This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    The Unofficial Patch. It's a mod, for PC and Xbox. It's absolutely essential.

A comprehensive bugfixing mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition. The goal of the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (aka USSEP) is to eventually fix every bug with Skyrim Special

I'd honestly rather play at 15FPS with that patch than 240FPS without it.
    You're a Skyrim man. Skyrim stutters like crazy on my PC. It's really weird; super smooth for a few seconds then badly misbehaves. I have no idea how to cure it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      You're a Skyrim man. Skyrim stutters like crazy on my PC. It's really weird; super smooth for a few seconds then badly misbehaves. I have no idea how to cure it.
      I do. Give me 10mins. Busy atm.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Woah that sounds awesome. Looks like it's PC only?
        That link might be for the PC version, but there's definitely an Xbox version too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          All-in-one solution for smooth FPS-unlocked gameplay. Includes a physics fix, borderless fullscreen performance boost, refresh rate control, highly configurable frame rate limiting, various bugfixes a

That solved everything for me, plus more (it's the only way to go beyond 60FPS without the physics going utterly haywire). But then, I'm on Nvidia with G-Sync. YMMV. Applying this, and thus finally overriding v-sync with G-Sync, gave e-sports levels of responsiveness. It was like playing a new game.

It comes with a big fat .ini file which you can tinker with for hours on end.

Last edited by dataDave; 16-03-2021, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Woah that sounds awesome. Looks like it's PC only?
            Only thing with mods on the Xbox is you won't earn achievements. Might be an issue for some...

So the FPS boost apparently lowers the resolution a little in both Fallout 4/Fallout 76...

That's interesting because in Skyrim and Fallout 4 the was already a way to uncap FPS using that mod that tweaked the ini file and you could run that with achievements working and resolution didn't suffer.

Will be nice to see someone like digital foundry compare the two approaches but the good news is if you've got a Series console both can be used, depending on which you prefer.

I know digital foundry already did a video for the ini mod method but now this new official boost mode is out it's time to compare.

I did try Prey last night as well as Dishonored and those games are infinitely better thanks to this update.

Comment

Comment

Octopath Traveler is landing on Game Pass on 25th!

Mar 16 Undertale Console, PC, Cloud
                Mar 18 Empire of Sin Console, PC, Cloud
                Mar 18 Nier: Automata PC
                Mar 18 Star Wars: Squadrons Console
                Mar 18 Torchlight III PC
                Mar 25 Genesis Noir Console, PC
                Mar 25 Octopath Traveler Console, PC
                Mar 25 Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Ultimate Edition PC
                Mar 25 Supraland PC
                Mar 25 Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Console, PC, Cloud
                Mar 30 Narita Boy Console, PC, Cloud
                Apr 1 Outriders Console, Cloud

Comment

****ing hell! That's a big win.

Top game, too.

Comment

I love what they are doing with older titles, but are there any actual new series x games coming out?

Comment

Outriders
                      Resident Evil VIII
                      Back 4 Blood

They're all confirmed as coming fairly soon. Past that there's flight simulator and the gunk as the exclusives but no confirmed date other than 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Outriders
                        Resident Evil VIII
                        Back 4 Blood

They're all confirmed as coming fairly soon. Past that there's flight simulator and the gunk as the exclusives but no confirmed date other than 2021.
                        Jez that’s pretty grim....

Comment

It is strange like. Having these last gen games and getting almost PC grade performance out of them, but the next gen games are like a soggy newspaper in the grid

Comment

I just think you've got quite a few titles which just don't have a set date. After last year there's quite a few just listed now as TBC 2021...

Stuff like The Ascent, Scorn, Chorus, Exomecha, Crossfire X, 12 minutes etc... All just listed as coming this year but nothing concrete.

I think after last year every small dev is just taking a wait and see approach. Agree it's fairly slim pickings though..

Comment

Wtf have devs been doing though? You would have thought lockdown would have been an ideal opportunity for computer nerds to be coding furiously at home lol

Comment

I'm loving this boost in frame rates. Just bought the Xbox One release of Prey. Now a solid 60fps at 2K and better lighting, reflections and finally lag free controls. Plus loading on par with the PC at 13 seconds unlike the minute it used to take.

Comment

Working...
                                X