This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    As long as MS Rewards exists there's little need to ever pay for Game Pass either.
    Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but.... how does this work?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but.... how does this work?
      They give you points for harvesting your personal data, browser tracking, game tracking ect, you can top up points by doing stupid quizs and surveys too.

Comment

In part yes, but besides the quizzes and stuff linked to bing searches there's also rewards tied to game pass and playing certain games. So in essence they give you some coin back for e.g. playing a game on release. You can net around £15-20 a month all up.

Also... No all the boost stuff with frame rates isn't tied to game pass. You can still benefit from it if you've not got it and want to use discs etc... It's just most of the titles are on game pass so if you wanted to try out a load of boosted games dropping for a subscription would be the easiest way to do it cheap.

Comment

I think if you play a breadth of games from all gens then SeriesX is definitely your jam. MS have nailed the “pc console” where you can just play pretty much anything now on the SeriesX, and with added frame rate+resolution benefits.

New exclusives? Forget it.

Comment

I totally get the discussion on here, and probably on the ps5 thread to be fair, this perhaps to a slightly lesser extent but if this was steam then this would be the “I just upgraded my 6 year old gpu and wow!” thread. You gotta talk about what there is to talk about but right now the series x is basically a new gpu for the Xbox one and the ps5 barely fares better. Pc under the telly might be the way to go… IF YOU COULD BUY PC COMPONENTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              I think if you play a breadth of games from all gens then SeriesX is definitely your jam. MS have nailed the “pc console” where you can just play pretty much anything now on the SeriesX, and with added frame rate+resolution benefits.

New exclusives? Forget it.
              Forget it? I mean I get it but it's not like it's never going to happen.

Comment

It'll be interesting to put Halo Infinite aside and see what MS was intending to rely on had that game not been delayed

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  How can you argue that their is stuff to play and then your listing games from 2015 (Mad max) 2017 (Prey) that can be picked up for under a fiver each and literately just one actual modern multi platform series x game, (Resident evil the village) everything else is a xbox one, or PS4 game with a boost mode, the level of stretching in here is crazy.
                  Doesn't matter the age, still stuff to play. They're games I've never played but now I can and in a better way than they originally were. It kind of what PC gamers do come to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    As long as MS Rewards exists there's little need to ever pay for Game Pass either.
                    That's very true. I got a 3 year deal for the equivalent of 2 quid! Cancelled my 7 year or so Gold Subscription and there it was, game pass ultimate for 1000 yen. I'd be a fool not to pay that even if I don't care for a crap load of digital games. The fact it continues to let me play online is the seller for me. Yeah, I'm crazy but I don't care for digital releases. Somehow I don't feel satisfied to ay them which is why I still buy older games.

Comment

Yeah I'm similar... I'm good now till somewhere in 2023. I'm mainly accruing rewards for buying hardware, such as the Series S. I'm now saving to get the wireless headset and then the 1tb expansion drive (but I'll get that when it drops in price).

I don't care for a lot of content on game pass but once the first party stuff gets included it's going to be a different story.

That said I've been introduced to lots of games I normally wouldn't have tried so there's some absolute gems amongst all the faff.

Comment

I've been okay playing Forza Horizon 4 and random indie games since launch

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Doesn't matter the age, still stuff to play. They're games I've never played but now I can and in a better way than they originally were. It kind of what PC gamers do come to think about it.
                          I still stand by my original post if your only playing super old games then the values not there you may as well go physical and play stuff at your leisure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            I still stand by my original post if your only playing super old games then the values not there you may as well go physical and play stuff at your leisure.
                            I do buy physical stuff. I hate digital as I've said many tme. My MadMax is physical media as are all the games I mentioned on my list. I only have game pass as it included Gold online play. I buy everything I like on game pass. Code Vain is a prime exam. Tried it for a few hours via Gamepass then jumped on the Amazon Japan to buy a brand new copy.
                            Maybe I have more money then sense (I wish) since I buy what I have access to for free. I guess I'm thinking about 10 years down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              I totally get the discussion on here, and probably on the ps5 thread to be fair, this perhaps to a slightly lesser extent but if this was steam then this would be the “I just upgraded my 6 year old gpu and wow!” thread. You gotta talk about what there is to talk about but right now the series x is basically a new gpu for the Xbox one and the ps5 barely fares better. Pc under the telly might be the way to go… IF YOU COULD BUY PC COMPONENTS!!
                              Id agree that this gen feels like a PC catch up evidenced in how many games have been given bumps to help bring them more in line with the pc versions. The ps4 and xbox where getting seriously long in the tooth, super old tech that was running with low frame rates, and horrendous loading times and games that felt like they where really chugging at times you just have to look at how cyberpunk performed on last gen systems to see how bad it had got.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 25-05-2021, 10:05.

Comment

It's a nice if temporary perk of the new machines, presumably by 2023 we'll start consistently getting 4K 30fps only titles as standard unles devs really want to increasingly compromise fidelty. Well, even 4K 30fps depends on if they make the required effort, PS4 and XBO could still definitely run Cyberpunk well had CDProjeckt not been so terrible at making those versions

Comment

Working...
                                X