Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Christ, I don’t even know why I bought a Series X now since there’s no games coming out for it, waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      Jesus Christ, I don’t even know why I bought a Series X now since there’s no games coming out for it, waste of money.
      Eh, best version of Resident Evil Village, crap loads of boosted games and so on. Bought mad max the other day due to the boost in frame rate. The game still looks fantastic too but now running a locked 60fps in 4k

Comment

Clutching at straws there. Few fps more on SeriesX in busy scenes, and its not even that common throughout the game, but much faster loading on PS5.

He’s talking about new games, which the console should have.

Comment

As much as it's an irritation of many a gamer if MS doesn't have release ready software ready on the near horizon I think showing what they can of further away titles at E3 would be understandable and excusable for MS in this instance. They need to retain confidence and the cold reality is that framerate boosted retro/last gen games is an incredibly poor substitute for new content and one that is running out of fumes as a get out clause. The One X was an astounding machine but the market didn't care less because confidence and interest in Xbox One was so low, MS needs to assure potential buyers that the content is coming even if it ends up being a tad misleading as to how soon. As a next-generation console with a grand total of one exclusive and no noteworthy ones with confirmed dates going forward that show of confidence will be key to keeping system and Game Pass growth going.

Comment

To be honest, judging by a recent report saying the PS5 has outsold the seriesX 2to1 I think people are losing interest in MS. It's not just that the new console is missing new games, it's that the previous generation also went years with nothing of note either. They have a reputation of being a console maker with no games now.

Comment

Despite how the Series S was pitched as being mass market magic I do wonder how high the number of XSX sales have been to loyal XBO users. That the sales are pacing so similarly suggests the S has failed to capture newer audiences attentions who are still more enamoured by Switch and PS5 espeically when that model is so readily available to buy.

It would doubly further the need to get Game Pass on other platforms too as without it there's an in-built limit to growth there. It's success is great but then a steady increase from nothing is success in of itself for anything. XBO sold around 40m units so I wonder how many engaged GP subscribers are those drawn to it versus those MS is better monetising via a service people use in lieu of new content to play.

I'm definitely confident that they're eventually going to have steady exclusive content but if there's even a whiff of truth to it taking till 2023/2024 then they need to drive hard at abandoning a reliance on the consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                To be honest, judging by a recent report saying the PS5 has outsold the seriesX 2to1 I think people are losing interest in MS. It's not just that the new console is missing new games, it's that the previous generation also went years with nothing of note either. They have a reputation of being a console maker with no games now.
                I keep seeing this and the info MS are giving out is just incorrect. MS are reporting combined numbers of X&S. So PS5 is outselling SeriesX&S 2:1. They haven’t given anything specific on just the X, probably for good reason.

This needs to be nocked on the head as they most definitely aren’t the same console.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-05-2021, 09:47.

Comment

That's an interesting one. They aren't the same console but xbox Series is the format. PS5 disc and digi versions are different versions of the same thing too but still count for all PS5 sales figures.

Comment

Disk&Diskless though are still exactly the same console, just missing a disk drive. X&S are totally different consoles, can’t count them as the same. MS will be adding PC in at this rate to massage those numbers up again.

Comment

The release schedule is a valid argument for Xbox right now. I think everyone knows the Series X is a solid machine but the lack of new titles is something they need to remedy as soon as possible.

I don't share the same view on the console sales issue though. I'm sure the PS5 sales are higher but Series X is still sold out in a matter of minutes where I am looking... Maybe not Series S but still, there is demand higher than supply right now.

I also think MS is damned if they do, damned if they don't with showing what's coming. They got flamed for lack of gameplay video last year and now I think they are being cautious and not showing anything too far out.

I am sure there's going to be some great 3rd party releases but the first party stuff needs to be given firm release dates at this point.

Personally I am still enjoying the quality of content I can play on the Console. Existing titles have never looked better and newer releases also hit the mark like Outriders, which I loved playing through recently.

Their Achilles heel right now is very much needing a clear first party release schedule with a few titles imminent. I am sure that will come but agree it can't come soon enough for some.

The good news when it does arrive is it'll all be in game pass... I think the perceived value of game pass is going to increase exponentially by the end of the year.

Comment

In effect though it's fine for them to be combined as the X to the S is aking to the One X to the One. Other than a boost in power there's no difference in functionality or content and never will be. The XSX still seems to be supply contrained but then there doesn't seem to be too much of an indication demand is crying out either.

It's an interesting position they're in as they're finally profitable but it's Game Pass driven. If you can't grow the console arm and you can't get on rivals platforms then it largely just leaves phones, TV's and PC's and to be honest I just don't believe the market is there on TV and mobile hence my suspicion that GP's market is very Xbox console dependent. PC... I dunno, it's a massive market but hard to gauge

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Eh, best version of Resident Evil Village, crap loads of boosted games and so on. Bought mad max the other day due to the boost in frame rate. The game still looks fantastic too but now running a locked 60fps in 4k
                          I can't find an X yet but I am doing the same. Hoovering up older games that have been enhanced.

Comment

My comment above was me being flippant and silly, generally all you ever hear is people saying, “oh Xbox has no games, what a waste of money” etc.
                            I mean if it has no games WTF have I been playing on my series x since launch then??

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Even better when CD Keys are selling Mad Max for £5.99

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                                My comment above was me being flippant and silly, generally all you ever hear is people saying, “oh Xbox has no games, what a waste of money” etc.
                                I mean if it has no games WTF have I been playing on my series x since launch then??
                                What have you been playing on yours? I’m also not being flippant, but I think the complaint is specifically about the lack of current-gen exclusives. Mind you, it’s only been out for six months.

I’ve got a Series S so I’m missing out by not buying full-price games and just sticking to Game Pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X