This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    What have you been playing on yours? I’m also not being flippant, but I think the complaint is specifically about the lack of current-gen exclusives. Mind you, it’s only been out for six months.

I’ve got a Series S so I’m missing out by not buying full-price games and just sticking to Game Pass.
    Well I’m currently playing Nier Automata, prior to that loads of games, Call of the Sea, The Medium, Haven, Black Ops Cold War, Hitman 3, Little Nightmares 2 the list goes on, alongside a bunch of FPS boosted backward compatibility titles as well. So it does technically have game.

If we mean current gen exclusives, personally I’m not under any impression that they are going to happen anytime soon on an Xbox series X console, Forza Horizon 5 will be cross gen no doubt, as will Halo Infinite. I mean technically The Medium was PC and Series S/X only (timed exclusive) but apparently that’s not good enough, it has to have at least 90+ metacritic to get anyone’s attention.

Comment

There's a few smaller titles coming soon that have my eye. The Ascent is coming in July and that looks and sounds great from recent reports.

I'm also fully expecting Psychonauts 2 to stealth launch at the E3 showcase as it's been done for a few months and accidentally appeared on game pass a few weeks back for pre-load. So it's coming.

Then you've got 12 minutes which is looking ace and I believe The Gunk is another which will probably come out closer to September...

It's been a dry few months on Xbox for new releases but I think what they've done to the back catalogue is quite frankly amazing. When you combine fast load, auto HDR and FPS boost some old games are utterly transformed.

I really hope they continue as there are some major franchises like say Just Cause that would be amazing without the 30fps limitation. I also wonder if they'll be able to work a higher resolution in for some games with other techniques.

I think right now PS5 and Xbox are polar opposites in issues they need to resolve. We know Sony have a Game Boost feature coming so they're sorting out compatibility better than they have been and MS needs to start the conveyor belt of exclusives even if it's smaller titles with some heavy hitters in between.

Comment

Playing Xbox One games! Bazinga!

This gen might be young but to be honest no other system would ever get away with an absence of such titles for itself in its opening six months or on its schedule for the next twelve other than Series S/X. Game Pass is almost breaking its back on carrying the systems good will so far. Like has already been said, it'll be fine if E3 goes well for MS but I suspect the PR winds will change direction if it's their umpteenth dry showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Playing Xbox One games! Bazinga!

This gen might be young but to be honest no other system would ever get away with an absence of such titles for itself in its opening six months or on its schedule for the next twelve other than Series S/X. Game Pass is almost breaking its back on carrying the systems good will so far. Like has already been said, it'll be fine if E3 goes well for MS but I suspect the PR winds will change direction if it's their umpteenth dry showing.
          I don't know people seem to forget MS were pretty clear all titles coming to Series consoles would come to last gen as well. In the first 6 months we've seen just The Medium not do that but technically it couldn't.

Other stuff like Gears Tactics, The Falconeer etc... They've been on PC as well but they've been fun games to play in game pass. I'm not saying they don't need "exclusives" from their first party studios but I just think people forget they're running a completely different strategy to Sony as well.

I think at E3 we will really see what exclusive means where Bethesda is concerned. I know Elder Scrolls is a long way out but it wouldn't surprise me if Bethesda ended on an extended teaser trailer with "coming to Xbox and PC" on it.

Same goes for Starfield but I figure we've heard enough about that as well.

The odd situation MS has right now is PS5 is going to receive a stellar title from Arkane with Deathloop. I've had that on my radar for a while and it continues to look absolute mint. It has the fanboys all riled up in both camps but I think MS would be savvy to just explain from here on out all major titles are exclusive...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
            Even better when CD Keys are selling Mad Max for £5.99
            Nice. I popped it on last night . It still looks good but now moves really smoothly. No sure I like the control system for the on foot sections though. May need a bit of time to adjust to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              Well I’m currently playing Nier Automata, prior to that loads of games, Call of the Sea, The Medium, Haven, Black Ops Cold War, Hitman 3, Little Nightmares 2 the list goes on, alongside a bunch of FPS boosted backward compatibility titles as well. So it does technically have game.
              Same here. My Series X has constantly been in use. Just from memory, here's what has been played in reverse order. And may I add all at a more stable frame rate and / or higher resolution than PS5 if digital foundry are to be believed.
              Mad Max
              Resident Evil Village
              NEIR Replicant
              Pray (xbox One ver with res and fps boost)
              Code Vien
              Control Ultimate Edition
              Cyberpunk
              And others.

