Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 is about £155 from Scan so £200 isn't THAT crazy really.

Comment

I saw a deal on the 1TB expansion card for around £170 a few weeks back if you were willing in import from Spain. The cheapest I've seen it locally is on Amazon for just under £200.

I am sure the prices will come down more soon but honestly like most here I've been fine using an external HDD and swapping content as needed on the Series X. It's a little bit harder on the Series S but still doable.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Imagine if they out all that effort into producing new titles...
        There are thousands of games I still need to play so no new games is fine with me. 😆

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
          There are thousands of games I still need to play so no new games is fine with me. ��
          Same, just finished Bioshock last night...

Interesting report here. Apparently game pass subscribers spend more on games than non-subscribers... Though makes me wonder if that still covers the shortfall of direct purchases revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
            There are thousands of games I still need to play so no new games is fine with me. 
            I'm happy playing catch-up too, so many games I still need to give some time to. There's always a drought early on and it's nice to play older titles with extra shiny/performance.

Comment

Xbox seems to be weathering the drought fine so far presumably fuelled by how hard to get hold of the new consoles are, the Series S seems to pop in stock regularly so it's an easy option for the impatient. Given it's late March and each company is still silent it seems like it'll be E3 time before we see what they have lined up, MS won't be able to afford holding off much further than that though without getting utterly spanked by Nintendo and Sony once production opens up. They need to have games ready, it's been far too long without a game of note and 1 true Series S/X title in 6 months would have been utterly unforgiveable in any other new console release climate.

Comment

Side note - wheelin' and dealin' Del Boy that I am I'll soon have a Series S. I very much doubt I'll have it for long given my PC negates it but the one factor it has in its bank is the tiny handful of backwards compatible games and XBO/360 titles that can't be played on PC. It'll be interesting to see how they run and if S/X can deliver any sense of 'next gen'

Comment

It's a great little beautiful console.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    It'll be interesting to see how they run and if S/X can deliver any sense of 'next gen'
                    Results Prediction : it doesn’t and you should have bought an Xbox One.

Comment

Series S is better at emulation

Comment

Yeah the Series S is actually brilliant at emulation and at least for me it fits the gap as a second machine in the study as my home PC is just a small nuc desktop for Plex duties.

I actually had a Series S at launch but someone offered me £330 for it so who am I to refuse. I found some games were poorly ported for it (NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered) but since then patches and the FPS boost stuff has improved things. I'm actually planning to pick one back up but only via MS rewards (I've got £85 so far)...

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Results Prediction : it doesn’t and you should have bought an Xbox One.
                          What is this? Surely by getting a Series S you are locked in for 'next gen' games and great backwardsing compatiblizationals?

This was my understanding when getting one.

Comment

If I were to keep it I'd likely have it hooked up to the main TV which only has the kids WiiU atm. Feels like I should introduce them to Crazy Taxi lol

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Series S is better at emulation
                              I can seriously see this becoming quite sort after in 10 years to use as an emulation machine. It's small form factor and powerful. Hell, if I knew you could get mame running on it I'd be all over it.

Comment

I assume being such a mainstream system that it's going to get a lot of focus and the kinks ironed out too pretty sharpish

Comment

Working...
                                X