Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable I had an email off PayPal at 1238. At 1558 had two emails off PayPal that a new case has been opened against me that the buyer is now stating she made the transaction by mistake FFS getting beyond a joke
    On the plus side I've finished Hivebusters and really enjoyed the short campaign.
    Looking forward to the Medium now
    Last edited by BIG EDD; 13-01-2021, 18:39.

Comment

Mate that's great PayPal sided with you, the following case should just be a formality...

Hivebusters is great. I finished that last week myself and enjoyed it because it was so short. It's just a lovely 3-4hr distraction.

I've got the Medium pre-installed ready to go as well...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
        Had an email off PayPal regarding my One X I sold on Ebay. Both of them have agreed in my favour thank god.
        Thanks for the feedback from members on here who commented on the situation
        Nice one. Its good to see when the right thing is done.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Looking forward to the next episode of Edd's crazy adventures!
          Your Sky dish been fixed yet?!
          Nope the tree is still on our utility room from 27/12/20. We order a new dish with Sky and explained everything to them. Next morning a sky engineer turned up at 8am to tell me that she can’t enter my property because of the covid rule FairPlay Sky well done sir

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            Mate that's great PayPal sided with you, the following case should just be a formality...

Hivebusters is great. I finished that last week myself and enjoyed it because it was so short. It's just a lovely 3-4hr distraction.

I've got the Medium pre-installed ready to go as well...
            I thought the graphics on Hivebusters were a step up over gears 5. The jungle enviroment looked superb

Comment

I thought the graphics on Hivebusters were a step up over gears 5. The jungle enviroment looked superb
              Yeah I was snapping screenshots a lot. It's a looker alright. Also The Coalition have updated Gears 5 and Gears Tactics with VRS tier 2 so it seems there's still more performance available in the engine. They eeked out an extra 14% at 4K on PC and it's being patched into Xbox as well.

Comment

That's because such severe shortcuts are made to attain the performance. You emerge from from the super linear tree lines to overlook a vista with huge decaying ruins and a volcano sprawling off into the distance and the performance doesn't even slightly judder one tiny bit but one key element of that is that over half the image is effectively a high def jpeg. Coalition get a huge amount of impact out of work that is well behind the curve of rival AAA titles, it'd be interesting to see what they could do freed from the shackles of the XBO hardware and the 60fps absolute requirement as they're potentially one of the MS studios that has the most visual potential in their games, as it is Gears 5 is nice but still reeks of mid-XBO gen.

Comment

Well ok I take your point, Gears is a fairly pedestrian cover shooter at heart and doesn't really need geometric detail far off into the distance... Plus I would rather a game of this type hitting 60fps than adding that detail as it adds so much more to the gameplay.

Plus of course, Gears 5 at least was targeting Xbox One and got updated for Series platforms. I would imagine Gears 6 will be the reverse and possibly not even supporting older consoles.

All things considered it still looks great...

Comment

Had an email off PayPal regarding my One X I sold on Ebay. Both of them have agreed in my favour thank god.
                    Thanks for the feedback from members on here who commented on the situation
                    Glad to hear it! Hopefully this next spurious complaint should be cut down by them in short order and that should be the end of it.

Comment

I'd love to see the series get a God of War level refresh. Whilst I enjoyed Gears 4 and 5 part of me still struggles a little with how they still feel resolutely like 360 era games to play, the cutscenes look nice too including the character models but that freefalls off in game where they're still 360 era robotic. It'd be amazing to see the series dragged up to current gen levels but it seems stuck a bit like Halo where MS is trying to tow the line between pleasing new audiences and also the original fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        I'd love to see the series get a God of War level refresh. Whilst I enjoyed Gears 4 and 5 part of me still struggles a little with how they still feel resolutely like 360 era games to play, the cutscenes look nice too including the character models but that freefalls off in game where they're still 360 era robotic. It'd be amazing to see the series dragged up to current gen levels but it seems stuck a bit like Halo where MS is trying to tow the line between pleasing new audiences and also the original fan base.
                        Yeah, I completely agree. MS really need to take some creative risks with these franchises to get people excited about them again. Otherwise I feel like interest in them will be ever-dwindling.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Yeah, I completely agree. MS really need to take some creative risks with these franchises to get people excited about them again. Otherwise I feel like interest in them will be ever-dwindling.
                          Give them a break - they already put a woman on the front cover, jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Give them a break - they already put a woman on the front cover, jeez!
                            Oh Microsoft, with this progressive attitude you are really spoiling us!

/Twiddles moustache.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              What like Gears Judgement?

Actually the multiplayer defence mode in that game was actually fun. I agree the formula of Gears has gotten stale over time but I've actually enjoyed Gears 4 & 5 as a franchise reboot.

Personally I would actually like to see whether they can take the multiplayer bigger with the same mechanics. Much like Halo has its big team battles as well as standard 4v4 etc... Plus I am not a fan of the elite skilled wall bouncing antics in multiplayer either though I feel break that and you piss off the fanbase.

I like Gears because of the campaign's though. I usually play through once casual and then ramp up the difficulty and hit it again co-op and it's always a fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                What like Gears Judgement?

Actually the multiplayer defence mode in that game was actually fun. I agree the formula of Gears has gotten stale over time but I've actually enjoyed Gears 4 & 5 as a franchise reboot.

Personally I would actually like to see whether they can take the multiplayer bigger with the same mechanics. Much like Halo has its big team battles as well as standard 4v4 etc... Plus I am not a fan of the elite skilled wall bouncing antics in multiplayer either though I feel break that and you piss off the fanbase.

I like Gears because of the campaign's though. I usually play through once casual and then ramp up the difficulty and hit it again co-op and it's always a fun time.
                                I don't know anything about Judgement, was it quite drastically different?

I'm no expert on the franchise whatsoever - my history with it is basically:

- Got Gears 1 on release and was absolutely blown away. Incredible HD graphics, loved the sticky cover mechanic, the skill-based reloading was a stroke of genius. S-tier game at the time.

- Played Gears 4 on the Bone. Practically the same as Gears 1 and still felt like it was a 360 game. Found it quite boring.

I didn't bother to try Gears 5 as it looked like more of the same again. What would bring me back in is a totally fresh take on it. Like, I wouldn't have bought God of War Ascension 2 had that been a thing, but God of War 2018 felt like a really new and interesting idea, so it drew me in.

There's no hate from me at all. Gears has good fundamentals. But it's overdue a proper rethink imo. Just my 2 cents as someone who isn't a series fan and has only played a couple in the series, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X