me...

Comment

No rush, matey!

I’m watching The Christmas Chronicles

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  No rush, matey!

I’m watching The Christmas Chronicles
                  Polar Express here...

Comment

Shared it for you here, and anyone else that wants to try it for that matter.

Simply download to PC, right-click and select install. This is a test app but it will automatically update via the MS store in Windows 10.

I did have an issue with it not working with audio a couple of weeks ago but it's updated again and that fixed it...

As I said earlier this app lets you remote play Series S/X to your PC but only for XBO or Series S/X games and it currently doesn't work for cloud play.

In my testing it works well and it hits 1080p60 at 15Mbps bandwidth.

Enjoy. I'll keep it shared out until after Xmas just in case anyone else wants it but I'll take it down then.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hKC...w?usp=drivesdk

Shared it for you here, and anyone else that wants to try it for that matter.
                      Thank you! I gave it a quick try this afternoon and it was working great!

I really like the onscreen buttons(and that they can be moved around quite freely), and it let me just use my keyboard for entering text, tabbing through the buttons, etc.

I haven't actually tried streaming any games yet, though, just the home screen

Comment

I figure the on-screen touch controls overlay is for when you've got a surface or similar windows 10 tablet device. It's the same on Android, you can configure it as you like.

See how you go with streaming. I find with 60fps games which move at speed it can become a little pixelated which is why I really wish they'd let you increase the bandwidth for a better quality... For 30fps titles though it's great.

I've been playing cyberpunk at 30fps quality mode and it looks and plays great remotely.

Comment

Probably the same tech as amd gpus on
                          Pc (with the Xbox having an amd gpu)? I know I can stream my pc to my iPad and it works really well.

Comment

Happy Christmas all hope your enjoying your Series X/S

Any advice for the following?
                            I sold on eBay, my Xbox One X on the 22nd Oct ready for the Series X. I had and email at 2230 on Christmas Eve from the buyer of my one X saying they have just set the machine up and the “A” button on the controller is not working. They are claiming they have tried a second controller and that is the same.

They’ve had the machine two months and only now they’ve tested it. The machine was in mint condition and everything working 100% and now they want a full refund. Will eBay judge this fairly and anybody come across this issue. I’ve googled faults on controllers and all I can find is make sure the firmware on the controller is up to date or change the controller?

Any info would be appreciated

Comment

Assuming the buyer is not just pulling your leg for a refund so they can buy a Series X, I’d ask them to:

- try using a USB keyboard with the Xbox to see if the console just isn’t letting them past the screen they’re on(probably the initial setup screen if you did a factory reset before selling). The enter key would work as the A button.

- try the controller on their PC or phone. PC via USB cable would work if the controller is a newer model, otherwise they could try it over Bluetooth. Windows has a joystick testing app, or there’s the Xbox Accessories app which can test the sticks and buttons.

If the above work ok, maybe there’s a way to do recovery by holding the power button like on PS4.

The A button not working on two different controllers sounds too weird to be a hardware issue, especially if you only included one controller with the console.

Comment

That surely cannot be an issue with the console. Not at all

Comment

Working...
                                X