X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong thread

Comment

Trying Dirt 5 was an eye opener. I have to assume the Series S version isn't the greatest port as whilst it plays well visually its poor regardless of mode you set it as. Far from a showcase even if it were on the One X

Comment

I tried Dirt 5 on the PC and it just doesn't look very good there either.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if they've rushed it out to meet the next-gen launches. It seems weird that it'd be so rough looking when Codies are usually much more solid, especially for a game so rooted in last gen

Comment

Dirt 5 is all over the place from a looks perspective. Some tracks, especially during a snow storm with lightning flashes look spectacular. Others look like a PS3 game!

Comment

I couldn't get on with Dirt 5 after coming from Horizon 4... Just felt a bit undercooked.

Comment

Game Pass is up to 23m subscribers, hard to quantify given every service has erupted in numbers in the last 12 months but they'll be hoping to retain those as recurring subs and it's still trending up so all good

Comment

Will game streaming ever be possible on the xbox itself? Right now its fine to say you can try lots of stuff, but you cant really, unless you buy a 5tb hdd.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    Will game streaming ever be possible on the xbox itself? Right now its fine to say you can try lots of stuff, but you cant really, unless you buy a 5tb hdd.
                    It's been confirmed as coming and right now you can enter a beta if you're a subscriber of game pass ultimate to test streaming on PC and iOS.

I've got an invite for this but I've already been streaming from the cloud in the test app on PC for the past month. It works, well... If there's one thing it needs is a higher bandwidth cap for better visuals. It runs at 1080p but it gets blocky at high pace...

The interesting part where console streaming is concerned is the iOS piece of the puzzle. MS were shutdown by Apple before but this new version uses the browser and so equally I'd expect this will be possible soon on any browser such as chrome/edge.

And last month we saw the console version of edge get upgraded to full chromium... So it's either going to come to console as a native app or inside the new edge browser.

Comment

Comment

Xbox Live Gold no longer needed for Free To Play games, e.g. Fortnite.

You can cancel early one-time offer if this is all you use it for.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/...-to-play-games

Xbox Live Gold no longer needed for Free To Play games, e.g. Fortnite.

You can cancel early one-time offer if this is all you use it for.
                          Took them a while but it's the right move... I also see AMD have rolled out a major update for the console development space around RDNA2 features. This obviously helps Series consoles a lot, plus the PS5 as well... Even though Sony went more bespoke for some pieces so it's not so clear how much they can leverage in comparison.

Shared RDNA 2 hardware means Microsoft, AMD, and players across console and PC are set to gain from the transaction.

Comment

I just loaded up MLB the Show 21. And to see the PlayStation logo and a PlayStation studio load up on the series x was really strange.
                            and I didn’t feel quite right. MLB is a Playstation game for me. But hey it’s on game pass .

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              It's been confirmed as coming and right now you can enter a beta if you're a subscriber of game pass ultimate to test streaming on PC and iOS.

I've got an invite for this but I've already been streaming from the cloud in the test app on PC for the past month. It works, well... If there's one thing it needs is a higher bandwidth cap for better visuals. It runs at 1080p but it gets blocky at high pace...

The interesting part where console streaming is concerned is the iOS piece of the puzzle. MS were shutdown by Apple before but this new version uses the browser and so equally I'd expect this will be possible soon on any browser such as chrome/edge.

And last month we saw the console version of edge get upgraded to full chromium... So it's either going to come to console as a native app or inside the new edge browser.
                              Thank you for the detailed reply Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                Thank you for the detailed reply Looks great.
                                I tried it last night on PC. It basically runs from the xbox.com/play inside chrome or edge.

Edit:. https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/play

It looks and plays nice enough but in the beta the latency kills it for me. I only tried Outriders and I've got the Series S hooked up to the same monitor as my PC.

The latency rendered it almost unplayable via the cloud. But as it's in beta it might be too early to judge.

Comment

Working...
                                X