So yeah, loads to play on it. When the PS5 is redesigned I'll get one of those too but for now it's too big and well, not to my taste in looks.
              Last edited by Yakumo; 24-05-2021, 00:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Same here. My Series X ihas constantly been in use. Just from memory, here's what has been played in reverse order. And may I add all at a more stable frame rate and / or higher resolution than PS5 if digital foundry are to be believed.
                Mad Max
                Resident Evil Village
                NEIR Replicant
                Code Vien
                Control Ultimate Edition
                Cyberpunk
                And others.

So yeah, loads to play on it. When the PS5 is redesigned I'll get one of those too but for now it's too big and we'll, not go my taste in looks.
                Same here. The PS5 is too big and looks like ass. Ill get one when the slim version comes out in a couple of years.

Comment

Yep. That's what I thought of the first PS2 and PS3 as well. Both ugly oversized systems. The PS2 slim is so nice though. Love my matt white model.

Comment

I loved Mad Max... I grabbed it for a fiver at CD Keys last year based on a friend's recommendation. Such agood game. I haven't checked out the FPS boost to 120fps but I can imagine it's amazing as it was the one element of the game which felt clunky.

Those electrical storms in it... Wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      I loved Mad Max... I grabbed it for a fiver at CD Keys last year based on a friend's recommendation. Such agood game. I haven't checked out the FPS boost to 120fps but I can imagine it's amazing as it was the one element of the game which felt clunky.

Those electrical storms in it... Wonderful.
                      It's boosted to 120fps? Bloody hell. My TV can't do 120htz though. So locked 60fps for me.

Comment

Same here. My Series X has constantly been in use. Just from memory, here's what has been played in reverse order. And may I add all at a more stable frame rate and / or higher resolution than PS5 if digital foundry are to be believed.
                        Mad Max
                        Resident Evil Village
                        NEIR Replicant
                        Code Vien
                        Control Ultimate Edition
                        Cyberpunk
                        And others.

So yeah, loads to play on it. When the PS5 is redesigned I'll get one of those too but for now it's too big and well, not to my taste in looks.

How can you argue that their is stuff to play and then your listing games from 2015 (Mad max) 2017 (Prey) that can be picked up for under a fiver each and literately just one actual modern multi platform series x game, (Resident evil the village) everything else is a xbox one, or PS4 game with a boost mode, the level of stretching in here is crazy.

Comment

It's boosted to 120fps? Bloody hell. My TV can't do 120htz though. So locked 60fps for me.
                          Yep on Series X it's gone from 30 to 120... I'm almost tempted to redownload it just to see what it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            How can you argue that their is stuff to play and then your listing games from 2015 (Mad max) 2017 (Prey) that can be picked up for under a fiver each and literately just one actual modern multi platform series x game, (Resident evil the village) everything else is a xbox one, or PS4 game with a boost mode, the level of stretching in here is crazy.
                            Actually most can be picked up in game pass so it's even cheaper...

Fact is that not everyone has played everything that has released in previous years, and game pass offers a tonne of these games at a low entry fee and upgraded significantly with no risk of trying it out...

So whilst the point that there's nothing "new" to play there's plenty of things you might never have played when it first launched and now it's even better thanks to enhancements.

It may not have launched yesterday but it's still new to me if I've never played it before. That also still means you're using the console all the time and enjoying features it gives you previously not possible on older machines (120fps, auto HDR, quick resume, loading times)...

Sure I'm still waiting for new games like The Ascent and Psychonauts 2 to drop in the next month or so but in the meantime there is still a crap load of content to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              Actually most can be picked up in game pass so it's even cheaper...

Fact is that not everyone has played everything that has released in previous years, and game pass offers a tonne of these games at a low entry fee and upgraded significantly with no risk of trying it out...
                              so are the frame rate improvement and all the other stuff locked to game pass? could i not just buy a couple of old games and not see any bump in quality that sucks as its not the case on PS5.

so Gamepass If you play a couple of old games a month your pretty much breaking even and if your still playing Prey and Mad max when the next month comes round your making a loss. the longer you stick with one game the less value your getting from Gamepass if you get really stuck into an older game and put say 100 hours into skyrim or fallout 4 over a few months and play nothing else then for you it would make more sense to get it physically and pause your sub.

It's strange calling it the Netflix of games as films and TV traditionally take a lot less time to get through so from a value perspective where you can quite quickly get to that subscription price by watching a couple of films and a bit of a TV box set. the same cant always be said for a game pass service as you have to actively make sure your getting the value from it.

On balance if you joined gamepass and played say outriders day one and put 40 hours into it over the first month and left it there then from a value perspectives the next three and a bit months your in credit. You've essentially payed £10 to play a game that would cost you £45 on PlayStation.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 24-05-2021, 15:19.

Comment

As long as MS Rewards exists there's little need to ever pay for Game Pass either.

Comment

Working...
                                X